• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

FAO: JdV and Pageski

Its actually really simple to add the codes into the .fsh files.

Just take any existing mini-kit file, lets say the Bulls left-home mini-kit and rename that file to the new team's left-home mini-kit.Now open that file with a hex editor and search for the code of the team, which in this case is the bull part which should be almost at the end.

There should be bulll1, the bull part is the code and the l1 means l=left and 1=home (r=right and 2=away).Now only change the bull part to the code of the new team ie. t37 so it looks like this now t37l1.save and exit...

You do exactly the same for the logos+wipes and logos .fsh files, just take an existing file, rename it to the new filename, open it with a hex editor and change the code from the current one to the code of the new team.

Please try it and see if you get it right...

Fa'atau82 here are two teams for which I've found filenames and have made "place holder" files for with the code already coded into the mini-kits and logo files, so all you have to do is to replace them with new kits, mini-kits, logos, ball ect...

Agen

Beziers

Please tell me what you think and if I must carry on in this fashion

So, it is possible to add all the teams listed in the xml into the game (apart from US Colleges i assume) and the way you explained the coding for the fsh files makes sense to me. Means i haven't got to extract those files now from the data.gob.

I'm wondering if your trick of taking out the stringID '"text" would work on other xml, namely the one that has all the in-game text listed by stringID. That's how i edit text in Rugby 06, so i assume it will work for any xml. It might even work for the entire game, as that's what it did in 06, i'm sure. Doing it in hex will take a million years.

In theory, if that works.. we can make multi-language text, so you can have it in your own language, i.e spanish, italian, georgian, russian or whatever.

My idea for the moment is to make my own update of MUP v1.2. It'll be independent of any other patches, because it think it's good to have more than one.. I know there's SuperPatch, and MUP v1.2 and whatever RugbyFrench team are hiding away :D So my configuration will be different.

Also, i think we should drop Tunisia for Korea or Germany. iRB rankings below.

1(1) NEW ZEALAND 91.68
2(2) SOUTH AFRICA 88.60
3(3) AUSTRALIA 85.56
4(4) IRELAND 84.60
5(5) FRANCE 82.41
6(6) ENGLAND 80.72
7(7) ARGENTINA 80.56
8(8) WALES 79.89
9(9) SCOTLAND 76.59
10(10) FIJI 75.90
11(11) ITALY 72.59
12(12) SAMOA 72.08
13(13) JAPAN 70.59
14(14) CANADA 68.80
15(15) TONGA 68.11
16(16) USA 67.05
17(17) GEORGIA 66.85
18(18) RUSSIA 66.21
19(19) ROMANIA 64.62
20(20) URUGUAY 60.89
21(21) PORTUGAL 59.72
22(22) NAMIBIA 59.63
23(23) SPAIN 59.01
24(24) CHILE 57.95
25(25) KOREA 57.90
26(26) GERMANY 55.72

As you can see, Chile are in pretty much, then it's a toss-up between Korea and Germany for me. If we had Germany, we could mod 6 Nations as ENC. I think that'd appeal to fans on the forum more so than Korea or Tunisia.

Just a matter of interest (i haven't had time to try) but when you want to add an extra subgraphic (like a team logo) to the .fsh file, i can see how the coding works, but how do you get a new subgraphic tab?

Does that make sense? I use fshED.

Adding code into an existing and correct .fsh seems easy enough.

btw, those extra kits for Australia and Argentina.. can you re-link them to make a 4rd kit for another team? Is that what you did?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fa'atau82 @ Jan 4 2010, 09:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Just a matter of interest (i haven't had time to try) but when you want to add an extra subgraphic (like a team logo) to the .fsh file, i can see how the coding works, but how do you get a new subgraphic tab?

Does that make sense? I use fshED.

Adding code into an existing and correct .fsh seems easy enough.

btw, those extra kits for Australia and Argentina.. can you re-link them to make a 4rd kit for another team? Is that what you did?[/b]

Oh do you mean like you want to add a team logo for a new team into the b33.......fsh file?

Okay I'll try my best to explain....

Open the b33......fsh file

Expand any l4... thingy and then export the "metal bin" and "name" as a "binary data only" with a ".data" extension.

the "name" contains the code that links the logo to the team, if you exported say the Brumbies "name" part open the "name.dat" file with a hex editor and change the "l4brum" to have the code of your new team ie: "l4abcd", save and exit.

