• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Flannery also out?

Ford's throwing steadily improved towards the end of the season.

He's far more dynamic in the loose than Best, he's fast, got great hands, he's an absolutley huge unit too. Whereas Best...well, Best's just fat.

Sucks for Flannary, but on the plus side ate least we won't be taking him, his crappy lineouts or uncanny nack of giving penalties away.

At this rate by the time the first game kicks off we could be down to a 2nd lions XV

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ May 21 2009, 10:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Sucks for Flannary, but on the plus side ate least we won't be taking him, his crappy lineouts or uncanny nack of giving penalties away.[/b]

as opposed to Mears who's squeaky clean or Rees who again cannot hit a cow's arse with a banjo and as for Flannery's lineout throwing it's by far the best out of any of the available hookers.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ May 21 2009, 10:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Tis a bit like being the "hottest fat chick" though, that moniker.[/b]

still though given the choice you're not gonna go for the minger in the corner.

2 possible starters gone in one day? Next thing BOD, Fitzgerald and Croft'll get injured on saturday.

But Harry Ellis won't. Because he'll be on the bench.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shtove @ May 21 2009, 12:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (g6mcg @ May 21 2009, 10:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
With huge bias I'm going with Ford.

At this rate this could be the highest Scots representation in years![/b]
More Scots? The Lions need more England wors munchers! Good players overlooked, right on form.
[/b][/quote]

No no no, I just want more English players so I can see a big fight on the field. Don't get me wrong here, my mind is firmly in the gutter on this matter. Hartley would be brilliant in this role as he explodes regardless of the situation. I heard he trashed his flat in a fit of rage when he was given a pair of Nike trainers for his birthday which were one size too big. He doesn't take dissapointment very well..

In all seriousness though, I think Ford would be the perfect replacement as Scotland's front row was one of the few things to shout about over the last 12 months.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ May 21 2009, 12:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shtove @ May 21 2009, 12:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (g6mcg @ May 21 2009, 10:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
With huge bias I'm going with Ford.

At this rate this could be the highest Scots representation in years![/b]
More Scots? The Lions need more England wors munchers! Good players overlooked, right on form.
[/b][/quote]

No no no, I just want more English players so I can see a big fight on the field. Don't get me wrong here, my mind is firmly in the gutter on this matter. Hartley would be brilliant in this role as he explodes regardless of the situation. I heard he trashed his flat in a fit of rage when he was given a pair of Nike trainers for his birthday which were one size too big. He doesn't take dissapointment very well..

In all seriousness though, I think Ford would be the perfect replacement as Scotland's front row was one of the few things to shout about over the last 12 months.
[/b][/quote]

Exactly what I was thinking as our scrum raced backwards against the French...

To be fair, that's cause Al Dickinson can't scrum. Was much better when Moray Low come on.

Special circumstances due to lack of talent in certain positions. Even the best front rows can be crippled if one of the three suddenly vanish only to be replaced by a part-time doctor who likes knocking themselves out in mid-air collisions..

Geoff Cross can actually scrum, shame we never really got to see it after he decided he was going to run very fast at Lee Bryne's knee with his face...

Al Dickinson is a decent player, just his scrum technique is kinda poor for an international. It's just a shame that Al Jacobson got injured, when it's Chunk, Ford and Murray our scrum is up there with the best of them.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (edinburgh_gunner @ May 21 2009, 05:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Geoff Cross can actually scrum, shame we never really got to see it after he decided he was going to run very fast at Lee Bryne's knee with his face...

Al Dickinson is a decent player, just his scrum technique is kinda poor for an international. It's just a shame that Al Jacobson got injured, when it's Chunk, Ford and Murray our scrum is up there with the best of them.[/b]

The real shame is that Hadden decided a loosedhead, who is not renowned for his scrummaging, would be the perfect man to take on France...at tighthead.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (g6mcg @ May 21 2009, 06:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (edinburgh_gunner @ May 21 2009, 05:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Al Dickinson is a decent player, just his scrum technique is kinda poor for an international. It's just a shame that Al Jacobson got injured, when it's Chunk, Ford and Murray our scrum is up there with the best of them.[/b]

The real shame is that Hadden decided a loosedhead, who is not renowned for his scrummaging, would be the perfect man to take on France...at tighthead.
[/b][/quote]

That's haddock is an Arse. Murray Low was great when he came on!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ May 21 2009, 05:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Special circumstances due to lack of talent in certain positions. Even the best front rows can be crippled if one of the three suddenly vanish only to be replaced by a part-time doctor who likes knocking themselves out in mid-air collisions..[/b]

Jacobsen does some fantastic work in the scrum, and makes some vital yardage at times...but often to no end because it's a turnover. He's not the only one known for it granted, but he's a regular offender.

Obviously I'd like to see Ross Ford in red this summer, what he lacks (and will learn in time) in line-out throwing he makes up for in good work in open play...also he's the most similar to Flannery out of the 2 perspective candidates.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dundeesmiffy @ May 22 2009, 01:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Jacobsen does some fantastic work in the scrum, and makes some vital yardage at times...but often to no end because it's a turnover. He's not the only one known for it granted, but he's a regular offender.[/b]

That's cause his team mates get confused when they see him running in open play. It's a beautiful sight when Chunk is running off down the wing ball in hand!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (edinburgh_gunner @ May 22 2009, 11:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dundeesmiffy @ May 22 2009, 01:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Jacobsen does some fantastic work in the scrum, and makes some vital yardage at times...but often to no end because it's a turnover. He's not the only one known for it granted, but he's a regular offender.[/b]

That's cause his team mates get confused when they see him running in open play. It's a beautiful sight when Chunk is running off down the wing ball in hand!
[/b][/quote]
Tis a beautiful sight...Almost as beautiful as Max Evans ripping Keith Earls to shreds at Firhill....ahhh....

Haha, can you tell I'm a prop?!?

Anyway,

Common sense has prevailed, and Ross Ford has been chosen as a replacement. I don't think there were that many folk outside of Ireland who thought Best was a better choice than Ford - certainly Jim Telfer was behind Ford. Really pleased to see him get selected and should've been part of the original tour.

Now if only we can get some more players injured...

Latest posts