• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

FA cup Thread

B

Bullitt

Manchester United travel to Liverpool following the FA Cup fifth round draw at The Football Association's Soho Square headquarters.

United defeated Liverpool 1-0 at Old Trafford recently but there was controversy over Gary Neville's goal celebrations and Rio Ferdinand's late winner handed Sir Alex Ferguson's side a rather fortunate win.

League Two side Colchester United will be delighted with their trip to either Chelsea or Everton, while there is an all-London affair at The Valley between Charlton Athletic and Brentford.

John Salako and Ian Rush conducted the draw which also includes Bolton Wanderers versus West Ham, a repeat of the first-ever Wembley final.

Newcastle United's Alan Shearer takes on former club Southampton at St James' Park in his farewell season.

Aston Villa meet Manchester City and Birmingham City or Reading will travel to Stoke City. There is a lot of doubt over the first tie out of the hat as Preston or Crystal Palace will take on Coventry City or Middlesbrough.

Preston or Crystal Palace v Coventry City or Middlesbrough
Newcastle United v Southampton
Aston Villa v Manchester City
Everton or Chelsea v Colchester United
Charlton Athletic v Brentford
Liverpool v Manchester United
Bolton Wanderers v West Ham
Stoke City v Reading or Birmingham City

The ties will take place on the weekend of February 18.

Ah ********.

neville7gm.gif

*thats better*

Revenge is a dish best served cold. Here's a very good chance to get it quickly. Rob you must be delerious - at home to a team from the Fizzy Pop Championship?!

Southampton at home, couldn't be better really, no media coverage for that match either, just leave the players get on with their job and a quarter final place will be their's

Originally posted by Teh Mite@Jan 30 2006, 04:27 PM
Aston Villa v Manchester City
Could have been a better draw.
<

Villa have been alright recently, but hopefully we can get a result.

City could have had harder, could have had easier. You can go there and win. I also can't see Mrs SHRLFC being too unhappy with her draw either...

Thats a pretty rough draw

OH WELL............Looks like you Mancs are gonna be out of another Cup early
<

Originally posted by The TRUTH!!@Jan 31 2006, 04:54 AM
If honestly happy about it, I am still very angry when we were undeservedly knocked out in 1999......
<

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC+Jan 31 2006, 05:02 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Jan 31 2006, 05:02 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-The TRUTH!!
@Jan 31 2006, 04:54 AM
If honestly happy about it, I am still very angry when we were undeservedly knocked out in 1999......
<
[/b]
Dont get me wrong im more than happy playing Mancs , im still ****** about our last game with them let alone 99

As I said earlier, it's a great chance for us to get our own back, let's just hope we take it!

The only thing im worried about is the fact we've got Chav$ki,Gooners and Manure all in the space of 2 weeks in Feb.

I think that's a good thing, keep the players sharp and focused, they won't lose any concentration whereas if they were playing some middle of the road premiership team then their focus might not quite be at 100%

Expect Gary Neville to get a warm welcome at Anfield today when Man Utd go to Anfield for their fifth round tie. Liverpool should overcome a shocking cup record against their rivals having not won in 85 years.

I'm hoping Villa can go through by giving Man City a jolly thrashing...

They haven't gotten this far for a while...

GO ON VILLA!

Originally posted by Air Ben@Feb 18 2006, 11:29 AM
I'm hoping Villa can go through by giving Man City a jolly thrashing...

They haven't gotten this far for a while...

GO ON VILLA!
Man City > You

2-1 City, Vassell and Barton to seal the win before Baros pulls one back late on.

What a great day in sport today/tonight.....

Force v Canes
Reds v Crusaders
Waratahs v Stormers

and..

Liverpool to thrash those Mancs.........YNWA

mancbadge4.jpg

mancbadge5_small.jpg

(to bruce springsteen's "born in the usa")

SOLD TO THE USA ..
U MANCS WERE..
SOLD TO THE USA.. :lol:

HES BIG HES RED HIS FEET STICK OUT OF BED PETER CROUCH PETER CROUCH

1 - 0 to Liverpool... 20 Mins Into the game

Yep 1-0 half time

I dont see us losing this, manchester have the worst midfield in the EPL

If we can keep Shrek and Horseface quiet theres no way we should lose this match.

Liverpool 1 - 0 Man U.....

FINAL Score

Just hope Alan Smith is ok for the mancs looked pretty bad accident

Latest posts