• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England v France

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gingergenius @ Mar 5 2009, 01:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Frntline @ Mar 5 2009, 12:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
id still like to see Goode back in the starting 15. dont really understand why he was put on the bench[/b]

There is a constant quote going round in my head when I think of one of my French buddies: 'I 'ate jonny wilkinson'. This reminds me that he is a thorn in the French side (as opposed to Francophile Hodgson) and hence we should pick him. I don't even care if he's fit, just pick him against France and we'll win easy.
[/b][/quote]

The French made this mistake last year with Yachvili as far as I remember.

I thought that Wilkinson was not yet fit. Do you think he could be back in time for le Crunch? How much would have he played with his club?

By the way if he likes defeating French sides he should accept the offer Racing are supposed to have made to him. Next season in Top14 he could spend the whole season defeating French teams .

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DonBilly @ Mar 5 2009, 05:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gingergenius @ Mar 5 2009, 01:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Frntline @ Mar 5 2009, 12:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
id still like to see Goode back in the starting 15. dont really understand why he was put on the bench[/b]

There is a constant quote going round in my head when I think of one of my French buddies: 'I 'ate jonny wilkinson'. This reminds me that he is a thorn in the French side (as opposed to Francophile Hodgson) and hence we should pick him. I don't even care if he's fit, just pick him against France and we'll win easy.
[/b][/quote]

The French made this mistake last year with Yachvili as far as I remember.

I thought that Wilkinson was not yet fit. Do you think he could be back in time for le Crunch? How much would have he played with his club?

By the way if he likes defeating French sides he should accept the offer Racing are supposed to have made to him. Next season in Top14 he could spend the whole season defeating French teams .
[/b][/quote]

I think he would be moderately happy at the prospect of getting smashed all day long by the new Betsen, aka Dusautoir...

The anti french jokes have stopped?
I'm back then.

Pick Wilko and you'll beat us easy. I mean, Goode is good, but man, Wilko is wiko !

I guess I'm out forever now

I say pick whoever you want you'll have the ref and the crowd and the french will choke.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Mar 5 2009, 10:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I dunno about the ref, I struggle to see an Aussie being pro-England.[/b]

It's more about being anti-french actually.

I remember godd old Bernie going to Dickheadson's hotel in NZ back in 2007 with a DVD in hand telling the guy how much he f***ed up, and then telling the IRB that France wouldn't even turn up if he was the referee for the next game...

As for the game, I can not call. On paper, we should blast them. They're slow, predictable, infringe a lot...Rugby-wise we are better.But thgen if they have one game to win in the season it's this one. If Lievremont can maintain the team under presure, put a siege mentality in them going to Twickenham then anything is possible.

Too many impredictable factors, too close to call.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (elgringoborracho @ Mar 5 2009, 09:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
The anti french jokes have stopped?
I'm back then.

Pick Wilko and you'll beat us easy. I mean, Goode is good, but man, Wilko is wiko !

I guess I'm out forever now[/b]

I haven't seen many Brive games this year, how good is Goode apart from being a good boot?

I say Goode is good, but Wilko is God. One O makes the whole difference

wilkinson hasn't been anywhere near top form for 6 years now, he's a shadow of the player he was, he's not a factor for England, if he's picked it's cause the coaching staff are desperate and stupid even though he won't be given yet again another long injury spell.

I think that England will win this match, in spite of the good form of France team.
This will happen if England takes control of his discipline.
However, I hope that Martin Johnson doesn't put Goode at fly half... I don't really like him, I prefer Flood despite his Ireland bad performance.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (spampy @ Mar 5 2009, 12:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I think that England will win this match, in spite of the good form of France team.
This will happen if England takes control of his discipline.
However, I hope that Martin Johnson doesn't put Goode at fly half... I don't really like him, I prefer Flood despite his Ireland bad performance.[/b]

well they harped on about it after the Italy match and nothing came of that, same again in Cardiff, nothing came of it, same again in Dublin, anyone seeing a pattern here?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Tehsniper @ Mar 5 2009, 10:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I haven't seen many Brive games this year, how good is Goode apart from being a good boot?[/b]
Probably the best Top 14 fly-half behind Brock James. Considering that Hernandez/Trinh-Duc/Michalak are crap since a few months now, Carter is at the hopsital and Beauxis is playing at fullback most of the time...

From what I saw he's for sure way better than Flood. I don't know about the form of Celebriani, Gerarghty or Lamb at the moment... maybe you should call Mike Catt or the magnificent Andy Farrell ?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Tehsniper @ Mar 5 2009, 10:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Mar 5 2009, 10:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

True, but I struggle to see a ref being pro-France at the moment
[/b][/quote]

Let's not be paranoid. Judging from the number of yellow cards they have received recently we can't say the English will have any favors from the ref.The crowd will be a factor for sure. Our internationnaly renowned ability to choke after we have done a great performance will be another one.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (elgringoborracho @ Mar 5 2009, 01:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Tehsniper @ Mar 5 2009, 10:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Mar 5 2009, 10:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

True, but I struggle to see a ref being pro-France at the moment
[/b][/quote]

Let's not be paranoid. Judging from the number of yellow cards they have received recently we can't say the English will have any favors from the ref.The crowd will be a factor for sure. Our internationnaly renowned ability to choke after we have done a great performance will be another one.
[/b][/quote]

Yep. If Lievremont wants to put an end to this not-so-amusing custom that would be the perfect time to do it.

Beat the English (even a 1 point victory will do :D ), and then smash the Italians in Roma to win the championship. Sounds nice to me :D

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Mar 5 2009, 09:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

We haven't got another f***ing SH ref have we?

can we not just have Owens or Rolland or someone? Our yellow cards are nothing to do with which ref we have I know but I think the NH refs definitely know how to interpret a NH game better... and we always seem to end up with the SANZAR refs.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Stillknox @ Mar 5 2009, 12:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
From what I saw he's for sure way better than Flood. I don't know about the form of Celebriani, Gerarghty or Lamb at the moment... maybe you should call Mike Catt or the magnificent Andy Farrell ?[/b]

:lol:

Latest posts