• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England v France

Glad to see that Froggies are not the only ones to be teased !!!

Can't wait for the crunch, will accept the 3rd place in the tournament after if a blue victory next week

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (danny @ Mar 6 2009, 04:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Nailed on for an England win. France cant play that well twice, can they?[/b]
France didn't play that well against Wales - they made a meal of beating a limited team. Expecting much bigger things from them.

But I think England have it in them as well. Hard ********, some good talent out back. Good is the man to go with. They need a leader in the forwards.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shtove @ Mar 5 2009, 07:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (danny @ Mar 6 2009, 04:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
France didn't play that well against Wales - they made a meal of beating a limited team. Expecting much bigger things from them.

But I think England have it in them as well. Hard ********, some good talent out back. Good is the man to go with. They need a leader in the forwards.
[/b][/quote]
who doesn't exist at the moment, where is he, what other options are there in the pack that are gonna come in with promising club form and not succumb to the banality that exists within Johnson's set-up?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Mar 6 2009, 06:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shtove @ Mar 5 2009, 07:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]
who doesn't exist at the moment, where is he, what other options are there in the pack that are gonna come in with promising club form and not succumb to the banality that exists within Johnson's set-up?
[/b][/quote]
Dan Ward Smith?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Mar 5 2009, 06:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shtove @ Mar 5 2009, 07:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]
[/b][/quote]

This is the problem with English forwards.

Props - Sheridan & Vickery are both outstanding on their day but that comes rarely. Payne is ordinary, White is past it and Stevens is an idiot. There's a few youngsters I'd like to see tried out but they are just that - young. Wilson, Mercey and Corbisiero.

Hooker - Mears is decent but not outstanding. Hartley has potential but is still raw.

Lock - Borthwick is ok, Kennedy is ok, Palmer is well off the boil... there's Deacon, Chris Jones and maybe a few others but no one is knocking on that door. Shaw is well past it.

Back row - the one area we've got true quality. Haskell is starting to come back to last season's form and is a high quality 6. There's also Croft who is another fantastic option. At 7, Tom Rees is one of the better opensides in the world, but he's injured for a long time. Lipman's a good 7 as well, but he's injured. Steffon Armitage plays 7 but I'm convinced he should play 6. He's not a scrapper; his main qualities lie with ball in hand. So he's not a viable option. Worsley is one of the best tacklers in the world, but won't offer anything else. Easter is solid but really lacks in a few areas. Narraway and Crane are good prospects at 8 but aren't being picked atm.

So if you're looking for leaders... there aren't any obvious ones. The experienced props won't put their hand up; Borthwick can't do it properly, and there's no cemented places in the back row... otherwise I'd expect Rees and Crane to offer leadership, but they're not in the team atm and Crane has about 2 caps.

This isn't one of those problems we can blame Johnson for; he simply hasn't got the personnel. All the experienced guys in our squad are not intimidating, lippy, obnoxious arseholes, neither are they absolute lead-from-the-front workhorses.

Im backing Framce (< if you get the Botch reference let's be friends).
If England play a good honest game, for once, I'll be a neutral by half time in the best case scenario.

However, if this reduces into a scrap it'd be an interesting "rock bottom" moment for England...oooohh maybe a couple of red cards, just for the occasion, and then a 40 point whallop by the Scots. That'd be sssssoouuunnnddd!

Ok, I'm pretty stoned.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gingergenius @ Mar 5 2009, 11:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Props - Sheridan & Vickery

So if you're looking for leaders... there aren't any obvious ones.[/b]
These two old fruits must step up to the plate for me.

They're both experienced and proven, yet have been poor to anonymous for a while now. Stevens is a moron but to have him around just to shake them up would be a blessing right now.

Borthwick isn't exactly England captain material but he's not being helped by his fellow experienced players. Great captain though he was, Johnson had a plethora of leaders in his pack, especially in the back row. The number of players from that pack who'd walk into the captaincy right now is frankly depressing.

Well maybe France didnt actually play that well. Maybe they are just building up to form, and their fairly ominous demolition of the Welsh pack was simply another step towards their actual championship goal of scoring 100+ points against Italy.

Could be true ya know.

True there could well be carnage if the backs really click, either that or we'd really see that this English defence is the real deal.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Mar 7 2009, 02:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Well maybe France didnt actually play that well. Maybe they are just building up to form, and their fairly ominous demolition of the Welsh pack was simply another step towards their actual championship goal of scoring 100+ points against Italy.

Could be true ya know.[/b]
Ah, there's the sarcasm.

But now that you mention 100+ against Italy ... France always gaze in envy at the ABs. No shame in reaching for the stars.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Mar 6 2009, 02:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

*meanwhile at a secret training camp high in the French Alps, the French team are powerlifting five ton loads of camembert*

<Livremont> What do we want?!
<Whole French squad> TO BEAT ITALY!
<Livremont> By how much?!
<Whole French squad> A HUNDRED POINTS!
<Livremont> And what else matters?
<Whole French squad> NOTHING!
<Livremont> Not even England? A Grand slam? Or even a World Cup?!
<Whole French squad> SIR! NO! SIR!
<Livremont> What?
<Livremont> I CAN'T HEAR YOU! LADIES!

*Livremont smirks*
<Livremont> At last, you have become MEN! Now to find another outside center who is NOT from Toulouse and rarely kicks to make my number ten!

*In the background Pierre Camou facepalms*

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Mar 7 2009, 09:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Mar 6 2009, 02:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

*meanwhile at a secret training camp high in the French Alps, the French team are powerlifting five ton loads of camembert*

<Livremont> What?

*Livremont smirks*
<Livremont> At last, you have become MEN! Now to find another outside center who is NOT from Toulouse and rarely kicks to make my number ten!

*In the background Pierre Camou facepalms*

[/b][/quote]
Friday night. Prezzie loses it again. Crackers, stale crackers. And he should have checked the sell-by dates on the Tesco cheese aisle.

God, your mic work is awful.

If you were a heel in the WWE, you'd be Matt Hardy...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Mar 6 2009, 09:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

<Livremont> What?

*Livremont smirks*

*In the background Pierre Camou facepalms*[/b]

Okay maybe when you put it like that it DOES sound a little stupid ............ only a little mind you.

Latest posts