• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England Six Nations thread

To be fair I know someone who went to school with Cuthbert and he grew up supporting the rose, not the feathers ;)
Never wanted to play for Wales at all, until the 7s squad trials when he was at UWIC.

To be fair I know someone who went to school with Cuthbert and he grew up supporting the rose, not the feathers ;)
Never wanted to play for Wales at all, until the 7s squad trials when he was at UWIC.
Well, he was a misguided youff who changed his ways :p

Alex Sanderson should be added to the list of potential England coaches for the next few years I think.

Tuilagi looking his usual powerful self . Still too early to come back to international duty but I'd love it if Burrell and Tuilagi started together in midfield against Italy . Would be a great time to test it out before next RWC

A back line of

Care
Ford
Yarde
Burrell
Tuilagi
Nowell/May
Brown

Now that would be pretty sexual

Last edited:
Had a look at Kyle Sinkler's stats from yesterday and they were pretty good.
Very exciting that he's now starting (and playing a full 80 minutes) ahead of PDJ.

tom youngs looked good today i suppose not good enough by some of the ******s on here who have never touched a rugby ball

tom youngs looked good today i suppose not good enough by some of the ******s on here who have never touched a rugby ball

Whilst he can't throw into a line out properly to 2 really good jumpers he will remain in my eyes second choice at best and I'm a Leicester fan

i agree hartley is number 1 what i dont agree with is people slating him on here!! he has been superb in the premiership and last year in all forms his play in the loose and scrum is better than hartleys. he is 100% in the top 2 hookers in england

Had a look at Kyle Sinkler's stats from yesterday and they were pretty good.
Very exciting that he's now starting (and playing a full 80 minutes) ahead of PDJ.

He went out on loan to Ealing (along with Jack Clifford) at the start of the season and I was expecting O'Shea to let him clock up a load of game time there and learn the dark arts so to speak. The only positive from signing PDJ has been forcing us to use Sinkler and, it seems, accelerating his development.

Also, are we really keen on Burrell/Tuilagi? I mean really?

He went out on loan to Ealing (along with Jack Clifford) at the start of the season and I was expecting O'Shea to let him clock up a load of game time there and learn the dark arts so to speak. The only positive from signing PDJ has been forcing us to use Sinkler and, it seems, accelerating his development.

Also, are we really keen on Burrell/Tuilagi? I mean really?

I'm very very keen on Burrell/Tuilagi !
Burrell is a surprisingly good distributor too and IC is his favoured position . He seemed to play well alongside George North so he can play with another large centre .

I'd try it personally

No way Tuilagi should come in that early for a start.
His fitness looked good today, but his game awareness/positioning was terrible. It's understandable considering he's barely played since the Lions, but you don't want to throw someone in to an international on that kind of form.

I'd like to see Burrell and Tuilagi trialled in the midfield though - in theory it could work out very well. Twelvetrees has done OK for England but he's not made the shirt his own my any means.
Eastmond is who I want to see get a shot first, though. Either partnering Burrell or Tuilagi, I'm not fussed.

Eastmond is who I want to see get a shot first, though. Either partnering Burrell or Tuilagi, I'm not fussed.

Yes I desperate to see him on the international stage. I'm a huge 12trees fan but just can't see us ignoring him.

YES! He really does need to be given a crack.

There is a little something in the back of my head that tells me Tuilagi isn't our best option at 13 - it's impossible to ignore him, and he's been brilliant, but there is just something there. I don't know if it's a case of I think if he should move to 12, or out to the wing... but i just can't get it out of my head that he's out of position.

It's very tempting to have Tuilagi brought in as a bench option, as we know he can change games like that. Definitely not starting. I don't think he will be brought in, though.

I watched the Wasps Bath full match replay yesterday and was really impressed with Eastmond. To state the obvious perhaps that carrying the ball in two hands and the unpredictability facing defences with someone with such quick feet is something we don't have and really need. Sure we have some guys with good feet in the back 3 but there's no distributing midfield player at the moment who can keep defences guessing like that.

On another note. Haskell has been putting in some heroic shifts for Wasps recently. Hitting hard, winning turnovers, carrying well. The jury is out on whether he just looks better because Wasps are so pants right now, or whether he is indeed back to proper form.

Yarde and Tuilagi are back in the England camp.
I'd imagine that neither are realistically in contention for Wales, or even Italy, but it is good that they're both knocking around again.

Of the two I'd rather Yarde on the bench than Manu, he looked very good off of the bench the other week for Not nots.

On another note. Haskell has been putting in some heroic shifts for Wasps recently. Hitting hard, winning turnovers, carrying well. The jury is out on whether he just looks better because Wasps are so pants right now, or whether he is indeed back to proper form.

I get the feeling that Haskell has burnt his bridges with Lancaster... no reason other than he doesn't seem to get a look in.

Is he in the EPS?

YES! He really does need to be given a crack.

There is a little something in the back of my head that tells me Tuilagi isn't our best option at 13 - it's impossible to ignore him, and he's been brilliant, but there is just something there. I don't know if it's a case of I think if he should move to 12, or out to the wing... but i just can't get it out of my head that he's out of position.

Tuilagi is and will remain (as long as he's fit) our best option at 13 there's nothing Burrell has done that Tuilagi wouldn't have done too and more probably . Burrell has been good but Manu leaves a trail of destruction behind him

Having 3 players that are destructive ball carriers will cause opposite teams problems and we will be able to play gatball better than wales :D

It's very tempting to have Tuilagi brought in as a bench option, as we know he can change games like that. Definitely not starting. I don't think he will be brought in, though.

I watched the Wasps Bath full match replay yesterday and was really impressed with Eastmond. To state the obvious perhaps that carrying the ball in two hands and the unpredictability facing defences with someone with such quick feet is something we don't have and really need. Sure we have some guys with good feet in the back 3 but there's no distributing midfield player at the moment who can keep defences guessing like that.

Think he is the same boat as Easter.

Latest posts