• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

France v Wales

France were fantastic and if Wales had won it at the end they would have been robbed. It's a shame France only pull these performances out of the bag occasionally - they'll probably lose at Twickenham just to make up for it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SmokeyMonkey @ Feb 28 2009, 01:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Feb 28 2009, 11:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well even if we do put up a score today, likelihood is you'll do the same against Italy and to be honest I see our game being as close as last night's so the championship is more than on for Wales.[/b]

Hopefully results go the right way so that it only comes down to winner/loser of the last game, no points difference ****, I think we both hate that. And hats off to France they needed to step up and step up they did. We were pretty much shut down in the second half. :bravo: Also with that game it looks like Friday night is here to stay.
[/b][/quote]

well for Wales to win the championship it's likely to come down to points difference either between ourselves or the French.

Yeh, one day on and I'm still gutted. Bloody Henson going for glory... And Goddamnit, it's CEDRIC HEYMANS! NOT VINCENT CLERC! And how the hell did we let Heymans get that try? If we stood our ground there would've been no way he'd have got over. :(

I think every welsh person is still stinging slightly today.

However its a positive that we finally believe we can go to France and win. Long may it continue. Welsh rugby finally is becoming aiming higher even after a hard fought loss and that is important going forward. How we react to the loss now will really show if Wales have turned a corner.

good match, am a bit annoyed that we threw away a 13 - 3 lead, but we've done it before - last time we were in Paris we went 14 - 0 up in the first 10 mins or so with tries from Popham and Shanklin, and we lost something like 32 - 21.
Wales do have a long way to go to being a dominant side in world rugby, and this really highlighted it. For the first time in a while, we looked confused as ouyr tactics crumbled to pieces. I thought Gatland would change the loose kicks strategy well before the match, because th simple fact is - the French back 3 can score/set up tries from anywhere and everywhere. Apparently not though...
I thought the Referee was bad all round - missing 2 Yellows on Shanklin and Ryan Jones - ones that would easily have been given by a different ref, and missed a lot of forward passes :huh: what is it with the French and pulling forward passes off? The barging at the line out at the end annoyed me too, since it was pretty obvious that the French team didn;t give a monkeys arse about giving away penalties, and the just tried to do anything to stop us scoring. Guess it worked. Ah well, I've got no real complaints though, since if Wales had been 21 - 16 up at last play with the french trying to score, they';d have done exactly the same.
All I can really say though is, Paris is ALWAYS hard, even peobably the greatest Welsh side ever, containing the likes of Phil Bennett, Gareth Edwards, JPR and other greats always struggled out there, and rarely won. Championship hopes are still alive, and we're more than capable of beating Ireland at home, though it'll be hard.

Latest posts