• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England v Wales

AWJ is shite.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Olyy @ Feb 3 2010, 04:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dullonien @ Feb 3 2010, 03:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd put Haskell and Powell as equal, both f**kwits, but both strong ball carriers and in form.[/b]
Haskells matured alot since leaving Wasps, [/b][/quote]

If Haskell can go without getting binned or giving away stupid and vital points in each game (like he did in every match he played during last years 6 Nations) he can be useful.

He's still a ****** thouugh.

Happy with the team besides Cooper. Although Ken Owens should be starting if Rees is injured, both for the Scarlets and Wales. He's better than all the rest. (Possibly except Hibbard.) Still, Williams isn't bad, and I suppose his high work-rate could easily make up for Rees' superior set-piece work.#

As far as I'm concered...

1. Tim Payne vs. Gethin Jenkins
2. Dylan Hartley vs. Gareth Williams
3. David Wilson vs. Adam Jones
4. Simon Shaw vs. Alun-Wyn Jones
5. Steve Borthwick vs. Luke Charteris
6. James Haskell vs. Andy Powell
7. Lewis Moody vs. Martyn Williams
8. Nick Easter vs. Ryan Jones
9. Danny Care vs. Gareth Cooper
10. Johnny Wilkinson vs. Stephen Jones
11. Ugo Monye vs. Shane Williams
12. Riki Flutey vs. Jamie Roberts
13. Matthew Tait vs. James Hook
14. Mark Cueto vs. Tom James
15. Delon Armitage vs. Lee Byrne

4-8, although I left 6 and 7 blank (Haskell and Powell are both idiots, and about equal idiots. Moody is in better form than Martyn, but then class is perminant...) and 13, though if it was a 12 debate, Hook would win, but I'm undecided about him at 13, as Tait is obviously the better outside centre, although I feel Hook is the better player.

Poor old James Hook;

They tried him at 10, but didn't like it.
They tried him at 12, he didn't like it.
They tried it at 15, nobody likes it.
They trying him at 13, he won't be any good at it.

He's been passed around more in that Welsh team then a Cardiff girl in a brothel. And shoehorned into position about as much.

Could the height in the welsh front row have any impact on their scrummaging ability do you think?

Jenkins - 6ft 2
Williams - 5ft 8
Jones - 6ft 1

Didn't help the Lions in the summer.

Gareth Williams is only 5' 6". Haven't seen any problem with him playing for the Blues. Whatever happens, I can't see Wales having a huge advantage scrum time, but Wales certainly won't be pushed backwards!

Edit. No reason Hook won't be any good at 13 Mite.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dullonien @ Feb 3 2010, 06:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Edit. No reason Hook won't be any good at 13 Mite.[/b]

He's got the pace of my dad and the strength is a schoolgirl*. Not the best start for a 13.

* [note: No ****, that's exaggeration naysayers]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dullonien @ Feb 3 2010, 06:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Whatever happens, I can't see Wales having a huge advantage scrum time[/b]
:huh:

Ladies and Gentlemen of the court, i'd like to draw your attention to exhibit A:
z-Wasps6736Squad1.jpg

Not to say he's a lump of lard, but that photo would make someone of my own ample frame look anorexic!

Wales have no grunt in the second row, AWJ is a good player but compared to Shaw is a pussy, and Charteris is a beanpole. Despite having a superior frontrow I don't think Wales scrum will be dominant because of this.

exactly it was easy to point the finger at Vickery in the first test but he did have Wyn Jones for support behind him.

It was a recipe for disaster with the Mears-Vickery-AWJ Triad on the tight flank.

Payne has Shaw behind him at Wasps though, and still crumbles like a very crumbly thing
Same as in the AIs

Charteris is only in because England's lineout is strong, and he's amongst the best line-out catchers in Britian. (Almost purely down to him being so tall.) Shame he doesn't do much more, although he does make a fair few tackles. (Anybody remember the Dragons game where he got over the tryline, but someone slid under him and he didn't score because it took him so long to bend over and put the ball on the floor? I belive it was against Glouscter or something.)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ali12 @ Feb 4 2010, 06:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Could the height in the welsh front row have any impact on their scrummaging ability do you think?

Jenkins - 6ft 2
Williams - 5ft 8
Jones - 6ft 1

Didn't help the Lions in the summer.[/b]
You missed first half of the second test? Beast got beasted. Then the Saffers arranged a "change" in the Lions front row.

Mathew Rees was playing Hooker, who was considerably taller than Gareth "Midget" Williams.

Me (drunkenly) think:

1. Tim Payne vs. 3. Adam Jones - Jones, easily (10 year old girl v payne: 10 year old girl)
2. Dylan Hartley vs. Gareth Williams - Hartley has all the ingredients to be the worlds best (plus is no longer a penalty worry despite the naysayers)
3. David Wilson vs. 1. Gethin Jenkins - Jenkins has dismantled all who take him on for a few years now
4. Simon Shaw vs. Alun-Wyn Jones - Shaw. AWJ is garbage
5. Steve Borthwick vs. Luke Charteris- Charteris: Borthwick is a reasonable lineout and nothing else.
6. James Haskell vs. Andy Powell - Idiot vs Idiot. Stalemate.
7. Lewis Moody vs. Martyn Williams - Williams has the class, Moody has form.
8. Nick Easter vs. Ryan Jones - Easter is overalln the better player, but never forget how good Jones can be.
9. Danny Care vs. Gareth Cooper - Care. No contest if he's allowed to play his game.
10. Johnny Wilkinson vs. Stephen Jones - Jones is the best 10 in the tournament. Wilkinson is a media plaything and a 7 year old drop goal.
11. Ugo Monye vs. Shane Williams - Williams is past it, Monye is the next big thing if he learns which arm to carry the ball with.
12. Riki Flutey vs. Jamie Roberts- Flutey is a class act (if not English), Roberts can be excellent (although without BOD alongside him, it remains to be seen how much so).
13. Matthew Tait vs. James Hook - I don't believe Hook has being a 13 in his arsenal. Tait for me (let's hope he can take contact now without spilling the ball).
14. Mark Cueto vs. Tom James- Captain average vs the most over-rated player in Wales. Be thankful it's not Aled Brew.
15. Delon Armitage vs. Lee Byrne - Byrne has the class, Armitage is great but badly out of form.

Hartley would want to be showing his class this year, he's been good from what i've seen but, only to Flannery/Ford/Swareski level, which is a damn good level. He's young though.

And SA know how to breed front rowers LOL.

take it. please.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (noidsay @ Feb 4 2010, 01:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Hartley would want to be showing his class this year, he's been good from what i've seen but, only to Flannery/Ford/Swareski level, which is a damn good level. He's young though.

And SA know how to breed front rowers LOL.

take it. please.[/b]

Full name Dylan Hartley
Date of birth 24 March 1986 (1986-03-24) (age 23)
Place of birth Rotorua, New Zealand <<--------

If you're going to fish, at least use the right bait :p

Unless you did that on purpose :eek:

Latest posts