• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

FA'ATAU82's MegaUpdatePatch Talk Thread

It crashes everytime I try to start an European Super league, right when I select the team I want to use

I seem to have had this problem randomly too.. it crashes the game for no reason, but if i re-try it, it works fine.

Are you using Vista, because i have this problem on Vista.

I seem to have had this problem randomly too.. it crashes the game for no reason, but if i re-try it, it works fine.

Are you using Vista, because i have this problem on Vista.
[/b]
Nope i'm using XP

And it crashes everytime

Hi all,

I was watching Munster HC game yesterday, and I think that the away kit from this patch has a small mistake: In the patch it has a kind of red trim in the low back, but in reality there is no such thing.

I hope you can fix this.

Are you using Vista, because i have this problem on Vista. [/b]

Yep crashes for me as well - just as the game is about to start - bang - unhandled exception - really annoying is that the exception dialog is "behind" the game - meaning I have to restart the machine! - I am on XP...

This also happened if using the MUP roster! - I had to uninstall and reinstall the game...added the update and then it all happens again - thanks for the hardwork though it looks great!

I have no idea bout these things.. i just know how to make the roster and graphics and that kind of stuff. I have no idea why it would crash, but mine does it for no reason when i select the team i want to play as., most times it is fine though.

It crashes everytime I try to start an European Super league, right when I select the team I want to use [/b]

Can you describe the exact steps you're doing from the front menu onwards plus what your settings are? Is this MUP1 or 2?

<div class='quotemain'> It crashes everytime I try to start an European Super league, right when I select the team I want to use [/b]

Can you describe the exact steps you're doing from the front menu onwards plus what your settings are? Is this MUP1 or 2?
[/b][/quote]

I have found that the MUP rosters do not load - the creation date is set to 31/12/1999 and I get an error "unable to load rosters" - if I use the MUP Beta 2 - all seems to work fine until I choose to play a game - there is no specific option - if just "Play Now" with the default teams - just as the first graphics are shown the game crashes - with the commentary of "welcome to"

BTW The six nations is not shown on Sky - in fact Sky only have rights in the UK for the Premiership and Heineken Cup (and the tri nations/Super 14) - World Cup is on ITV and the rest is on BBC

Just to add - it is the rosters that are causing the game to crash - at least it seems to be.

If I don't have the profile or the rosters available then the game works - but of course the teams are not updated!

Also the fact that it's not possible to call the defence (std,wide,kick,tight) is quite annoying...I have given away soft tries because of this :cryy:

Hope that helps.

@ kingwilko - Firstly, MUP1 and MUP2 are the same thing. I could not find any real dilemma other than sometimes the setplays dont seem to activate even though you trigger the, So do, some don't i have just left them as they are for the moment and have not edited them.

I load up the game, and then load MUP roster. I then go directly to the new competitions and start a world league (Euro super league). I find sometimes if i select a team by going to the left it crashes. I have only chosen Northampton and Toulon and Treviso. It seems to happen more with Northampton.

I think it's just my system, i have a cracked copy of the game so you will always get little things like this, especially on vista anyway. If i reload the game it doesn't happen.

@ quoling - I made a mistake when i sent out the roster update. I made two rosters, called MUP1 and MUP2. Neither will load unless you rename it to MUP, and then only one will load because they have the same name.

So, to get it to load rename MUP1 to MUP. Then delete MUP2, but the MUP profile is fine.

Once the roster works for you, the crashing should stop. I find it is to do with created players. I never have any crashes anymore that you describe using my MUP roster.

Also, we cannot change the main wipe logo (sky sports) for different competitions. It will show the competition logo (i.e guinness premiership) but sky will appear first and then won't appear again as the competition logo takes over. In an exhihition game, it will only use the skysports wipe.

Hope that clears up some confusion.

I will release another roster very soon.. probably during the week, as i have done a lot of work in the short time that i released the last one and it can now be played properly with some realistic stats. I have yet to adjust all the bios and apearances though, although all unique faces have been set, so they will show the ones already in the game.

I just had an idea.. maybe not for this game but for the next game or the next patch.. would there be any demand for a couple of teams from Japan, Argentina etc..?

hi everybody, sorry but i can't find the brennus trophy?
where i can fint it please?
Thank you for your all creation.. EA should take you in example. LOL

Fa'atau, do you think you will release the whole MUP as one download, and if so, how long do you think it'll take?

I am not sure when or the exact method of releasing, but i think it might have an installer, i'm not sure.. it doesn't really need one, as all you need to do is put the files in the right folder.

I hope i will have the roster made before the 29th April, as i am on hols in Samoa for 3 weeks. The most that will have to be edited by that time will be the bios (correct height, weight, DOB for all players) but some are done, and some are correct in the game anyway.

I have made a new website that i hope can be as successful for EA Rugby as NLSC was for NBA Live.

Basically, all the programs, files, cyberfaces, patches and everything is available from one place, with extra information and data to use for mods and all kinds of things. I call it EA Rugby Series Center.

Please visit http://earugbyseriescenter.moonfruit.com/. It will replace my other site. I urge you all to provide and maybe index your files for inclusion on the site, so therefore we could have a whole cyberface database, for example, but have maybe different versions like vuneddy's Chabal and the Chabal i am using, i forget who made it (Uli?)

It's sort of a fansite/modsite where you can find everything about this series of games. You can also become a free member of the site and get emails from it regarding ea rugby stuff, like new releases.

Please give me some feedback, i'd like to know what you all think and that we can work together as a community to share everything we have.

Cheers,

Fa'atau82 / Gary Pidwill

Great graphics and organisation of the site. I made it well, good idea !!!

But how can I download the contents ?

for example : "Game Resources - having problems finding programs ? try these links..."
I can't download anything....

thx mate well done

That's because i haven't added anything yet i made the site yesterday and haven't had time to actually add anything other than the basic site text etc.

I have added some things now, there is a beta of the MUP.. it's a collection of files for the base of the patch, of which most are available on the forum anyway. Also 06 roster (mine and ozzy's combined) is available and also links to most of the programs and things are added now.

I want to keep as many things going back to TRF as i think it's important that we all gather here, but my site just collates all the information and files that i can get all in one place, rather than hunting numerous threads.

Latest posts