Its time to trade it in â€" For a better experience

The best just got better

It’s a bigger jump than 08>09

I cant believe how good Fifa10 is

The control is awesome â€" the players response also incredible

Its polished up to no end

Can you Fifa10?

Get involved

Looking forward to it, despite I'm not a consumed gamer.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
The control is awesome – the players response also incredible[/b]

Does Messi respond while playing for Argentina? Cause down here we would love to see him play a fine game for us, at least once. ;)

Besides, we'll have to get this game if we ever want to mention the WC 2010 in South Africa and Argentina in the same topic. <_<

Really considering this, i had Fifa 09 for a while and enjoyed it loads, but then traded it in for something or other, so my only football game is PES2008 atm
Might just talk a walk into town after my lecture this morning....

I tried the PC demo and unfortunately it was almost identical to 09, very disappointing. The console versions will be far superior of course, but I'm sure it wouldn't be so difficult for EA to make a decent PC version..

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sneaki @ Oct 1 2009, 10:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I tried the PC demo and unfortunately it was almost identical to 09, very disappointing. The console versions will be far superior of course, but I'm sure it wouldn't be so difficult for EA to make a decent PC version..[/b]

What's wrong with it? I play it on a 24" monitor with 16x AA, and it looks incredible. I also have an Xbox 360 controller, which basically means i have a far more powerful XBox. I find it leagues above 09, visuals and gameplay-wise. What will make the console version far superior?

Will be getting this ASAP would not be the same if I did not buy at least one football update a year.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jer1cho @ Oct 2 2009, 12:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sneaki @ Oct 1 2009, 10:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I tried the PC demo and unfortunately it was almost identical to 09, very disappointing. The console versions will be far superior of course, but I'm sure it wouldn't be so difficult for EA to make a decent PC version..[/b]

What's wrong with it? I play it on a 24" monitor with 16x AA, and it looks incredible. I also have an Xbox 360 controller, which basically means i have a far more powerful XBox. I find it leagues above 09, visuals and gameplay-wise. What will make the console version far superior?
[/b][/quote]

Just by comparing the 09 and 10 demo's it doesn't seem that much better, but then again I haven't played either of the full games, or either of their console versions.. so I could be wrong. Judging by the responses in the fifa forum it seems like the feedback for the PC version is much more negative compared to the other platforms though.

yeah well u cant sprint and turn on a dime of course
but the overall control of your side is up to you, and it works, and its slick
ie there is a lose ball - no longer does the ai pick a guy and start running - nobody will get the ball until the actual user goes and gets it.....so there is no ai assistence, or no were near as much
the overall smoothness of play is epic - flows very well
the main problem i see are free kicks - too easy - i have nailed 4 already from long distances....i'll have more free kicks in a fifa2010 calendar year than i have in my PES career
they finally have australia only rankings
@ 90mins scores tied - players pick if they want
extra time only
extra time and penalties
draw right now
online leagues will be mad fun

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Oct 1 2009, 05:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
yeah well u cant sprint and turn on a dime of course
but the overall control of your side is up to you, and it works, and its slick
ie there is a lose ball - no longer does the ai pick a guy and start running - nobody will get the ball until the actual user goes and gets it.....so there is no ai assistence, or no were near as much
the overall smoothness of play is epic - flows very well
the main problem i see are free kicks - too easy - i have nailed 4 already from long distances....i'll have more free kicks in a fifa2010 calendar year than i have in my PES career
they finally have australia only rankings
@ 90mins scores tied - players pick if they want
extra time only
extra time and penalties
draw right now
online leagues will be mad fun[/b]

Been playing Fifa10 for months now, no need to tell me, although i disagree on some of your points I'm too lazy to care to post them.

However..try playing Online, your pro will not turn at all, it's more like a slow curve
But the advanced rainbow flick is always fun to pull in a game and get a goal off it..the goalie AI - although better - is still just AI

i only play online - hd2hd
its a great step forward in many ways than 2009 - i think the most being fluidity of the match, and there is no where near as much moments as 'oh sh*t didnt mean to do that' i feel as thought the ai isnt doing things for me, in which in 2009, they did alot.
considering 2009 was a damn good game, i wasnt expecting this much of an improvment - it looks the same, it sounds the same, it feels totally different.

As we speak I'm downloading FIFA 10 for my iPhone. A friend got it yesterday and it feels much better. The graphics are pretty much the same, although I sense the sound has been improved a LOT. The controls are a bit messy... in this case I'm supposed to use the accelerometer to control the tempo of the game (?). I'm going to try the "Be a Pro" mode and I'll get back to you guys in a moment. ;)

0 - 11 online...I suck but should have won half of them.

Couple problems, I invite players to a game and always end up playing someone else.

The goalies are shite, lost games due to them coming too far out and getting chipped over.

I dunno, it's good and sure the player control is a bit better but crazy as it sounds for some reason 08 still feels better to play to me.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Oct 1 2009, 07:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
i only play online - hd2hd
its a great step forward in many ways than 2009 - i think the most being fluidity of the match, and there is no where near as much moments as 'oh sh*t didnt mean to do that' i feel as thought the ai isnt doing things for me, in which in 2009, they did alot.
considering 2009 was a damn good game, i wasnt expecting this much of an improvment - it looks the same, it sounds the same, it feels totally different.[/b]

I'd play you, but i don't own a ps3 or xbox360 (yet), and fifa10 isn't released here until October 20th :lol:

I've never played a fifa before i became a QA for fifa10, but my peeves with it (and many other die hard fifa fans) is:
1. Auto-tackle; whoever created this likes the easy street...who decided that being a defender was as easy as holding down A
2. Offence/Defence button carry over; too many a time has my player kicked the ball away due to this

some improvements that i like is the whole captain thing, now the captain can actually pause and not stop the game, that's always a bonus :lol:

Overall it's a great game (says the non-soccer fan)

It's outstanding. I like in particular how the big names make a big difference, but not because they're ridiculously strong.

Any Pro Evo fans on here tried it? If so, what's your take on this? I'm planning to get FIFA in a few days.

I'm getting better, yay!. Won a game, came close in a couple.

Played my best game defensively, kept a guy to 0-0 good player too and he quit on me with 4 to go. Fuuuuuuuuu...I reckon I had him too.

Chip kicking the keeper is still a concern it just seems like an exploit that may need addressing but apart from that I'm liking this game more.

Latest posts