Now in fshed click on "objects" -> "add new" -> "object"

*Graphics Object: Choose the new graphics logo for the new team...
*Object Name: l4(any two letters) ie: "l4zx"
*Bit Packing: "Uncompressed"
*Image Type: Must be the same as the others "62h|98|DXT5"

Finally click on "update"

Now you will see the new logo for the new team in the b33.fsh file, with the "l4zx" selected click on "objects" -> "add new" -> "attachments"

Firstly import the "metal bin.dat" file and then the "name.dat" file.

Save and then it should work 100% ;)

Fa'atau82 must I continue to get the filenames and make place holder files like I did for Agen and Beziers for you?Please tell me yes or no?

Cheers

Yeah that makes sense, thanks! I'd appreciate it if you are gathering filenames. My plan for the mo is not to use every hidden team, and my configuration is different.. but it think having the codes would be benefitial, because it would appear we can just add the teams anyway.

My idea for my mod would be to have all the representative teams in the international category (26) 30 in European Clubs (the maximum) and i'll put all my Currie Cup and ANZ Cup teams in the Super14 category, which makes 24.

Then i have room for 30 teams in Representative. I would like to make a more complete patch covering the bases on everything, rather than just use the whole Top14, or whatever. The roster wouldn't cope, but i decided i can add my legends patch into mod as well, by using those hidden teams as legends teams.

It's going to be my patch, as Uli is out for the mo.. but in any case.. with the option of extra teams, it'd be easy to add new teams anyway.

I've just tried it, but without importing attachments.. and it's all good :) i don't have to put a graphic in when making the object, i can do it after as long as i can change the dimensions of it at new object stage.. otherwise i'd have to start saving as the dreaded .bmp!

Ah, i can't change the dimensions, but i can import my size graphic as psd which amends it. I have no added literally every team in the game, i've just got to add those extra files to my squad management. 30 in nearly every group!

That stringID trick is pukka, so much easier!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fa'atau82 @ Jan 5 2010, 11:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Ah, i can't change the dimensions, but i can import my size graphic as psd which amends it. I have no added literally every team in the game, i've just got to add those extra files to my squad management. 30 in nearly every group!

That stringID trick is pukka, so much easier![/b]

I know yeah!Aren't I just the best thing that happened after sliced bread? :D

Did you also add in the missing "in-between" team like no.37, 49, 64, 65 ect...?

Nope! I think i have enough though. We've got a LOT of filenames to find.

My game will now have ideally:

- 24, National Teams, with and extra 4 of: England Saxons, Baabaas, Emerging Boks, British Lions making it 28 in International
- 30, European Club Teams
- 14, Super14 teams, with an extra 10 Currie Cup and ANZ Cup including: Western Province, Blue Bulls, Natal Sharks, Free State Cheetahs, Golden Lions, Auckland, Wellington, Waikato, Canterbury and Otago to make 24 in Super 14 (to be renamed Sanzar)
- 12, Classic Legends national teams including: New Zealand 1987, Fiji 1987, France 1987, Scotland 1990, Australia 1991, England 1991, Western Samoa 1991, France 1993, England 1993, Wales 1994, Ireland 1994, Argentina 1995, New Zealand 1995 and South Africa 1995
- 4, Classic Club sides: To be planned.

Ross, have you got the userteams 1-4 to work? I have them in my game, with squad logos.. i assume that you'd find the filenames like we do for any of the others..?

it s wonderfull to add some teams i will try for to keep maybe all stars teams and play with world selection players but my question is how you can put player inside all yours many extra teams added if we have only 1993 players (with created player)

Intercept king did you maybe have find to fix this http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/index.p...mp;#entry429851
to add chile and tunisie nationality i have add logo country but impossible to have players with logo nationality

I decide Bruno, so use the Currie Cup and ANZ Cup teams because they share some players with Super14. So i've made a basic roster with 26-28 players in each team. But what i plan to do, is make a roster for each competition, so you'll have a GP, H-Cup, Super14/Currie/ANZ Cup, and the National teams will also include the Legends squads. The base will be the same, but for each seperate roster i will reduce the players from other tea,s to make full rosters. But pretty much every team has a full roster anyway.

We can't add more players to a roster yet. I might try and see if i can figure something out. I'm sure it can, the file can be as big as it wants to be, but it's figuring out how to expand it physically.

Latest posts