• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

First Trailer for RWC 2011 - NOW LIVE!

Dare I suggest you watch the trailer of RWC2011 again? Around the 0.41 mark should make particularly interesting viewing.

I understand what your saying, but it was new tech at the time. There is a problem with allowing HB studious 4 years with the xbox360 to get back up to speed .... We will be playing on a newer console in 4 years. But lets not worry about that, HB should have caught up with things by 2019.

Do you only read specific things or do you just only take into account what you want and not read beyond that? I think you'll find I said more than just that. Don't try an argue an invalid point against an argument you are clearly not even read. /facepalm

Hb I never comment on this forum but am always on here checking for new info and watched the trailer as soon as it came out. The trailer made me extremely disappointed and I am sure you know from the reaction whatever was shown was a big mistake.

I have waited for 4 years like many people on this forum and I play 08 often. I was one of the people that before this game and RC was announced would have been happy with 08 with better graphics on 360. I thought when this game arrived I would be treated to either 08 with better graphics or better. Now every announcement I am getting more and more disappointed because as far as I and your entire fan base know it's worse. You said yourself lots of the animations were the same and the way the passing was done was the same, but the amount you have taken out of the game is what I don't understand. I have read comments on people saying well 08 was a great game if this is the same then so what it's on next gen consoles. Well I loved playing the 6 nations on 08, I loved playing as my favourite club if it's the same I could look forward to that but I can't.

I understand that the game cannot be as bad as everyone is saying and this is why I plea with you get something out asap before the demo showing a whole game or half or anything showing what you have new, don't try and make it look pretty with snapshots of dives ect. show a proper gameplay video. I don't want anyone to tell me well the demo will show you that best, a lot of my friends and have preordered RC after the trailer was showed now I think that's going to happen with a lot more people, to prevent this from happening any more you need to give answers not just say we all sound like a broken record.

Hope you do something fast I for one would be forever grateful.

Last edited:
Ah the old classic. You sir deserve a very special prize.

But seriously, take all the points I made to you on board. This game will still be good fun to play, even if it doesn't have the depth of previous games, the rucking, defence, kicking, and general graphics have been improved. All you have shown is how little you know about how the games industry, and business in general, works. To put things simply, HB have had competition in the marketplace, lost a publisher (and with it, their funding and therefore access to the licences they held), and therefore have not had the resources to create an entirely new dynamic animation system such as you see in the FIFA series. I don't really know what you expected from this game but clearly it was way too much.

Finally, that comment was all your intelligence deserved. If you don't understand that the developer cannot do any more on their budget, and they are the experts on how to develop rugby games, not you, then I suggest you take your trollself somewhere else.

To be honest, I think in this situation Rugby Challenge is at an advantage with never having made a rugby game before.

Rugby 06 and 08 were decent games but not decent enough to last 5 years. I now play Rugby 08 and get rather annoyed at all the problems with it and I don't enjoy playing it at all, anymore. With RWC 2011, the rucks and pick and goes are definitely a big step in the right direction but with the rest of the game unchanged, I don't know how long it will be before I get sick of it again (it will just feel too much like Rugby 08 with a lot of the same problems). With the lack of game modes, playing this for 2-4 years before the next release (if there is a next release) will be pushing it a bit.
In saying that, if HB can build on this and by 2015 give us a game with improved animations and setpieces, I'd say the game would start looking extremely good.

Even if the Rugby Challenge gameplay is worse, over the next couple of years I'm much more likely to enjoy playing RC for a lengthy period of time due to the different feel that the game will have. It will just be so refreshing to have a change. If they can continue to improve it a decent amount every couple of years then I can see myself playing it and enjoying it for a long time.

Do you only read specific things or do you just only take into account what you want and not read beyond that? I think you'll find I said more than just that. Don't try an argue an invalid point against an argument you are clearly not even read. /facepalm

You questioned where I had seen 20+ players all chasing the ball. I did what any decent person would do and provided you with the information you needed. What did you think of the trailer? I assume its the first time you had seen it.

But seriously, take all the points I made to you on board. This game will still be good fun to play, even if it doesn't have the depth of previous games, the rucking, defence, kicking, and general graphics have been improved. All you have shown is how little you know about how the games industry, and business in general, works. To put things simply, HB have had competition in the marketplace, lost a publisher (and with it, their funding and therefore access to the licences they held), and therefore have not had the resources to create an entirely new dynamic animation system such as you see in the FIFA series. I don't really know what you expected from this game but clearly it was way too much.

Finally, that comment was all your intelligence deserved. If you don't understand that the developer cannot do any more on their budget, and they are the experts on how to develop rugby games, not you, then I suggest you take your trollself somewhere else.

You make far too many assumptions based on little to no evidence at all in that post.

1/10 Must try harder.

To be honest, I think in this situation Rugby Challenge is at an advantage with never having made a rugby game before.

