• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

For the Fatties...

Nice article. And have to agree with most of it, besides him underestemating Sheridan a bit.

I thought he was a tad harsh on Hartley, I always thought he was coming along quite well. He's a big fan of Sheridan, Cole and Wilson but its good to see an article in detail like that.

Looking forward to the second row issue soon.

A Tad harsh i think its extremely harsh. Hartley has a great work effort for a hooker and i think he is dynamic and strong so i think the reporter could just back off

Interesting (especially as I know absolutely nothing about the technicalities of the front row)

Nice find.

As above, good little article that!

I'd have
1. Stevens
2. Hartley
3. Cole

16. Thompson
17. Corbisiero

R. Chuter
R. Sheridan

However I think we'll see:
1. Sheridan
2. Hartley
3. Cole

16. Thompson
17. Stevens

R. Chuter
R. Corbisiero

I'd have
1. Stevens
2. Hartley
3. Cole

16. Thompson
17. Corbisiero

R. Chuter
R. Sheridan

1. Sheridan
2. Hartley
3. Cole

16. Thompson
17. Stevens

R. Chuter
R. Corbisiero

Why Chuter, doesn't add much at all, I'd still rather have Mears in the squad? And why wouldn't you play Sheridan the guys a beast in the scrum and in the loose?

I'd have
1. Stevens
2. Hartley
3. Cole

16. Thompson
17. Corbisiero

R. Chuter
R. Sheridan

1. Sheridan
2. Hartley
3. Cole

16. Thompson
17. Stevens

R. Chuter
R. Corbisiero

The fact you wouldn't have Sheridan makes me want to gouge out my own eyeballs.

Why Chuter, doesn't add much at all, I'd still rather have Mears in the squad? And why wouldn't you play Sheridan the guys a beast in the scrum and in the loose?
I wouldn't want Mears or Chuter to be honest, but Chuter is the lesser of two evils
The fact you wouldn't have Sheridan makes me want to gouge out my own eyeballs.

Sheridan is poor in the scrum - how a prop performs in the scrum is more important than in the loose - Corbisiero and Stevens are competent in the loose anyway, and both better scrummagers

I wouldn't want Mears or Chuter to be honest, but Chuter is the lesser of two evils

Sheridan is poor in the scrum - how a prop performs in the scrum is more important than in the loose - Corbisiero and Stevens are competent in the loose anyway, and both better scrummagers

Matter of opinion. Luckily Im an experienced prop so unless you've played prop for Leicester Academy my opion trumps yours. :p

Just to clarify I played a few trial games (in full kit) at oval park but got the standard rejection letter :(

Stevens is a better scrummager than Sheridan and equits himself well in the loose.

Agree about Hartley at 16 and a half stone he's not a good carrier. Of course it would be different if he had the speed of Strauss or strength of Servat.

Latest posts