• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Fifa10

Basically the game will let you put another team to the sword, but suddenly become unbeatable and keep poaching results from you.

The NFL Blitz series is famous for the exact same mechanic.

Ahh, I know what you mean now. It's like that in regular Fifa 10 too, maybe not as bad, but tends to be after you get 4-0 up you can't get any more. Even if you'd got those 4 in the first 30mins.

My biggest bug bear so far are the frankly pathetic match squad; for example, the extended England Squad doesn't have Joe Cole or Michael Owen at all (despite Owen actually being mentioned in the pre-match commentary), set there are dozens of players who aren't good enough or have retired from international football (and Theo Walcott). It's disgustingly lazy, especially as the models and stats from Fifa 10 would have done the job. I was playing through the qualifying part of the game yesterday with England and being forced to keep Gerrard on the left wing because there isn't a left midfield in the entire extended England squad.

The next most annoying feature is how 2 players will always pick up an injury at the same time and always take 2-3 times as long as it promises before returning to availability... 4 months injury for a fecking calf strain???

It's absolutely ridiculous.

You would've thought they'd have automatic squad updates over live/PSN, i mean, it's a worldcup game, it should be relevant to the worldcup

You would've thought they'd have automatic squad updates over live/PSN, i mean, it's a worldcup game, it should be relevant to the worldcup

OMG some people are a little stupid / silly. The update is on the way they are just finalising the squads ready for download.

Stupids a bit harsh. He just hadn't fact checked. Good to hear that the update is just around the corner for those with the game.

So Bullitt, would you recommend me buying it? NZ$88 at the moment, but should be down to NZ$65 pretty soon after the cup.

Its logical also (also want to cause some controversy ;) )

Id recommend it, im loving the World Cup scenarios, just unlocked the WC 2006 set and completed them. Can safely say Im enjoying the game. But I do hope they get the squad updates sorted soon.

The point is, they should have included every player from the Fifa 10 roster, so the WC squads can be manually chosen.

If HB could manage it for Rugby 08s WC mode, why the hell can't EA Canada when they have many multiples of the budget and resources (and a perfect fitting database already in place and developed). A squad update to add and remove a few individuals isn't good enough, IMO.

Gameplay wise the game is good enough, but there are too many infuriating ****les for my liking.

Stupids a bit harsh. He just hadn't fact checked. Good to hear that the update is just around the corner for those with the game.

So Bullitt, would you recommend me buying it? NZ$88 at the moment, but should be down to NZ$65 pretty soon after the cup.

Not worth it, try the demo and see for yourself. Wait till Fifa 11.

I flagged it and ordered International Cricket 2010 for 65 NZD off HMV's site, thought it was a bargain and best option since we won't be getting the game officially until October.

Also not I didn't pay anything for it, as I got £37 trade in for AvP, Assasins Creed, Import Tuner Challenge and Mega Drive Collection (PSP), so a pre-owned copy was free.

Perhaps something we can take from this is that the resources that weren't plugged into WC are being plugged into 2012??

There'll be a 2011 first.

Also Radman, not too sure about getting the English version of International Cricket. The last few times I got an overseas version of a PS3 game it wouldn't find people in my region to game with. It'd default to the region where the game was from, so you'd in that case end up playing English people at IC 2010, which would be slower.

Any idea if that'd be the case with this?

I'd suspect that the game was being made on a small budget so assume they won't be changing anything for downunder. The English version is the final version I reckon and we'll just get a cover slip change. So Online shouldn't be any different between the two versions, but I will do some research and questioning and get back to you on it in the appropriate thread.

I'd suspect that the game was being made on a small budget so assume they won't be changing anything for downunder. The English version is the final version I reckon and we'll just get a cover slip change. So Online shouldn't be any different between the two versions, but I will do some research and questioning and get back to you on it in the appropriate thread.

Yeah please do, it's something I'd be a bit worried about. I've had it happen with Tiger Woods '08 , and several games that I downloaded from the US PSN store (High Velocity Bowling and 1943). They defaulted to those overseas servers in the region where the game came from. The Tiger Woods one was Japanese.

It is a Pal game so I don't think they'd need to change anything to get it working here. It should be the final version that is released around the world.

I don't think they'd go to any trouble to lock out a UK pal version to anyone overseas in pal territories just because the game is being released here a lot later.

Surely the cover will be the only thing to change when it is released downunder.

Last edited:
It is a Pal game so I don't think they'd need to change anything to get it working here. It should be the final version that is released around the world.

I don't think they'd go to any trouble to lock out a UK pal version to anyone overseas in pal territories just because the game is being released here a lot later.

Surely the cover will be the only thing to change when it is released downunder.

No they won't lock out PAL users as the PS3 games are region free. It's just that a hell of a lot more games than I thought tend to lock out other regions for online gaming. Obviously I may have only run into this problem due to these ***les I'm referring to being from the US and the other from Japan. Even then, they don't lock you out. They just make it that when you go to quick link up a game it defaults to the region the game came from.

Umm, sorry about taking this away from Fifa for a little while guys.

Was one of the games when i first bought the xbox360 i wanted. I wasn't disappointed quite fun to play especially the lounge mode where you can play any team against any team and generally have a laugh.

Latest posts