Rugby 06 and 08 were decent games but not decent enough to last 5 years. I now play Rugby 08 and get rather annoyed at all the problems with it and I don't enjoy playing it at all, anymore. With RWC 2011, the rucks and pick and goes are definitely a big step in the right direction but with the rest of the game unchanged, I don't know how long it will be before I get sick of it again (it will just feel too much like Rugby 08 with a lot of the same problems). With the lack of game modes, playing this for 2-4 years before the next release (if there is a next release) will be pushing it a bit.
In saying that, if HB can build on this and by 2015 give us a game with improved animations and setpieces, I'd say the game would start looking extremely good.

Even if the Rugby Challenge gameplay is worse, over the next couple of years I'm much more likely to enjoy playing RC for a lengthy period of time due to the different feel that the game will have. It will just be so refreshing to have a change. If they can continue to improve it a decent amount every couple of years then I can see myself playing it and enjoying it for a long time.

You do make an interesting point there, did read somewhere that Sidhe aren't planning on making another Rugby ***le soon though. Dont think they've decided that for def yet though. Interestingly though, rewatched the RC trailer earlier, did notice that a few animations came from the Rugby League series (as is to be expected), funny that no-one is up in arms about that...

very very disapointed. looks exactly like the re-run of 08 i was hoping it wouldnt be.

rugby challenge looks far better

i have to say im pretty shocked at the trailer....
iv been following RC and RWC for months now and i have to say..... Im getting RC over WC any day of the week, theres overe 90 teams and you can creat and customise players teams and tournaments! But it seems like you cant customise anything exept team selection. I understand about the outdated kits and im not worried about that but im worried that this will be Rugby 08 on a Xbox 360 and PS3. I saw some leeked footage of Rugby Challenge and i have to say i was pretty happy, its not perfect but miles better than rugby 08. Rugby World Cup has far more publisity, mostly in the NH but they have to use that into making an unbeliveable game!
Id say Rugby Challenge is the closes think to Fifa and that Rugby World Cup is closer to Pro Evo

Funny that sidhe will probably never make another rugby game as there heading towards downloadable ***les (which there very good at) and with all the *****ing and moaning and complaining HB will probably say bugger you union fans and never make a rugby game again (not likely but would teach people a lesson). 2 Trailers have been released and people seem to know exactly how they play and are disappointed about this that and the other without actually playing any of them. Never mind we've all been complaining its been 4 years since the last rugby ***le. Should be more greatful!. The first rugby games on ps3/xbox will always be the worse ones. It will get better from here but we all need to buy the game first and foremost so it's financially viable to make more!. Low sales equals stuff all rugby games in the future, and more *****ing about no games again.

You make far too many assumptions based on little to no evidence at all in that post.

1/10 Must try harder.

Infact I have seen the trailer a lot and I must say it is a terrible game trailer and contains nothing but footage, no text or voice over or anything. But what I am saying and have stated before is that you cannot judge a game like you are just from a game trailer and a few screen shots. Your saying the game is terrible but you don't know that..

You questioned where I had seen 20+ players all chasing the ball. I did what any decent person would do and provided you with the information you needed. What did you think of the trailer? I assume its the first time you had seen it.

Infact I have seen the trailer a lot and I must say it is a terrible game trailer and contains nothing but footage, no text or voice over or anything. But what I am saying and have stated before is that you cannot judge a game like you are just from a game trailer and a few screen shots. Your saying the game is terrible but you don't know that..

Very Limited, Very Similar To Rugby 08... Everybody runs Behind The ball...There Are new tackles but there falling animations are similar to the ones in Rugby 08 eventhough we shouldn't comment without having played the demo... Such as rugby 08 it might just amaze us.

Hope its better than Rugby Challenge... PLEASE
Chuck Norris Approved.jpg

Very Limited, Very Similar To Rugby 08... Everybody runs Behind The ball...There Are new tackles but there falling animations are similar to the ones in Rugby 08 eventhough we shouldn't comment without having played the demo... Such as rugby 08 it might just amaze us.

Hope its better than Rugby Challenge... PLEASE
View attachment 1059

Wanna play the demo?? Just trawl through your basement, beneath your A-Track casettes and your grandfathers vinyl records and insert rugby08 into your PS2!!! Coz thats right you cant even play Rugby08 on PS3!!!!!!!!!!! Demo released already***

Cardiff Blues vs Gloucester :) from the EDF Anglo-Welsh Cup final in 2009.

I think I remember watching that game, Blues demolished them didn't they? Leigh Halfpenny setting up and scoring that try I believe! Very good player.

I think I remember watching that game, Blues demolished them didn't they? Leigh Halfpenny setting up and scoring that try I believe! Very good player.
Yeah won 50 - 12 :D Halfpenny had a cracker, scored 2 great tries. Nicky Robinson was great in that game too :( I miss him, wish he was coming back to the Blues and not to Wasps. Could do with him instead of Dan Parks...

Latest posts