• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Fifa10

yeah stevo
i only played pes up until fifa08 on x360
i havent gone back to pes since - not until they fix the online
loving be a pro in this - playing for sydney fc and ur country rocks

Apparently this is only £25 in Tesco, for any people in the UK
If only there was a tesco within an hours drive :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Radman @ Oct 3 2009, 10:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I'm getting better, yay!. Won a game, came close in a couple.

Played my best game defensively, kept a guy to 0-0 good player too and he quit on me with 4 to go. Fuuuuuuuuu...I reckon I had him too.

Chip kicking the keeper is still a concern it just seems like an exploit that may need addressing but apart from that I'm liking this game more.[/b]

Yeah, that's what i was saying earlier goalie comes out too far. Also an easy way to score is just a simple cross over. goalie can't do anything. especially in clubs games..it's like an automatic goal.

Been smashing be-a-pro – its amazing

how good is it

i won the a-league with sydney fc

then took up a contract with west ham reserve grade - then after 2 matches in reserves got a call up into the socceroos scored a hat-trick

then after international duties (and a hat-trick on the world scale), i return to west ham to find a spot in the 1sts - scored another hat-trick

now have cemented my spot in westhams attacking mid-field, i disposed of man united, and take the top spot in goals scorers in the premer league

west-ham are sitting in 3rd on the ladder - well poised to take out the league and qualify for the champions league next season (its going to be hard to leave)

can upgrade ur experience points - akl is now a now a 78 overall player, after making his debut for sydney fc reserves at 58 only a season ago

the progress in this prodigy is well n truly shining!!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Oct 2 2009, 01:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
yeah well u cant sprint and turn on a dime of course
but the overall control of your side is up to you, and it works, and its slick
ie there is a lose ball - no longer does the ai pick a guy and start running - nobody will get the ball until the actual user goes and gets it.....so there is no ai assistence, or no were near as much
the overall smoothness of play is epic - flows very well
the main problem i see are free kicks - too easy - i have nailed 4 already from long distances....i'll have more free kicks in a fifa2010 calendar year than i have in my PES career
they finally have australia only rankings
@ 90mins scores tied - players pick if they want
extra time only
extra time and penalties
draw right now
online leagues will be mad fun[/b]
What does this mean?

On the leaderboards you can filter the whole world, friends only and country

So you can see how well you are ranked within the aussie community ie Australian players

In the past Australia never got included so the country filter was pointless for Australians….I am not sure what other countries have been added

So we can now look at our online ranking in Australia.

Not sure if this includes NZ….maybe the kiwis got their own designation, or maybe they are included in australia (you’d hope so, if they didn’t get their own)

Well I suppose I better get this game within a month to keep up with everyone lol!

I never tried 09...still loyal to 08...yep me a few left overs still play 08 online...we must be the end of a dying breed surely.

I never liked 09 cos it was too fast...but I suppose I have to get over my love of 08 slowness and embrace the speed of fifa10. Funny thing it took ages for me to accept the pace of 08 (well there was nothing else to play) and now that I love it I have to change back to a quicker fifa 10 speed....hmmmm...

I'm pretty good offline against the AI but I'm dreadful at this game online, can't win for ****. 1 win and countless losses. Played good defensively in some games and had plenty of opportunities that I couldn't put away, in others my Defence has been torn apart easily, I'm just playing random head to head games and most of my opponents have been very experienced and make me look silly.

Any good tips guys...

I am always about 50% win ratio online
I find I always lose to true purists that use the tactics and change formations
I get smashed by these guys, losing 9-1 and 7-0 is really hard to take
I never change the tactics n things â€" I don’t know what I am doing in soccer, and I guess its my massive downfall especially in tight games

I spose I should take a break from basically learning to play this online and actually experiment with the game more offline before delving into online again. I've only really ever used the basics as well. Still fun even though I am losing. Played more online in a week with this than in a year with 09.

Enough iPhone blabber. I'm getting the PC version tomorrow, and I'm willing to teach you guys the basics the game (I've played every single version since FIFA 01). It's easy once you discover your own style.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Radman @ Oct 8 2009, 03:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I spose I should take a break from basically learning to play this online and actually experiment with the game more offline before delving into online again. I've only really ever used the basics as well. Still fun even though I am losing. Played more online in a week with this than in a year with 09.[/b]
Yeah well it is also best to read the EA Uk community Fifa columns for tips

This game is awesome, started as a mid fielder for the wellington phoenix so far, have had a fairly good season, average rating of 7.5, also got selected for the all whites reserve team and played a game against holland. Its alot of fun created my face onto my player as well just adds to it all.

Spent a ton of time practicing last night and all of a sudden I'm winning games online, yay!.

My prefered difficulty is Profesional to mimic the difficulty I am having online but I'm starting to get on top of that difficulty a bit so I must be improving. Semi is way easier this year.

Lovin it!.

Did any of you guys happen to play against any players today with these name plates: Boldmongoose, saffron_hyena, honeydew_hare, maize_kitten, or Eggshel_Eel? :lol:

Me too. It is so great... Mind you I'm struggling to share equal time between this, madden 10 and Ballad of Gay Tony....

Oh the stress!!

Latest posts