• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

.::~:: Faatau82's Workshop ::~::.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because it has better rules (with less bugs), more competitions, has a more old school look and most of the old players are in the game already. I have just added the Canada 1995, England 1995 and France 1995 kits and they look cool. They are in HD. I will have the home kit as 1995 and the away as 1999.

what about AIB league teams like blackrock , cork con.,garryowen,shannon...

I'm only putting the highest level regions, or clubs. The patch is based around the years 1995-1999, as before that it was much to look at as a spectacle, being amateur.. so i will use Ulster, Munster and Leinster. Ulster won the Heineken Cup in 1999 if my memory is right, so they are definitely in.

How do you add to these to the data file? Mine is a .gob file which cannot open to put the new data in...

Hey Gary

Don't know if this is the correct place to post this, and I don't know if you have already discoverd this yourself, but in anycase I found out how to activate the training ground stadium, so now you can play there in the "play now" mode

faatau says: Yeah, i activated it in MUP09, but it doesnt have a stadium background by default. I turned it into Japan. So now if you train, you play at the Madejski Stadium but with Asian adboards. I did think to add Dubai as well, but ran out of stadiums.

How do you get dubai? I'll use it as my training ground stadium!

faatau says: There is no stadium for dubai, but if you can find one in the game that is similar to 'the sevens' stadium, just extract it from the directory and rename it as the training ground. You will need to change the text in dc.english too.

Hi this is my first post. I had Rugby 2008 for PS2 but my PS2 broke, so I bought it for PC. I tried to use your Magners League Kit Update, using the steps you provided for a guy earlier.

1) I downloaded the .big and .fsh files.
2) I extracted them to a folder.
3) I copied them and pasted them in the root folder: \Program Files\EA SPORTS\EA SPORTS™ Rugby 08
4) I started Rugby 2008 from the .exe file in that folder.

This didn't work. Have i done something wrong? Do I need and extra software?
Sorry for being such a noob but im sure i'll learn quick enough.
Thank You

Did you copy the folder where you extracted the .fsh and .big to, to \Program Files\EA SPORTS\EA SPORTS™ Rugby 08 or just the files?

Also, did you play a game between two Magners League teams or did you just stop at the screen where you select teams?

Have you actually played a game and looked for the kits, or was you expecting the kits to appear updated on the team select?

I copied only the files.
And yes, I did play a game. Tried using Munster vs Leinster.

Okay this is strange <strike>(then agian is anything normal that involes EA Sports)</strike>.

Are you using XP or Vista?

Then the best thing would be that Fa'atau82 helps you, he knows all too well about Vista and copying files...

Ok thanks for the help. Has anyone made a Munster Kit on its own at all that i could try?

Oh well, its actually my game. I tried the MUP 09 patch. Nothing happened. :(

The kit pack definitely works. Do you have any other patches installed, like MUP..?

If you have more than one directory (if you run different mods) did you copy it into the right directory?
Do you normally run the .exe that you are running now?
If you just got the game and it is literally fresh from the CD, try running the .exe you copied to the desktop. The files work, and the .exe is the same as it is in the directory, but there may be some issue that the .exe is not running the files.

These files definitely work, and have been tested. The files just go inside the directory, not inside any folders, just as they are. Try the GP pack and see if that works, or any other file. If it does not load, it might be because you need to run the original exe. I only click on the exe in the directory, if i make a new one.

Try using the desktop .exe, that's all i can think and reply here if it isn't working.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fa'atau82 @ Mar 4 2009, 02:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
The kit pack definitely works. Do you have any other patches installed, like MUP..?

If you have more than one directory (if you run different mods) did you copy it into the right directory?
Do you normally run the .exe that you are running now?
If you just got the game and it is literally fresh from the CD, try running the .exe you copied to the desktop. The files work, and the .exe is the same as it is in the directory, but there may be some issue that the .exe is not running the files.

These files definitely work, and have been tested. The files just go inside the directory, not inside any folders, just as they are. Try the GP pack and see if that works, or any other file. If it does not load, it might be because you need to run the original exe. I only click on the exe in the directory, if i make a new one.

Try using the desktop .exe, that's all i can think and reply here if it isn't working.[/b]

I hadn't any other mods installed before, but I downloaded MUP, but that didn't work either.
I did however get the new Roster file to work.
Strange!

I haven't being using more then one directory, so that rules that out. It just seems, as you said, that the .exe isn't running the files.
:mellow:
Oh well, thak you for your help, i'll just bear the s***e Munster jerseys. :p

This might sound daft, but try right clicking on the .exe and select 'run as administrator'. Other than that, i have no more solutions.. other than you are doing something wrong somewhere if none of the files load.

No that didn't work either. Oh Well thanks for the help. Its not a big thing anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts