• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England Vs Ireland

I didn't realise he'd called up Noon and Hodgson. For f***K'S SAKE. Where's Erinle? Worsley? Lewsey? Sackey? Any more blasts from the past?

Hopefully they won't play, but still... this just about takes the cake.

Good news - Wilkinson may not play. Bad news - Johnno will once again pussy out of progress and pick Hodgson at 10. Poor old Courtney Lawes hasn't got a hope in hell, has he?

I don't think even Johnson would start Hodgson over flood. He's shown time and time again he can't cut at the top level. Also, Flood plays for Leicester so that bumps him up in Johnsons book.
I'd like to see Flood start with Geraghty on the bench, but Geraghty plays for Northampton, so won't get a look in, like Foden, Ashton and Lawes =/

Was talking to a fella today and Ireland seem to be more towards Earls at 15 and Shaggy a possibility on wing and Geordan Murphy on bench.

Also D.O'Callaghan is 100% fit for Saturday.
And I really don't think Reddan is going to get near the 9 jersey.

Also I jearing that Horan may be set for game time possibly from the start.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (munstermuffin @ Feb 22 2010, 09:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Was talking to a fella today and Ireland seem to be more towards Earls at 15 and Shaggy a possibility on wing and Geordan Murphy on bench.

Also I jearing that Horan may be set for game time possibly from the start.[/b]
Because O'Leary is in such superb and Redden isn't our second choice who has proven himself capable at this level in the past?

So your mate thinks Earls Horan and O'Leary are all in for Saturday? I'm guessing he's a Munster supporter then.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Feb 22 2010, 09:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (munstermuffin @ Feb 22 2010, 09:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Because O'Leary is in such superb and Redden isn't our second choice who has proven himself capable at this level in the past?

So your mate thinks Earls Horan and O'Leary are all in for Saturday? I'm guessing he's a Munster supporter then.
[/b][/quote]
Never said that about Reddan just meant it as well I can't see Kidney making the call.
And he was delivering in Greystones and that was way they were lining and Horan, I never said was starting just it possible he'll see game time
(And Mate actually Connacht Fan ;) )

Wellbasically if I know 1 thing Kidney did with Munster it wasn't make major changes and radical changes.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (munstermuffin @ Feb 22 2010, 09:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Feb 22 2010, 09:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (munstermuffin @ Feb 22 2010, 09:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]
Never said that about Reddan just meant it as well I can't see Kidney making the call.
And he was delivering in Greystones and that was way they were lining and Horan, I never said was starting just it possible he'll see game time

Wellbasically if I know 1 thing Kidney did with Munster it wasn't make major changes and radical changes.
[/b][/quote]

personally I think Isacc Boss is performaing better than the others, he plays quick ball, isn't afraid to make a run and can tackle. just like stringer and hes small :D

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (munstermuffin @ Feb 22 2010, 09:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Feb 22 2010, 09:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

Your statement is nulified by the claim this person was a Connacht fan. Connacht do not have fans. This man must have merely been a figment of your imaginations. Please, for the good of those around you, seek help. :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (coonor @ Feb 22 2010, 10:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (munstermuffin @ Feb 22 2010, 09:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

personally I think Isacc Boss is performaing better than the others, he plays quick ball, isn't afraid to make a run and can tackle. just like stringer and hes small :D
[/b][/quote]

Yeah I like Boss. When he came on for Ireland A against England A (I refuse to use silly ***les for any 2nds team) he made a big impact. That might've just been in relation to Stringer's performance though which was comparable to poo

Anyone else see O'Garas letter to the Irish Independent complaining about Kevin Myers' article??? (Sorry if this was already mentioned but havent been on in a while) What did you make of it???

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMachine @ Feb 22 2010, 11:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Anyone else see O'Garas letter to the Irish Independent complaining about Kevin Myers' article??? (Sorry if this was already mentioned but havent been on in a while) What did you make of it???[/b]

Yeah I saw it. I made a wrapper for my fish and chips

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMachine @ Feb 22 2010, 11:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Anyone else see O'Garas letter to the Irish Independent complaining about Kevin Myers' article??? (Sorry if this was already mentioned but havent been on in a while) What did you make of it???[/b]
Teh mite (who else? ;) ) made a thread about it,
My opinion: O'Gara shouldn't be so butthurt. A guy said he can't tackle, which is hardly a lie. He's a professional sportsman, he should just take it on the chin, it's not as if Kidneys going to look at the paper and think "Oh. My. God. This guy is right, O'Gara is out!", though he probably should :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Feb 22 2010, 10:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (munstermuffin @ Feb 22 2010, 09:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

Your statement is nulified by the claim this person was a Connacht fan. Connacht do not have fans. This man must have merely been a figment of your imaginations. Please, for the good of those around you, seek help. :p
[/b][/quote]
Connacht on the way up lol
But as for Boss in at 9 he is on form but well probably isn't viewed as a realistic option and will be interesting next year as either him or Reddan will be benching for province and won't be considered seriously for national team,

Yeah, Foden won't see game time...again =/

To be fair though, at least Cole kept his place, so that's a positive at least, as Johnson hasn't reverted back to his "They played with me 10years ago so i'll put them in the team" mentality.
Apart from that, i'd have Flood starting with Wilkinson on the bench (would have expected this anyway actually, if Wilkinsons missed a training session then the backroom staff should be sh!tting themselves, as once he gets one injury, he just gets more and more and is out for ages), with Lawes on the bench (Borthwicks never going to get dropped so that's as good as it'll get for him for a while, unfortunately), Would've also liked payne to go bye-bye, but that's not going to happen until Sheridan is fit. Think Worsely on the bench is ok, as he's a good defender, so if we're losing, stick him on for Haskell, who works best going forward, and have him smash into people for a bit
Foden was never going to steal the 15 shirt off of Armitage. Glad he's back in the 22, but he won't get on the pitch.

