• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

f*** you ESPN...

B

Bullitt

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
The deal includes exclusive live coverage of the Guinness Premiership Final and one of the two semi-final matches. The agreement also provides highlight rights for use on ESPN digital media such as ESPNScrum.com.[/b]

First of all we're forced to have a bloody play-off and grand final, now we have to pay a further £200 per year on top to watch it... <_<

http://www.scrum.com/premiership/rugby/story/107253.html

Then I have to pay even more per month for Shy Sports, My Broadband and my Phone line.

Basically, I'm f*cked no matter which way I play it... :(

But you then can't get any of the interactive stuff on sky sports! Missed two HC games this weekend, as they were on the red button. Think that's sky's fault though, not allowing Virgin access.

Edit: yup, costs £26 a month for Sky Sports on Virgin Media, ouch! Although you can do it on a month by month basis, so I'm only getting it for the months the HC is on.

Hardly ESPN's fault if the governing body wants to milk the fans for everything they can.

I still cant get over the purple jersey, this is taking the ****.

Oh yeah, the RFU have no rights at all in this.

(Not being sarcy, just kinda forgot how its all structured over there)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Dec 14 2009, 01:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
(Not being sarcy, just kinda forgot how its all structured over there)[/b]

Like this if you're wondering..

imp_stairs2.jpg

Well, you can go to the pub and not drink. Strange I know but it has been done before.

EDIT: I feel dirty now

You ever been in a pub and the Landlord has allowed you to sit there without a drink?

Must be generous landlords then. Or f-ing stupid. No way could you do that in any pub here.

Watching a match in the pub is over-rated anyway unless it's on the big screen at a rugby club.

Busy places is all. I only do it if I have a game in the morning. True though, unless it's a big game watching matches in pubs is highly overrated.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Dec 14 2009, 04:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Busy places is all. I only do it if I have a game in the morning. True though, unless it's a big game watching matches in pubs is highly overrated.[/b]

Unless it's accompanied by a special rugby drinking game. In which case it is highly entertaining.

That sucks that you guys will have to pay more for it, but I'm kind of excited. I already have to pay $230 a year to watch, but maybe since ESPN is a US based company, we will get the odd match on ESPN2 or Classic or something. More than anything, it might get the word out to the ignorant masses.

Sky's coverage is poor anyway, will ithe amount of live games they show be decreasing by much?

Latest posts