• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Flannery also out?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (edinburgh_gunner @ May 22 2009, 05:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Haha, can you tell I'm a prop?!?

Anyway,

Common sense has prevailed, and Ross Ford has been chosen as a replacement. I don't think there were that many folk outside of Ireland who thought Best was a better choice than Ford - certainly Jim Telfer was behind Ford. Really pleased to see him get selected and should've been part of the original tour.

Now if only we can get some more players injured...[/b]

I was thinking about this...(yes I was drunk/bored/desperate)

and I don't see us benefitting from any more front row injuries
Locks: Erm I doubt it though maybe Jim Hamilton to go with the "big" ethos.
Blindside: Strokers out so probably not
7: Barclay at a long shot
8: Taylor/Hogg/Brown maybe...if many other players get injured
9: YES! Cusiter has to be up there if Ellis goes down
10: Dan Parks is waiting for the call.
Wing: Thom's in with a shout, and possibly Danielli as they do seem to be picking on size though an inability to catch may provbe a slight hinderance.
Centre: The mighy Morrison, "hench" Henderson, devestating Dewey, delightful De Luca, "caged?" (its hard) Cairns. Certainly when Swine flu attacks O'Driscoll, Flutey and Roberts the Scots will be on tour.
15: Mossy! And Crazed Cairns (thats better) is a long shot.

The Scots have done quite well out of this overall actually whilst the Irish have three of their original 14 out.

It's all irrelevant in terms of the strength of the squad of course but it's nice to see Scotland making up a slightly bigger percentage of the squad.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (g6mcg @ May 23 2009, 01:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Wing: possibly Danielli
Centre: The mighy Morrison, "hench" Henderson, devestating Dewey, delightful De Luca, "caged?" (its hard) Cairns.
15: Mossy! And Crazed Cairns (thats better) is a long shot.[/b]

Wow, you were drunk!

Taylor's past it, Hogg is lazy, Brown's not anywhere near a starting XV place for Scotland.
Dan Parks? - I hope that was sarcasim or I'm going to find out where you live and open up a can of whoop ass on you
Morrison, Henderson, Dewey, De Luca - not good enough. Cairns is ok, but a bit small and inexperienced.

The rest I agree with though

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (edinburgh_gunner @ May 23 2009, 01:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (g6mcg @ May 23 2009, 01:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wing: possibly Danielli
Centre: The mighy Morrison, "hench" Henderson, devestating Dewey, delightful De Luca, "caged?" (its hard) Cairns.
15: Mossy! And Crazed Cairns (thats better) is a long shot.[/b]

Wow, you were drunk!

Taylor's past it, Hogg is lazy, Brown's not anywhere near a starting XV place for Scotland.
Dan Parks? - I hope that was sarcasim or I'm going to find out where you live and open up a can of whoop ass on you
Morrison, Henderson, Dewey, De Luca - not good enough. Cairns is ok, but a bit small and inexperienced.

The rest I agree with though
[/b][/quote]

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh - McGeechan may well be browsing these threads, we can create an illusion for him ;)

Do you not recognise Dan Parks as the worlds best flyhalf, possibly even player (though I think Chunk would edge him - well better passing anyway!)

When us mere mortals watch Dan Parks we may ask; why has the git just kicked it away again?

How on earth has he become the worlds best before being told kicking the ball at a height so that worms are at risk may lead to charge downs?

Why doesn't he pass it? (The answer is he usually had Henderson outside so it was largely pointless -kick it away or lose it)

What we should say is:

What a fantastic pass, picking out the run perfectly!

What a great kick, they'll be pinned in their own half now!

What an unusual technique! But how effective! Kicking under the charging players (who always jump) is to my mind the work of genius

And the reason we don't?

His teamates.

If the opposition can run onto the passes at pace why can't ours?

Why can't we stick 'em in their own half (Munster can do it)

And for the last one it is because we lack the perceptive skills.

THIS IS WHY SCOTLAND WILL NEVER WIN! ANYTHING! NOT EVEN A PENALTY!

(Yes I am very drunk, I apologise for the spelling)

Latest posts