• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Fixtures 23/24

Opener against Newcastle (H), then hitting up Sarries (A) and Leicester (H) whilst the RWC is ongoing.
I expect the England players to be back in time for Round 3, but I also expect them to be needing a rest after their exertions on reaching the SF.

TBH, couldn't really ask for a better early season to build on. Even with the RWC going on, I wouldn't expect to beat Sarries away, but if we can grab wins against the other two, and hold our heads up high against Sarries; that should set us up to climb the table compared to last season.

Potential for a pretty evil April & May though

nc_ohc=FN9C2OQbkVYAX_gkZVb&_nc_ht=scontent.fbhx4-2.jpg

Hoping for Tigers team of the early perm period of
1. Cronin, 2. Dolly, 3. Heyes
4. Carter, 5. L.Chessum
6. Liebenberg, 7. Cracknell, 8. Hatherall
9. Powell, 10. Atkinson
12. Kelly, 13. Scott
11. Kata, 14. Bassett, 15. Shillcock

16. Clare, 17. Whitcombe, 18. Hurd
19. Williams, 20. Rogerson
21. Whiteley, 22. Porter, 23. Brown

Shame Wells looks like he is out long term, but that's a really strong solid squad considering who is missing

Didn't realise he wasn't in the Tonga squad - a victim of the nation swapping rules

Think we should be relatively settled early season - we spent so long last season without Ford and are well accustomed to life without Manu. DdP is in preseason atm, not sure how fit he is atm but that's a positive sign for October
Not sure Hill makes the final England squad, and I don't think JLdP makes the final Bok RWC squad but if they do:

McIntyre, Taylor, Schonert
Ellis, Beaumont
Dugdale, B.Curry, Birch
Warr, RdP
Reed, Bedlow, James, Roebuck
Carpenter

Caine, Rodd, Harper, Groves, Woodman, Quirke, Curtis, Veainu/O'Flaherty

and the possibility of any of JLdP, DdP, Ernst van Rhyn, Hill and LCD being available which would all be a big as 2nd/backrow/hooker looks a little light

Hey all, new here. We live in the US and just bought tickets to Harlequins v Saracens at the Stoop (Round 6), then had the sinking realization that England players may not be back by then. If all goes well and England is in the World Cup final, any idea of what round those players would be back? Thanks so much.

It'll depend on club, and individual.
Round 6 is 3 weeks after the RWC final though, so even if England reach the final (which would be a shock) you'd expect all the fit players to be back by then.

It'll depend on club, and individual.
Round 6 is 3 weeks after the RWC final though, so even if England reach the final (which would be a shock) you'd expect all the fit players to be back by then.
Thanks so much. We're still scarred from when we traveled from NY to Exeter to watch Chiefs v Quins and my 2 favourites didn't play (Care and Nowell). Thanks again.

Only 10 teams this coming season. I wish Premiership Rugby some $tability in 2023-2024.

1690672535192.png

Last edited:
Hey all, new here. We live in the US and just bought tickets to Harlequins v Saracens at the Stoop (Round 6), then had the sinking realization that England players may not be back by then. If all goes well and England is in the World Cup final, any idea of what round those players would be back? Thanks so much.

Hi Proto. Welcome to the forum. 👊 Enjoy your trip to the Stoop.

Last edited:
Screenshot_20230801_125458_Samsung Internet.jpg

4 warm ups then kick off the season homw to Sarries, Quins away then Sale home.

Really need to look into the squad more with all the movements. Think this season we will be rebuilding.

Our list of players leaving is insane: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_2023–24_Premiership_Rugby_transfers

Looking forward to seeing Joe Hawkins come in and do a job for us but gutted for him as a person and a chiefs player that he isnt with Wales right now. Rules are rules but they've kicked themselves in the teeth with this one.