If we use better tactics than against Italy, and our Hartleys lineout throwing improves a bit, then it's not a bad team really.
I'm still quietly confident (<--Famous last words :p )

http://www.irishrugby.ie/10735_19806.php

Not officially released (till 1:30) but it looks as if Kidney has reverted back to his Munster lads again.

Cullen dropped for O'Callaghan, O'Leary retained for Reddan (rejoice England rejoice), Murphy in at fullback, and Sexton in for O'Gara.

15 - Geordan Murphy (Leicester)
14 - Tommy Bowe (Ospreys)
13 - Brian O'Driscoll (UCD/Leinster) (capt)
12 - Gordon D'Arcy (Lansdowne/Leinster)
11 - Keith Earls (Young Munster/Munster)
10 - Jonathan Sexton (St. Mary's College/Leinster)
9 - Tomas O'Leary (Dolphin/Munster)
1 - Cian Healy (Clontarf/Leinster)
2 - Rory Best (Banbridge/Ulster)
3 - John Hayes (Bruff/Munster)
4 - Donncha O'Callaghan (Cork Constitution/Munster)
5 - Paul O'Connell (Young Munster/Munster)
6 - Stephen Ferris (Dungannon/Ulster)
7 - David Wallace (Garryowen/Munster)
8 - Jamie Heaslip (Naas/Leinster)

Replacements (from): 16 - Sean Cronin (Buccaneers/Connacht)
17 - Tony Buckley (Shannon/Munster)
18 - Leo Cullen (Blackrock College/Leinster)
19 - Shane Jennings (St. Mary's College/Leinster)
20 - Eoin Reddan (Lansdowne/Leinster)
21 - Ronan O'Gara (Cork Constitution/Munster)
22 - Andrew Trimble (Ballymena/Ulster)

Oh Johnno. Worsley back... Mullan out... no Lawes...

By 2011, England will have wasted 8 years in their efforts to rebuild the 2003 team. What marks the Tri-Nations out as special is that even they don't have a world class generation (Aus 2001, NZ 2005-7, SA 2009) they still manage to turn out outstanding teams.

Through utterly awful conservatism, indecisiveness, buckling to media pressure at the wrong times and standing fast to it at the wrong times too, the RFU, Rob Andrew, Andy Robinson, Brian Ashton and Martin Johnson have all wasted 8 years.

There is no dearth of talent, like some say. It took time for the likes of Martyn & Shane Williams, Tommy Bowe, Kearney, etc. to emerge as world class. England have had a large number of players with massive potential who they've wasted. Prodigious young players have beem built up as superstars, selected, not performed as superstars (because they're YOUNG) and subsequently been dropped for experienced but over-the-hill players.

In 2003, the French had a wonderful team, 3rd best in the world after England and NZ. As this team began to break up, they still did well for the next 4 years and gave a decent showing in the 2007 world cup. Then Lievremont comes in and tries out everyone in France. He doesn't care about short-term pressure. Neither does Robbie Deans with Australia.

Result? France and Australia are potentially world class sides. Australia have found a front row that can scrummage, they've found a wonder in Pocock, another in Genia, then Cooper, O'Connor, Beale, Barnes, AAC, Ioane are all hugely talented and exciting young backs. France have found some brilliant front row forwards, Ouedraogo, Parra, Trinh-Duc, Bastareaud... future world class players.

Please, please can we have a revolution to get the detritus out of the RFU, so that maybe we have a competitive team by 2015?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Feb 23 2010, 12:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
http://www.irishrugby.ie/10735_19806.php

Not officially released (till 1:30) but it looks as if Kidney has reverted back to his Munster lads again.

Cullen dropped for O'Callaghan, O'Leary retained for Reddan (rejoice England rejoice), Murphy in at fullback, and Sexton in for O'Gara.

15 - Geordan Murphy (Leicester)
14 - Tommy Bowe (Ospreys)
13 - Brian O'Driscoll (UCD/Leinster) (capt)
12 - Gordon D'Arcy (Lansdowne/Leinster)
11 - Keith Earls (Young Munster/Munster)
10 - Jonathan Sexton (St. Mary's College/Leinster)
9 - Tomas O'Leary (Dolphin/Munster)
1 - Cian Healy (Clontarf/Leinster)
2 - Rory Best (Banbridge/Ulster)
3 - John Hayes (Bruff/Munster)
4 - Donncha O'Callaghan (Cork Constitution/Munster)
5 - Paul O'Connell (Young Munster/Munster)
6 - Stephen Ferris (Dungannon/Ulster)
7 - David Wallace (Garryowen/Munster)
8 - Jamie Heaslip (Naas/Leinster)

Replacements (from): 16 - Sean Cronin (Buccaneers/Connacht)
17 - Tony Buckley (Shannon/Munster)
18 - Leo Cullen (Blackrock College/Leinster)
19 - Shane Jennings (St. Mary's College/Leinster)
20 - Eoin Reddan (Lansdowne/Leinster)
21 - Ronan O'Gara (Cork Constitution/Munster)
22 - Andrew Trimble (Ballymena/Ulster)[/b]
Ok Cullen is unlucky,
Sexton deserves his shot,
Earls deserves to stay too,
But I know Horan is struggling with Flu but Buckley in ahead oh Horan and Court on bench ???????? :eek:
Reddan in my eyes didn't do enough to start as Stringer was the stand out 9 from ML last weekend

That England team has me quaking in my boots..........

Happy with the Ireland team. I'd have Cullen in ahead of O'Callaghan but it's a tight call. Don't understand why Buckley is on the bench - can only assume Court is still injured since he missed last weekends Ulster game.

Latest posts