• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

.::~:: Faatau82's Workshop ::~::.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just thinking how EA/HB Studios would make/update Rugby 09. It seems they have left in files from 06, and i think they do this so they can re-use the data.gob, and you will find that they have been doing that since 2004 as 2004 appears as the creation dates in some .rsg and .xml files.

I am approaching this problem with missing tournaments in the way that i think EA/HB would update Rugby 09, if that makes sense. It made me think because in the 08 data.gob there is no locations for the British Lions kits filenames, but if you add the ones from 06 it works, assuming you unlocked them.

So either some magic is involved or we are missing a trick here. I think it may be possible to add the Lions Tour and 10 Nations if we can figure out how to get the text in the menu selection and then link it to the .rfe files. The menu text is controlled by dc.english and i am wondering if we add the .rfe files from the 10 Nations and Lions Tour if we can link up the string ID so you get text in that menu. The text is there, but it's not visible. It's on line 2219. I don't know enough about what a string ID is to attempt it. It wouldn't work with MUP as it doesn't have S14 teams, but it would work on the original.

The text is there in the dc.english, it just needs to be selectable in the menu by assigning to a string ID.. then hopefully the game would read the rfe files. and load as normal.

See, if EA/HB chop and change these competitions for each elease, how do they do it? I doubt they remake the whole database, at least not for the hard coded stuff.

Rather like i can add ANY stadium by just giving it the name of another stadium filename, i am wondering what happens if you rename an .rfe as an existing .rfe or if you can add them we we can the Lions kits. I'm thinking the rfe files might even activate the string ID text.

I think i found the reason why Lions Tour, and others are not available on the menu. There is 3 files you need to know, dc.english or dc.french and dc.xml.

The dc.english controls the actual text that appears in words, but the dc.xml tells the game where it's displayed. When you look under the tournaments names, the ones that are missing are Lions Tour and Ten Nations. The file is not telling the dc.english to load the string ID. So basically, if you know what a stringID is (is it the line like 2219 i found?) it will load the text from that line. Currently it is not loading the extra text because it's deliberately hidden.

The graphics file are all there, and i'm sure the rfe files are too. They just coded it out. I'm gonna test this.

Well I have tried everything I can think of to get the B&I Lions tour to work in Rugby 08 but no luck...But if there is someone that can get this to work its you Fa'atau82, also maybe try to get kingwilko's help, that guy is very clever when it comes to sorting out EA's ****, I'm pretty sure that the guys over at Planet Cricket have edited menu text and graphics...

How far did you get? I have the team with new kits and all graphics. I just need to get the text to appear in the menu and i'm sure it will work, and then probably crash but it's a start lol

Ok, i have uploaded the Wales, Portugal and Lions kits by request. Enjoy!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fa'atau82 @ Feb 6 2009, 10:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Ok, i have uploaded the Wales, Portugal and Lions kits by request. Enjoy![/b]

thats great! thanks :cheers:
now i can start my Six Nations :)

Hey man, i probably should have started this as a topic but I couldn't make a new one
It looks like you're the most active patcher here I was wondering if a sevens patch has been attempted for rugby 08 or 06. I know somebody did it for 2001 by reducing the 8 players not used to 0 height and weight. Players very rarely passed the ball to the icons where the missing players would be so it was still playable. i don't yet have the editor so i can't try it myself...

If you don't have time for this I can just check it myself later :p

That's an interesting idea, didn't think of that.. you can just make 'placeholder' player in the editor who are 'invisible' and assign them to 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8. You can unless name them with no name, so you don't get a floating name tag.

I might try this out!

Clever dude Waterview!

Haha it's been done before, so not really my idea just glad I remember how to do it! I think the players were called empty, but if you could make them invisible that would be a lot tidier. Fingers crossed it works
If so I think you would have to have a hooker 1 lock and a number 8 which would make the scrums look weird but then line outs would be possible. Then half back 1st and second 5 and fullback i reckon, that way you'd have a reciever on each side, some cover defense and some one who rushes into the line which happens a lot in sevens.

The only thing we can't do is the drop goal, or eliminate penalties.. but i'm not sure if you can change the rules of the game as options, i have never really looked.

using woosah's editor i could only get them down to 5'0 any way round this?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Feb 10 2009, 06:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
using woosah's editor i could only get them down to 5'0 any way round this?[/b]

It could be something to do with the editor, do you enter a value or select one from a list? It might have been left out because he didn't think anyone would want a 2 foot player or something. I guess I'll find out soon, thats my tenth post!

hello I'm new on this forum.I would like to know if there is any phota gallery whit all the diffrent kit

Would be a nice idea, but for now you just have to scroll though the posts

There is no gallery, but that's a nice idea. There isn't enough hardcore active modders at the moment so there isn't a lot of new kits floating around. ost of the new ones i have done are in MUP09, which will be released hopefully in 2 weeks. I just have the roster left to do, which is 70% done and make the new squads for 6 Nations.

Wonder if i should put Mauro Bergamasco at 9. Any takers?

*lengthy tumbleweed moment*

.. thought not.

i cant find the classic patch link. hows that going? any screens etc? and how is this one going?

i really need to find my 08 cd so i can play this on my new laptop....

MUP09 (for rugby 08) is literally done. I just need to do the last part of the roster, which i will do this week i hope, but i have been busy with my work/life.

Legends Patch (for rugby 06) is well on it's way and i have changed the text and made lots of kits, i just need to import them to the game. No roster has been made yet by myself. Not sure of the release of that, but it will be probably before the start of next season.

I tend to do these mods myself, or should i say i lead them so the files are on my system and when things come to fruition with the time i have, you will see more progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts