• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

First Trailer for RWC 2011 - NOW LIVE!

exactly Mario, I know you guys have changed a bit in your game, its just a feeling I have got from the trailor and the video i have seen. But dont worry you will still get my money, love supporting NZ, and NZ gaming is definatly worth supporting. And you guys are just around the corner from my work (currently) so I feel like its even more local.

I am worried about both games, but in the end it will come to game play. And the fact that RC has ITM cup and other comps it might keep me busy for even longer it might be that that wins out. I still have rugby 08 on my PC if i want to play it. Though I will have to install it again.

Pathetic to say the least...'Buying both games' is very irrelevent to a lot of peoople now I'm sure!!! I will be renting this game at the very best!

But you also have nothing to complain about and that's what he's asking you to stop doing.
We are not complaining, we are criticizing,every developer needs that....and that said,this was a very POOR effort.....hope everything goes uphill from here regarding the demo and gameplay,highly doubt it though

Last edited by a moderator:
I've said this a few times but we have nothing to be grateful for, it isn't charity! Anyway, I would gladly praise HB if the demo turns out to be really good, let's just wait and see then.

More chances of pigs flying than you praising a HB product.

I get the feeling that the demo could be the greatest thing known to man, and you'd get people ripping it

The so called goons are the ones who contribute to the RWC'11 section and RC section only, but then its easy for the newbies to come here and take a pop at staff and others because they are open minded about RWC'11 and put the spiel out that 'the TRF partnership' / staff are window lickers. If people have had their say about how rubbish the game is going to be / not going to purchase why do they continuously carry on posting in the RWC section?

Just remember this forum is about Rugby and not just about games ... or have people seemingly forgotten that? Be nice to see people contribute to other areas of the site.

Ive been a member of this forum for about 6 years. I joined to discuss rubgy gaming, as this is and was the best place for it. While
I frequently read other sections of the forum, I do not often post. I dont feel like I have anything to contribute in that area.
Does this make me a goon for only contributing in RC and RWC11?

These days, arent people required to join in order to view gaming content?

Ive been a member of this forum for about 6 years. I joined to discuss rubgy gaming, as this is and was the best place for it. While
I frequently read other sections of the forum, I do not often post. I dont feel like I have anything to contribute in that area.
Does this make me a goon for only contributing in RC and RWC11?

These days, arent people required to join in order to view gaming content?

Yes I am in the same boat as you, I played rugby since I was 5 until injury at 23 (now at 33 play football) don't contribute to the other forums and don't appreciate being referred to as a goon.

You guys just trailer'd yourself out of many a sale. This looks POOR. Same *rubbish* diving mechanics? Everyone running after the ball carrier?

Yeah, you're right, they look like Rugby 06 tackles that got recycled into Rugby 08 and then recycled again into Rugby World Cup 2011.

I am just disappointed... There is no other word for this feeling right now, after waiting four years and lurking on this forum since the announced partnership with therugbyforum, I am just disappointed... Thank you for crushing our dreams you cruel cruel people. Just give up your jobs as you aren't very good at it.

"just give up your jobs as you aren't very good at it" what a moronic statement, sounds like an over-indulged little boy that's probably never worked a hard days worth in his life... I don't see 100's of other people like yourself putting their money were their mouth is and financing, organizing, researching, designing and producing a company that will create the type of rugby video game that lives up to you ever-so-special perfection? or is your allowance too low?

"just give up your jobs as you aren't very good at it" what a moronic statement, sounds like an over-indulged little boy that's probably never worked a hard days worth in his life... I don't see 100's of other people like yourself putting their money were their mouth is and financing, organizing, researching, designing and producing a company that will create the type of rugby video game that lives up to you ever-so-special perfection? or is your allowance too low?

Exactly. Watch what happens if Sidhe's for some reason don't make another rugby game (not saying that'll happen, but still) and HB were so burned by this experience that they didn't want to make one either. All of a sudden people would be "upset", "gutted", "desperate" for a new rugby game, but wouldn't be able to get one as no-one would be making one.

People don't seem to realise that getting a rugby game to play well is the hardest part to get right. If people spend all their time and resources on licensing, graphics, franchise modes and editing features, it doesn't leave a lot of resources on core gameplay mechanics, something HB have had experience improving in rugby and they've produced the best to date.

I'd love Sidhe to produce an amazing game, I really hope that happens, but they haven't produced an "amazing" Rugby League game yet in my opinion. The best they've managed is "okay" or "acceptable". If they do then it'll possibly be a huge success for Sidhe and good on them. If they don't, I'll play a lot more of the fun, competitive and playable game.

Even then it'll be the success of an amazing effort Vs a good try. Not an amazing effort vs complete and utter crap as some are making it out.

I've heard some absolute rubbish from this fanboyism. I'm not big on the term fanboyism, but when Rugby Challenge supporters go to the extent of calling the graphics the level of Fifa '98 or other PS1 games, or even saying the graphics are PS2 level, they are just going for hyperbole and ZERO substance.

Basically the graphics and animations of this Rugby game appear at this stage to be of the level of '09 PS3 and Xbox games of similar budgets. That's being fair, not ridiculous. I'm willing to accept that, as there is a whole lot more that goes into making a game play well.

The timing of passes in animation cycles, how well tackles interrupt attackers animations. How easy it is to organise a solid defence. How well you can create a good attacking play. How well the kicking functions as a legitmate and fair video game contest (not having the ball break ridiculous ways or bobbling around so you can't pick it up etc. How well the contest feels "legitimate" at breakdowns. How lost in the game itself you get with a mate when playing as opposed to complaining about "hey that wasn't fair the animation slid sideways a few frames" and other problems.

We don't know a lot even now. You guys can have style and flair, I'll have substance. If that comes from both Sidhe and HB, then all the better for me.

I'm not into stabbing people in the back for trying to do something to create for my sport, whether they succeed or fail. They both want money, they both are trying and both don't deserve this kind of childish feedback.

I agree wholeheartedly.

At the end of the day, HB have made the best rugby games to date. Mario has said himself that sidhe would gladly take the underdog status, and probably deserve that as their league games have not been nearly (in my opinion) as good as HBs union games in terms of playability. They haven't been awful, but they definitely aren't as good. So really, we all know barring something catastrophic, that RWC will be better than 08.. RC has yet to prove that it is better than 08 yet, we have nothing to go by.

I have pre-ordered RC (extra 50% credit when you trade in at EB, and have yet to preorder RWC. I am definitely getting both however... It seems RC is getting the majority of the support on the back of fantastic presentation/marketing, whereas RWC is missing out on the back of nearly awful marketing. Everyone writing RWC off (and likewise hailing RC as the greatest thing since chatter-rings... ok, bad analogy) are jumping the gun a bit. Just wait and see, lest you look like an idiot later on. And there is nothing worse than looking like an idiot on the internet.

Game developers don't work for us, they owe us nothing and we owe them nothing. They decide to release a game, and for some reason get criticised. If you don't like it, don't buy it.

If the game comes out and you think they haven't done enough for you in particular, then blame the fact that rugby is not a mainstream video game sport and not the developers.

EA often get ripped because they have a massive budget, a bit like activision and they just turn out the same game for a number of years and don't really use the budget properly.

for the love of rugby...
i think its a crime when you go to work and all you can think about is the rugby games coming out... lol i almost burnt my self with the welder .... i was just about to score a try ... cant wait to see for myself. :)
lets just all have a fight and be done with it :)

:lol:

Seriously amo... Where are you right now? I mean headspace-wise, not physicalspace-wise.

hehehe i just like it when we all happy ... and hey if thats at my expense ... sweet as.
as for where am i ... hmmmmm still thinking about that one. :)
are you excited to play the demo kaftka?

I am indeed. It's on easy though so will probably last about an hour or so before I get sick of it. Hopefully enough to test out the defense and rucking features though.

I'm glad some seem to agree, after all my point is why are people slagging one ***le or other off? If there was ever proof that the internet turned into the haternet a while back it's something like whats been going on lately here.

It's almost as if these same people would watch a car or horse race and the one that finishes second is suddenly the worst thing that ever took to the track. Just because one thing appears to be better (just visually at this stage), it doesn't mean that the competition is absolute rubbish. I suppose I better keep saying - I hope RC does play extremely well (in case I get labelled an RC hater).

We as consumers have wanted some rugby, any rugby for a while now. Now we get two and some of us are eager to declare war over which one they love the most. I'm sure people aren't as petty as this in their real lives over who takes the best lunch to work and such are they?

ummm i dont know i have this little asian guy who keeps staring at my lunch ...... :)
but yes i agree . i cant wait for the demo.. im happy we have two games coming out.
.now please ive been asking this question for ages and now that i know some ones online
can you please answer this question.
trfc a iversen is a first team starter..
kaftka is a captain of the reserves...
and im awaiting judgment...
by who and what is being judged? do i have to send in some videos of me playing rugby?..

sorry ... my speaking is no good. i dont have any training in paragraphs and fulll stops and oh... computers. :)

ummm i dont know i have this little asian guy who keeps staring at my lunch ...... :)
but yes i agree . i cant wait for the demo.. im happy we have two games coming out.
.now please ive been asking this question for ages and now that i know some ones online
can you please answer this question.
trfc a iversen is a first team starter..
kaftka is a captain of the reserves...
and im awaiting judgment...
by who and what is being judged? do i have to send in some videos of me playing rugby?..

sorry ... my speaking is no good. i dont have any training in paragraphs and fulll stops and oh... computers. :)

Lol, I'm happy to be a first team starter, but I'm sure kaftka qualifies too (he's been here since before me). :)

So, what kind of judgement are you awaiting? From what I can see so far, your crazy enough about rugby to go in my starting line-up when I create a ficitional All Blacks team (with the editor in RWC2011) and maybe in my created team for RC too.

YESSSSS!!!!!!!! i feel a great sense of pride :) im sure i wont let you down... well i guess that depends if your any good at games :) ohhh sounds like a good match online.
hmmmm so it goes on how long youve been here.
and yeah it says amo is awaiting judgment or it says awaiting judgment.

dang it i mean... amo requires judgment. (under my name)

Latest posts