• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

European challenge cup final

Exeter are a far better team than Montpellier .....

No, no! For me there is little, if any difference, between the two teams.
As Saulan points out, they are both second in their respective leagues and for me, they both have a good chance of being champions.
Exeter convincingly beat Clermont (currently top of the French Top14) in the European pool games,(ok, they were stuffed in the return game!).
However, this is hypothetical as they don't play each other this evening.

As an aside, I wonder how many Quins supporters will be in Lyon.
Whatever, it's a great city for a final and good times will be had by all.

Jeez after that Sky build up Jamie Roberts is the best player in the world and Quins are unbeatable......bet MHR are shaking in their boots!!

Edit: haha same bind on the arm from the Welsh three!!

Result - One penalty to Quins and one to MHR!!

Last edited:
Can some one tell me where it is written down that a ref can tell a. Scrum to use it? I have never heard it and apparently neither had Quinnell or, less authoritive, Jones!!

We have had head tackles, forward passes, crooked put ins, offsides from knock ons and offsides at kick offs all missed and we are only 16 minutes in!!

How does Lacey get these matches even though a few of these decisions came from the touch judges!

Ash! It is Peter effjng Fitzgibbon as touch judge and he is even more clueless than Lacey!!!

Last edited:
Can some one tell me where it is written down that a ref can tell a. Scrum to use it? I have never heard it and apparently neither had Quinnell or, less authoritive, Jones!!

We have had head tackles, forward passes, crooked put ins, offsides from knock ons and offsides at kick offs all missed and we are only 16 minutes in!!

How does Lacey get these matches even though a few of these decisions came from the touch judges!

Ash! It is Peter effjng Fitzgibbon as touch judge and he is even more clueless than Lacey!!!
[FONT=fs_blakeregular]When a team has the ball at the number 8's feet, and is trying to move forward but is not succeeding in doing so, the referee will call "use-it" once the ball has been at the number 8's feet for a reasonable amount of time (3-5 seconds). The team must then use the ball immediately.[/FONT]

[FONT=fs_blakeregular]When a team has the ball at the number 8’s feet, and is trying to move forward but is not succeeding in doing so, the referee will call “use-it†once the ball has been at the number 8’s feet for a reasonable amount of time (3-5 seconds). The team must then use the ball immediately.[/FONT]

That is not a law of the game to my knowledge?

Certainly Scott Quinnell was irridescent with rage at half time as to why it was turnover ball!

That is not a law of the game to my knowledge?

Certainly Scott Quinnell was irridescent with rage at half time as to why it was turnover ball!
It is. I just copy and pasted the law directly from the IRB website :p
EDIT: For the record Lacey is an abyssmal ref who can't control a game as I'm seeing from watching this for only five minutes now.

The Montpelier scrum half has a great box clearance ! Can Danny Care take note ?

How the Montpellier loose head is allowed to scrummage like that all game is beyond a joke.

Really dodgy pedantic ruck penalty there. Come on like let a game flow and at least give the attacking team a chance to clear out. Also remember when people thought Roberts was more than a one dimensional ram with the rugby intelligence of a lemming?

Really dodgy pedantic ruck penalty there. Come on like let a game flow and at least give the attacking team a chance to clear out. Also remember when people thought Roberts was more than a one dimensional ram with the rugby intelligence of a lemming?

Agree completely about Lacey . It's almost like he wants the game to be about him !

It is. I just copy and pasted the law directly from the IRB website :p
EDIT: For the record Lacey is an abyssmal ref who can't control a game as I'm seeing from watching this for only five minutes now.

Then I apologise but at what point was the scrum static which I guess must be the reason for Quinnell's rage!!

Well done Gaston on following Biarritz's success in this competition!
Told you it would not be a problem.....

I hope you do the same in the Bouclier!!!

Incidentally, the minute's silence at the start was, in fact, about 40 seconds.....

"Chris Robshaw on the break does he have the pace?" Ahhhh why ask Mark. To be fair I think Care has looked snappy. Most of Quins' line breaks have come from his speed of delivery and Montpellier being slow to set defensively

- - - Updated - - -

Then I apologise but at what point was the scrum static which I guess must be the reason for Quinnell's rage!!

Well done Gaston on following Biarritz's success in this competition!
Told you it would not be a problem.....

I hope you do the same in the Bouclier!!!

Incidentally, the minute's silence at the start was, in fact, about 40 seconds.....
Ah yeah, I didn't see it, you're probably right, just throwing the rule out there.

Taking 3 points when you're on the 5m line........ You can get three points from anywhere in the opposition half, try oppurtunities like that are far more scarce.

- - - Updated - - -

Well Quins definitely won the scrap

Marler as peace maker!

And that is why Botica is on his way but to where....oh yes, Montpellier!!!

Latest posts