• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

first glance at Rugby 08

P

paco1

Just played it for the 1st time. It is unfair to say that is 06 repackaged. It has new features amd improved gameplay, and slight improvement in graphics too.

However its seems that it was taken from the oven way befored it was fully cooked.

Challenge mode its a great idea, but without historical kits and rosters, it is completely tasteless.

Come on! i was too much trouble, to at least sacrifice 10 matchhes of this feature for the taste of playing the real NZ 87`team, with kirwan, Michael Jones, or Buck Shelford??

I just don`t get it.

Any chancve of EA Spots, realising and update???

It is likely that when the game editor is released and the real patching starts, i will submit some kits and rosters for exactly the thing you are talking about. Apparently, you might be able to change the actual challenges (teams) as well.

getting proper licesening for the past players is a huge problem according to ea. they have to get rights from each individual and it would proabbly cost even EA too much money to realistically do

True, for example to get Michael Lynagh the old Aussie first-five, they have to approcah him and get him to sign to appear in the game, and offer him no money. Thats right, ask him to give them naming rights for that game, for nothing.

Mr Lynagh would realise that we are living in an age where many people are paid to appear in such things (i.e modern players paid by their unions, it's part of their agreement with their national union) and he'd probably say "No money? Thats zero dollars right?.....Stuff off".

Now multiply the problem, by about 1000.

Well then why not chuck in players and give them pseudonyms like B.Shitford, or M.Joneses and then throw in a half decent editor so we can change the names ourselves.
Lets face it EA are money hungry pooheads.

Well, yes they are, although not for this reason. HB put a player editor in their Cricket game, because they were allowed to.

The IRB (for World Cup) obviously didn't let them for some reason. It's bullsh*t legal reasons more than bullsh*t EA reasons.

Although as we all know, EA have their fair share of bullsh*t. It seems for every good idea in '08 there's another stuff up waiting to be found.

Well then why not chuck in players and give them pseudonyms like B.Shitford, or M.Joneses and then throw in a half decent editor so we can change the names ourselves.
Lets face it EA are money hungry pooheads.
[/b]

Totally agree with you. EA disn`t seem to make an effort to historically recreate these matches. Not even the kits.

Now , I have a question: Can you edit the teams challenge mode, without editing the teams of the other tournaments?
Example: I edit NZ`87 for the Challenge mode. Then i want to play RWC2007 or Tri Nations and I have Kirwan Shelford, ect??

Hey, Samoa are great; its my second team for this RWC

Paquirri

thats not a bad question. i am going to work out to see if its possible to have different teams that way...

ill get back to you after my holiday :)

Latest posts