• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England vs. Argentina

Tom Fordyce at the BBC pours on the pain:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
All around, there were basic mistakes. Monye dropped three punts in a row, Wilkinson put a drop-out straight into touch and then failed to find the line with a penalty from hand. When England found space and an overlap out on the right, Dan Hipkiss's pass flew into thin air with Monye dawdling 10 metres off the pace. Cueto even dropped a water-bottle lobbed to him by Jon Callard.[/b]

Monye should be sent back to Quins and told "Learn how to catch, learn how to support, learn how to pass, learn how not to lose the ball in contact, and most of all learn how not to lose your rag when making a schoolboy error and nearly gift the opposition an embarrassing try". Nigel Owens must have taken pity on him rather than just playing advantage, because he should have done.

Cueto is too slow for a winger. A Haughton, a Varndell or a Cato (whatever happened to him?) would have finished the 10th-minute chance off with no problem.

You say that like Varndell has the first idea how to catch, pass, kick or tackle, He's a classic example of an athlete sprinter who wasn't quick enough.

That said, he's such an arrogant little shithead that he'd no doubt become Rob Andrews new favourite and never be dropped...

I felt like crying while i watched this game. I had it on sky plus and the amount of times i fast forwarded and just saw the ball bouncing back and forth around the field was crazy.
Nothing to be taken away from England's try tho, that was a cracker, to be fair.

Latest posts