• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Fifa10

Loving this too, just starting to develop some skill on defense, doesn't always come off..the good players can destroy my D line but I'm starting to pick off less skillfull players through pouring on heaps of pressure and forcing errors in my favour.

Overall still losing more than winning but being the first Fifa game I've really dug into and played alot I'm really enjoying it alot.

Me being the slow guy...well yesterday I hired the game out and played online for the first time.

Never was interested in 09....so for me it has been 08 and straight to 10.

Very impressed with Fifa10!

Played Radman and he got me good with a 30 metre winning goal on the 120th minute!

I strangely scored from a chip shot when the goalie didn't rush....reading through this thread it seems to be a bug.

Have not encountered other bugs yet....am very impressed that the things I hated about 09 and 08 are gone. So whatever new bugs there are...well I don't care lol!

My defence seems better....seems easier to tackle.

Default online speed is nice...perfect actually.

I can see myself getting very addicted to this game...was meant to take the disc back to the video store...but...um....am still playing it lol!

Dunno if I should sell fifa 09 for like $20 then buy fifa 10 for $100 or maybe $50-60 on ebay

Go for the Ebay option, I get most of my games used because I'm a cheap arse and they are pretty much always in perfect condition. But look around if you want it new, there are lots of places doing Boxing Day specials here with like ~20% off.

Had some more online games again today.....it seems to get better the more I play. Definitely a great game indeed!

I know what you mean, even losing more often than not I really like the way it plays and know there is still heaps of room for me to improve.

If this is your one game to purchase for the year bro, get this, somewhere will have it on special.

Or you can wait a few months and get the World Cup edition that is likely to come out and possibly be even better.

The world cup edition will only have the world cup on (if it's like the last WC one they did)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ Dec 27 2009, 01:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
GayGuy! Where've you been??! COME BAAAACKKK!!![/b]
I been sleeping with others.....

Anyway....got owned by some person 6-0....he made my defence look very ordinary. I think I should stop being lazy and go back to SP and practice some of my weaknesses. I have not learnt properly the early cross from 08...this guy did a few of those moves on me.

It also seems he does very long through balls. Now some of these through balls are manual ones....I can tell cos some of them are like my ones that go down the sideline...however the time it takes for him to do these through balls makes me wonder if he is doing something else. Perhaps it is the normal x pass button being held down?

He also seems to have found the sweet spot for shooting when he approaches the goal from a 45 degree angle after he has run around me with C Ronaldo. From 45 degrees appraoching the near post he shoots and it goes in the far post. There is no deviation in his run. This tells me that from that angle it is already lines up on target to go directly inside the far post. Very different aiming system from 08 but fairer I suppose.

He also seemed to do my own favourite move on me (give and go) which was a bit of a revelation as I have not come across many players where I have to defend this a lot....and I found it very difficult as I often go charging in. So he was simply giving and going and I would be left standing marking nobody. I did realise why people would slide tackle me on 08 when I did the one two......it is to stop me going after I gave...anyway...now I have to readjust my defence to mark people who dish out a lot on the give and go...strange being on the receiving end of this lol!

Will have to go practice these things before I dare go online.

Just got this today for NZ$69. Was pretty handy at '08 and even more so the faster '09, so will have to see if this new one suits my style of play. I'm hoping that this isn't like when I got '09 last year. All of a sudden TRF players weren't available to play, lol. Seriously though, it was probably just bad luck or timing. Looking forward to catching you guys online and seeing if I am upto standard with this years model.

I won't be getting rid of it in a hurry so I look forward to having a few more games of this with you than other games.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (C A Iversen @ Dec 28 2009, 01:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Just got this today for NZ$69. Was pretty handy at '08 and even more so the faster '09, so will have to see if this new one suits my style of play. I'm hoping that this isn't like when I got '09 last year. All of a sudden TRF players weren't available to play, lol. Seriously though, it was probably just bad luck or timing. Looking forward to catching you guys online and seeing if I am upto standard with this years model.[/b]

$69!!! Where do you find these bargains!

I heard that a lot of people who got heavily into 09 have not liked 10. Then you got people like me who prefered 08 over 09.... and we love 10!

09 online was a bit too fast for me....10 seems to be PERFECTLY paced...slightly faster than 08...but no where near the crazy speed of 09.

The "skill dribble" (L2/R2) works really well online and balances out the game against what seems at first an overpowered press tackle.

One thing that puzzles me is that I can't seem to choose a sweeper option with any formation I use....unlike how you could with 08.....anyone know how to do this?

When taking a free kick in FIFA10.. (in 09 when taking a FK, I'd hold LB for a thunderbolt shot).. I do in in F10 but it just fires along the ground whereas in 09 it would aim for the crossbar.. how to I get it to aim up at the crossbar?

Has anyone's online been messed up since just before Christmas? It might just be mine but every time I try to connect it says "This game session is no longer available."

I'm finally playing another sports game. This game has closed the gap between Craig and I that was there in 09. Only sports game other than Rugby 06 and Ashes 2009 that I've showed any possibility of beating Craig at at all. Only had it a day though.

Played online for the first time today, really enjoyed it.
The Be a pro online is great fun

Maybe after a bit more practice we could set up a Tournament eventually. Seems like there could be a good number of us involved if we're all keen.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Radman @ Dec 29 2009, 01:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Maybe after a bit more practice we could set up a Tournament eventually. Seems like there could be a good number of us involved if we're all keen.[/b]
Yeah....seems to be more enthusiasm for this than there was for 09.

Where is woosah?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Dec 29 2009, 12:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Has anyone's online been messed up since just before Christmas? It might just be mine but every time I try to connect it says "This game session is no longer available."[/b]
Gosh I am having that...Radman and I are struggling to connect....we can't play each other anymore for some strange reason.

I was having connection problems also with my mates that live across the road. Also many times playing online I would get connection error right at the end of the game. But all started working again once I port forwarded. Should try that guys. *If you're not using a router then ignore this*

The port range will be in the back of the manual for FIFA 10 and once you're in the router settings set it up for the PS3 which is probably by default named 'Unknown Device' but it will have a MAC under the name and you can check that in your PS3 System Settings ---> Sytem Info to make sure they are the same, if you have multiple connections to the router.

Latest posts