• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Fifa10

Radman and I read somewhere else that you can connect quite easily with your mates if you play them in online team play.

We had to spend a bit of time tweaking the camera angles etc.

Radman has really improved on his defence! I struggled trying to get a shot.

Played Radman in my first online games of Fifa '10 last night and he appears to be very good. He thumped in some good ones in the first game he won 3-1 Portugal over Liverpool. I took England in the second one and was leading 2-0 until he thumped on in from maybe 38m away. Not much you can do about those. Then he broke my teams heart and stole a draw in the 90th minute. I wanted extra time without penalties (would rather a draw than penalties) and he chose the same but with penalties. It just ends the game in that scenario, so I've learned my lesson there.

All in all I think he's a very good player. I'd say that bassed on skills from last night alone, that if we played 50 games that way, I'd estimate the results to be. Radman 22 C A Iversen 14 Draws 14. Thats just the feeling I got anyhow. I think he's got the ability to beat more than most at this one.

Also, I must say that this Fifa is shaping up as being the best of '08 and '09. The chipping on goalies can be a little on the cheap side (still I do it when I can), but they might fix that.

I really like this game because I'm competing against most people even if I do go down most times, I've basically learned to play this by playing other people and getting spanked to learn the hard way, offline play doesn't really cut it unless I'm fooling around in practice. Plus the fact that I can still learn alot more skills to get better has me hooked now. Scary thing is I'm fairly average compared to most online as I'd assume you'd know.

I have a terrible online record but that doesn't really matter, the satisfaction of pushing my opponent and getting the odd win here and there does, like last night, coming back from 3-0 down at half time and winning at the shoot out. Rare but awesome feeling.

As for the chip kick, it may seem cheap but it isn't over done unless you put yourself in a position for it to be used or used against you.

I love this game...just wish online was fixed properly.

and Craig, what did you select to set them games up last night?. Me and GG can only play through team play.

its a great online game, one of the best and a keeper for the entire year until the next!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Radman @ Jan 15 2010, 04:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I really like this game because I'm competing against most people even if I do go down most times, I've basically learned to play this by playing other people and getting spanked to learn the hard way, offline play doesn't really cut it unless I'm fooling around in practice. Plus the fact that I can still learn alot more skills to get better has me hooked now. Scary thing is I'm fairly average compared to most online as I'd assume you'd know.

I have a terrible online record but that doesn't really matter, the satisfaction of pushing my opponent and getting the odd win here and there does, like last night, coming back from 3-0 down at half time and winning at the shoot out. Rare but awesome feeling.

As for the chip kick, it may seem cheap but it isn't over done unless you put yourself in a position for it to be used or used against you.

I love this game...just wish online was fixed properly.

and Craig, what did you select to set them games up last night?. Me and GG can only play through team play.[/b]

You were the first games I'd played online this year. So I hope I can learn from having some more games. I won more than I lost last year, but can't see me being much at it this time around. Either way it's a brilliant one.

its a great online game, one of the best and a keeper for the entire year until the next!

For sure....I can say that I am finally starting to enjoy Fifa 10.....this so reminds me of Fifa 08 where I hated it for ages....then eventually I decided to play it the 08 way...and wadda ya know....it got good. I have now done the same thing with Fifa 10....I had to stop playing Fifa 08. When I finally started to follow the dynamics of Fifa 10 my huge losing streak finished.

My main improvement would be with custom formations....talk about slow to learn how significant formations can be lol!

For sure....I can say that I am finally starting to enjoy Fifa 10.....this so reminds me of Fifa 08 where I hated it for ages....then eventually I decided to play it the 08 way...and wadda ya know....it got good. I have now done the same thing with Fifa 10....I had to stop playing Fifa 08. When I finally started to follow the dynamics of Fifa 10 my huge losing streak finished.

My main improvement would be with custom formations....talk about slow to learn how significant formations can be lol!

I play a custom 4-3-1-2 now and am doing not too bad!

A funny thing happened to me the other day...well actually it had me laughing out very loud indeed lol!

Played this guy and I score in the first minute.

Anyway at kickoff he kicked the ball back to his keeper and into his own goal.

By halftime he had done this 15 times.....it was him kicking off...back to his keeper...into his own net

I realised he was being spiteful and didn't want me to touch the ball. Second half he kept doing this....midway through the second half he decides he will bring his goalie out to taunt me....when I rush to get the ball he run back to his goal and puts it in the net.

Anyway after a while I think of a plan.....I have my player run towards the near sideline out of view from the camera.....run along it where he can't be seen....run behind his own goal line while he is at halfway taunting my players...then go and stand in his goal.

Eventually his goalie runs back to his goal...to get a big fright because the last thing you would expect is to see a striker waiting at your own goal.

He tries to run away because he can't shoot into his own goal with the shoot button. He has to get aorund my striker and play the ball close his goal to score. I don't let him.

I team mate press someone to put pressure on him. Eventually I get the ball off him.

For the rest of the game I play possession and make him run around in circles trying to get it off me in my own half.

Best payback I have felt in a while. There really are some angry people online lol!

I've hit a wall again ffs!. Going along nicely getting wins every two or three games, even played as New Zealand and won three in a row easily. I've hit level 18 and am on a damn long losing streak as if the difficulty has just suddenly spiked massively against me. Sucks, but I'll get through it, just gotta keep at it.

Been playin a bit of NHL 09 online which I found in my cupboard and it is brilliant as well.

Me thinks I'll be getting a few EA sports ***les this year.

I've hit a wall again ffs!. Going along nicely getting wins every two or three games, even played as New Zealand and won three in a row easily. I've hit level 18 and am on a damn long losing streak as if the difficulty has just suddenly spiked massively against me. Sucks, but I'll get through it, just gotta keep at it.

Hey that is the same as me...trying to break into level 20 but started to lose games.

Try 3-4-3 as it seems to open things up a bit on attack....I pull it out when I just want to go for gold and score goals.

Nah man, I'm gonna wait till the World Cup proper starts and see where my hype levels are. The World Cup demo didn't do much anything different from Fifa 10 to convince me to jump on it asap. Plus I'm still enjoying Fifa 10 alot.

anyone here on xboxlive?? need a challenge!! on Level 25 I think. Need something fresh!!
Radman you a nuiboy 2?? chuuur

Is it me or does World Cup have the worlds most infuriating rubber-band ai?

I think it was really good but I played the demo on the hardest difficulty and I was making good headway.

Ive got it and must say its pretty good. A sign of things to come for FIFA'11

Basically the game will let you put another team to the sword, but suddenly become unbeatable and keep poaching results from you.

The NFL Blitz series is famous for the exact same mechanic.

Latest posts