• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England v France

Transplanting this to this thread:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (elgringoborracho @ Mar 2 2009, 09:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Were there a mint-sauce battle and worcestershire battle too? These ones you should have lost[/b]

You seem to forget sir that while you may win a few battles, we always win the war and usually on the points of our bayonets! ;)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Mar 3 2009, 12:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Transplanting this to this thread:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (elgringoborracho @ Mar 2 2009, 09:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Were there a mint-sauce battle and worcestershire battle too? These ones you should have lost[/b]

You seem to forget sir that while you may win a few battles, we always win the war and usually on the points of our bayonets! ;)
[/b][/quote]

:D Be sure I don't forget that...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Mar 3 2009, 01:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (elgringoborracho @ Mar 2 2009, 09:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The battle of Worcester was a key victory, nay the decisive victory, for the New Model Army during the English civil war.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Worcester

As for the Mint-sauce, that's more to ask either the Welsh or Kiwis about.
[/b][/quote]

The french won the snails and frogs battles but it was easy cause the only enemies were Timon and Pumba from the lion king

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Tehsniper @ Mar 3 2009, 04:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Mar 3 2009, 01:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The battle of Worcester was a key victory, nay the decisive victory, for the New Model Army during the English civil war.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Worcester

As for the Mint-sauce, that's more to ask either the Welsh or Kiwis about.
[/b][/quote]

The french won the snails and frogs battles but it was easy cause the only enemies were Timon and Pumba from the lion king
[/b][/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

this is turning into that google joke, type French military victories into google, press feeling lucky and you get did you mean French military defeats???

French squad:

Forwards (13) : Faure, Barcella, Szarzewski, Kayser, Marconnet, Domingo, Thion, Nallet, Millo-Chluski, Harinordoquy, Dusautoir, Bonnaire, Chabal

Backs (10) : Parra, Tillous-Borde, Trinh-Duc, Jauzion, Traille, Fritz, Bastareaud, Heymans, Malzieu, Médard

Out: Ouedraogo, Picamoles, Poitrenaud, Baby. (injury)

In: Thion, Bonnaire, Traille, Fritz

Chabal is back at the third row, probably as a flanker, his original position at Bourgoin. Still only one fly half and Parra as goalkicker, Traille as utility back. (he will cover the 10, 12 and 15 jersey)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Stillknox @ Mar 4 2009, 11:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
French squad:

Forwards (13) : Faure, Barcella, Szarzewski, Kayser, Marconnet, Domingo, Thion, Nallet, Millo-Chluski, Harinordoquy, Dusautoir, Bonnaire, Chabal

Backs (10) : Parra, Tillous-Borde, Trinh-Duc, Jauzion, Traille, Fritz, Bastareaud, Heymans, Malzieu, Médard

Out: Ouedraogo, Picamoles, Poitrenaud, Baby. (injury)

In: Thion, Bonnaire, Traille, Fritz

Chabal is back at the third row, probably as a flanker, his original position at Bourgoin. Still only one fly half and Parra as goalkicker, Traille as utility back. (he will cover the 10, 12 and 15 jersey)[/b]

you have classy, internationally proven centres pouring out of your ears and I for one am very jealous.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Mar 4 2009, 10:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
this is turning into that google joke, type French military victories into google, press feeling lucky and you get did you mean French military defeats???[/b]

Excellent !!!!

I have to tell, just to restore a bit of honor and pride:

732 Charles Martel stops the arab invasion in Europe at Poitiers
800 Charlemagne conquers a big part of Europe and become the first Empereur after the Romanian empire
Xth century: Eviction and hounding of Otton's german army
en 1066 Hastings
En 1099 First crusade and conquest of Jerusalem
1124 Bourgthéroulde: Louis VI evict german invasion
1214 Bouvines, versus Empereur's and Englih allied armies
1324 and and 1382: Cassel and Roosebeke: Flemish coalition annihilated
1453 Castillon: End of a century war versus England
1515 : Marignan versus Italy while 2 invasion of the penincula beetween 1494 and 1562
1643 and 1658 Rocroy and Les Dunes: versus the mythics Spanish Tercios
1745 Fontenoy, versus England and Holland
1783 Assistance in American independance war, versus Brittany
1791 Valmy: Versus Prussian, Austrian and British cohalition to restore royalty after French revolution
Napoleon's period: more victories than Jules cesar, Hnnibal and Alexander the Great put together. Just walk along the seine in Paris and read the name of the bridges over it (Arcole, Ulm, Austerlitz, Iena, Friedland, Eylau, Wagram, Borodino, etc...).
1859-1860 Solférino, versus Austria.
1914 Verdun

Now without forgetting what my ancestors have done, good or bad, I enjoy what any of us in Europe has been having the chance to live for more than 50 years, PEACE...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mr.cyclopede @ Mar 4 2009, 01:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Mar 4 2009, 10:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
this is turning into that google joke, type French military victories into google, press feeling lucky and you get did you mean French military defeats???[/b]

Excellent !!!!

800 Charlemagne conquers a big part of Europe and become the first Empereur after the Romanian empire
en 1066 Hastings
1515 : Marignan versus Italy while 2 invasion of the penincula beetween 1494 and 1562
1791 Valmy: Versus Prussian, Austrian and British cohalition to restore royalty after French revolution
Napoleon's period: more victories than Jules cesar, Hnnibal and Alexander the Great put together. Just walk along the seine in Paris and read the name of the bridges over it (Arcole, Ulm, Austerlitz, Iena, Friedland, Eylau, Wagram, Borodino, etc...).
1914 Verdun

Now without forgetting what my ancestors have done, good or bad, I enjoy what any of us in Europe has been having the chance to live for more than 50 years, PEACE...
[/b][/quote]
Marvellous list old chap, but do pray tell: Did you write it all on your own or did you have to collaborate with the Germans?

If you watchch closely, Germany is on the podium of our best ennemies, just after England for sure...despite what the word collaboration means in our XXe century mind.

Here we just tell the story:
Why on earth are there so much tree along the road in France ? It's for the german's to drive comfortably in their shadows while they invade us

Find this selection plesant, even if I would have liked to see Privat instead of Thion

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Count of Devonshire @ Mar 4 2009, 02:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mr.cyclopede @ Mar 4 2009, 01:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Mar 4 2009, 10:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Excellent !!!!

en 1066 Hastings
1914 Verdun

[/b][/quote]
Marvellous list old chap, but do pray tell: Did you write it all on your own or did you have to collaborate with the Germans?
[/b][/quote]

:D Just ****** my pants

I'm sorry but where the hell is Vickery's apology, a quarter of the penalty count was down to him.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Mar 4 2009, 05:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I'm sorry but where the hell is Vickery's apology, a quarter of the penalty count was down to him.[/b]

He's marketing the RFU's new clothing line "Raging Bulls**t". It's in line with recent England performances.

id still like to see Goode back in the starting 15. dont really understand why he was put on the bench

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Frntline @ Mar 5 2009, 12:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
id still like to see Goode back in the starting 15. dont really understand why he was put on the bench[/b]

There is a constant quote going round in my head when I think of one of my French buddies: 'I 'ate jonny wilkinson'. This reminds me that he is a thorn in the French side (as opposed to Francophile Hodgson) and hence we should pick him. I don't even care if he's fit, just pick him against France and we'll win easy.

Latest posts