• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England vs South Africa 20 / 11 / 2021

Agreed. He's been eating raw chillis to test his taste so his daftness, at least, is fully functional.

Rodd gave a decent account of himself last week, but I wouldn't really want to see him or Davison up against the Boks yet. I don't really want to see Mako against them either but it would make sense to call him up if Marler's not going to make it.

Who's the ref?

Google says Andrew Brace. I'll feel more positive if Marler is fit and starts a long with Jamie George, Sinkler still has qustion marks over his scrummaging we just need to not get mullered and get close to parity.

I'd really like to not see Manu on the wing but anything is possible with Jones. If Farell is fit I think he may start at 10 but I suppose it depends how serious Eddie is over allowing the new blood time to bed in.

Who's the ref?

Google says Andrew Brace. I'll feel more positive if Marler is fit and starts a long with Jamie George, Sinkler still has qustion marks over his scrummaging we just need to not get mullered and get close to parity.

I'd really like to not see Manu on the wing but anything is possible with Jones. If Farell is fit I think he may start at 10 but I suppose it depends how serious Eddie is over allowing the new blood time to bed in.
Brace is just a very average ref. He will make some bad calls.

Wonder if Eddie will go smaller to work the edges or try to muscle-up with the Boks?

Farrell and George confirmed out,

Even if he passes all the tests Marler can't rejoin the squad until Friday, so I imagine he'll be bench at most (though I don't expect him to be available)

Harry Elrington for inside centre
Honestly have no idea who that is (to the extent I didn't realise you were joking and thought he was a 12)
Singleton has been poor whenever I've seen him - darts are some of the worst in the league

Do we have a big Gloucester fan in the coaching set up or something?

Even if he passes all the tests Marler can't rejoin the squad until Friday, so I imagine he'll be bench at most (though I don't expect him to be available)
Better be after Smith told he can't start because he didn't train and know the plays. (Yes I know Marler is more experienced, but it was a shitty reason from Jones)

Better be after Smith told he can't start because he didn't train and know the plays. (Yes I know Marler is more experienced, but it was a shitty reason from Jones)
not that many plays for Marler to learn to be honest, and they are unlikely to have changed since the Tonga game

Uhhh not gonna lie I think a 10 not having trained and not knowing the plays is a pretty good reason for them not to start.

Uhhh not gonna lie I think a 10 not having trained and not knowing the plays is a pretty good reason for them not to start.
Kinda, but against Tonga he should've been trusted IMO - especially as he'd had a summer with England so was vaguely used to the coaches/environment

If Marler's fitness hasn't been completely tanked by COVID I'd start him even if he only wheeled up on gameday - he's easily our best scrummaging option

I don't see Dolly playing v SA.
SA going to have a field day with this pack....
I could see Singleton start and Dolly bench, tbh

I think they'll have concerns over Blamire's darts
Singletons aren't much better but he's a bit better in the tight and a bit stronger

Hearing that Eddie was impressed by Elrington performance against the mighty 4th choice TH prop Verden in the prem cup

Honestly Tommy Taylor would've been a better shout than Singleton IMO.

Like genuinely Gloucester have really been nothing that special at the set piece now potentially 2 thirds of the front row bench will be theirs....
Granted Marler should be fine so not too bad.

Kinda, but against Tonga he should've been trusted IMO - especially as he'd had a summer with England so was vaguely used to the coaches/environment

If Marler's fitness hasn't been completely tanked by COVID I'd start him even if he only wheeled up on gameday - he's easily our best scrummaging option

TBF haven't we had a new Attack, Lineout and Defence coach in since then.

Marler, Dolly, Sinckler start

Rodd, Taylor, Schonert coming off the bench

boner alert GIF

Move the boks about...make them run their lardy A$$es

Don't let them continuously stop play to get a breather....

1 Rodd
2 Blamire
3 Sinkler
4 Itoje
5 Hill
6 Lawes
7 Curry
8 Dombrandt

9 Youngs
10 Smith
11 May
12 & 13 Slade and Manu switching