• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Euro 2008 draw

So why the frig did I use 3 texts and 10 mins of work to text you it then?!

Another easy qualifying draw for England, no surprise there then.

Not too bad for us in all honesty, Czech Rep will walk the group but second place is definitely on for us, Germany are still no world beaters, Slovakia have some decent players but shouldn't cause us too many problems and as for the rest well if we can't beat them home and away we shouldn't be trying to qualify for any championship. Happy enough though.

That's a whore of a group for the Scots though

I wouldn't call Croatia, Israel and Russia that easy. Yes, England should beat them all, but we should have beaten Northern Ireland away from home
<

There are some tricky teams in there, ones who could quite easily take points off us on their day.

bloody nora - this will be hard - as long as we dont finnish last ill be reasonably happy.

Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby@Jan 27 2006, 04:45 PM
I wouldn't call Croatia, Israel and Russia that easy. Yes, England should beat them all, but we should have beaten Northern Ireland away from home
<

There are some tricky teams in there, ones who could quite easily take points off us on their day.
Come off it Webby that could have been a hell of a lot worse plus England have an annoyingly good record when it comes to qualifiers, apart from USA94 that is
<

Originally posted by loratadine@Jan 27 2006, 05:05 PM
bloody nora - this will be hard - as long as we dont finnish last ill be reasonably happy.
Well at least we have the San Marino as the whipping boys no chance of that I'm afraid, optimism gone when I heard Staunton's reaction - at least we know where these teams are. Well done Steve good start.

Originally posted by An Tarbh+Jan 27 2006, 09:39 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Jan 27 2006, 09:39 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-SaintsFan_Webby
@Jan 27 2006, 04:45 PM
<

Come off it Webby that could have been a hell of a lot worse plus England have an annoyingly good record when it comes to qualifiers, apart from USA94 that is
<
[/b]
"Do i not like orange"
V
grahamtaylor.jpg

So does this mean that we could have the Eire v Wales match in Croker next spring?

... then we can show the Welsh what a real stadium is
<

Originally posted by loratadine@Jan 28 2006, 12:09 PM
yes because the millenium stadium is such a shed.
only when the roof is closed

... its more of a bucket when the roof is open
<

<
a little bit of humour thrown in there just incase you decide to throw a wobbler!

Nederland got a good draw.
<

But I wouldn't be surprised if a couple of upsets occured in the pool.

Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby@Jan 28 2006, 04:45 AM
<

I'm pretty happy with the draw. The Commies aren't much use anymore, only Croatia in Croatia should cause problems.

Originally posted by loratadine@Jan 28 2006, 11:24 AM
england drew with macedonia
and Wales only drew with NI, big deal, previous campaigns are irrelevant, circumstances change far greatly with international teams than any domestic sides.

Looking forward to our trip to the Millennium Stadium, should be an awesome atmosphere with the Green Army on the march.

Latest posts