• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England v France

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Count of Devonshire @ Mar 6 2009, 02:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Great captain though he was, Johnson had a plethora of leaders in his pack, especially in the back row. The number of players from that pack who'd walk into the captaincy right now is frankly depressing.[/b]

There's only about 4-5 players in the final XV who wouldn't walk into the captaincy (if they were showing 2003 form that is..... I'm talking to you Mr Vickery)

Vickerys performances this season have been very good. He was excellent against Ireland in his last outing and is top of the list for Lions tight-head.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (danny @ Mar 7 2009, 09:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Vickerys performances this season have been very good. He was excellent against Ireland in his last outing and is top of the list for Lions tight-head.[/b]
bwahaha.jpg

Lizard%20BWAHAHA.jpg
bwahaha.jpg

bwahaha.jpg
bwahaha-full;init:.jpg

Laugh as much as you want but he has had a great 6N so far. Any more silly little pictures to backup your next point? I thought it was speedy when i saw your last pathetic post.

Yeh well Mite has a point; i.e. 'BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA'.
Adam Jones and Euan Murray would make mincemeat of him; oh and don't forget that Murray f***ed up every SH side in the Autumn.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Mar 7 2009, 01:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Yeh well Mite has a point; i.e. 'BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA'.
Adam Jones and Euan Murray would make mincemeat of him; oh and don't forget that Murray f***ed up every SH side in the Autumn.[/b]

Apart from the fact that they'd be on the other side of the scrum...

Although I agree I think Murray and atm Jones are the top guys at tighthead. Vickery's responsible for more English penalties than most.

And Jenkins is head & shoulders up for loosehead, though Sheridan will tour as 2nd choice.

I'd expect Vickery to tour as 5th choice prop, and he'd probably deserve to.

Look he is top of the list for tight head on current form. Im not saying he will be ahead of Murray by tour time but at the moment he is. Also please dont compare Jones to Vickery you are just embarrassing yourselves. Speedy you have just proved your knowledge of front row play with your comment on Murray and Jones making mincemeat of a fellow tight-head. It doesnt work like that???????????????

Lads everyone knows twill be Horan and Hayes as the first choice props. ^_^

Which would make sense as one of the props will have to pack down on the left side of the field...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (noidsay @ Mar 7 2009, 07:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Lads everyone knows twill be Horan and Hayes as the first choice props. ^_^[/b]
I see my sado-genitalia-mutilation-based threats regarding the mentioning of John Hayes in a touring capacity have been foolishly removed and wontonly ignored!!!

Euan Murray needs big games against Ireland and England to book his place on the Lions. Until then he will always still be a maybe for the flight...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Mar 8 2009, 01:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Euan Murray needs big games against Ireland and England to book his place on the Lions. Until then he will always still be a maybe for the flight...[/b]

I would have thought he's a maybe for the tests at this stage, not the flight. Had an excellent game against Italy which will probably have secured his touring place, the ineptitude of Vickery was there for all to see in Dublin bar danny of course, but he conceded 4 penalties, but there was so many problems with his binding that had Joubert or the touch judges been on their game, his penalty count could have probably been higher than Ireland's combined total. The fact that Horan had him in trouble at times and wasn't tested himself says it all about Vickery's Lions' credentials. He'll be lucky to tour and will only get midweek games unless Geech and co have money on SA for the series.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Mar 8 2009, 08:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
The fact that Horan had him in trouble at times and wasn't tested himself says it all about Vickery's Lions' credentials. He'll be lucky to tour and will only get midweek games unless Geech and co have money on SA for the series.[/b]
:lol: Yes, I was spinning it that Horan was now the all round prop. But Vickers wears knickers, I'm afraid.

I agree, Horan has been the second best Loosehead of the tournament so far. Had Castrogiovanni in his pocket and had Vickery in trouble whenever he decided to actually bind and not just dive onto the floor.

*hides*

why hide, it's true, he was also well on top against Lecouls in the France game

Wouldn't go that far now. Glad he's stopped dicking around on the wing lately though.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Mar 8 2009, 08:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Mar 8 2009, 01:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Euan Murray needs big games against Ireland and England to book his place on the Lions. Until then he will always still be a maybe for the flight...[/b]

I would have thought he's a maybe for the tests at this stage, not the flight. Had an excellent game against Italy which will probably have secured his touring place, the ineptitude of Vickery was there for all to see in Dublin bar danny of course, but he conceded 4 penalties, but there was so many problems with his binding that had Joubert or the touch judges been on their game, his penalty count could have probably been higher than Ireland's combined total. The fact that Horan had him in trouble at times and wasn't tested himself says it all about Vickery's Lions' credentials. He'll be lucky to tour and will only get midweek games unless Geech and co have money on SA for the series.
[/b][/quote]

Just being cautious. The guy has been injured for a while and has missed two of the big Six Nations games where you'd expect him to be laying down a marker for selection. Instead, Ireland and Wales' props have stolen a march on Murray and thus, he needs two big games to get the attention of the Lions staff...I mean, you're not seriously expecting a load of Wasps staff to go watch him play for Saints, are you? :huh:

The Wasps staff wouln't know the first thing about scrummaging; 50% of their games this season have ended in uncontested scrums!

That's the Shaun Edwards effect.

Latest posts