• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

French Squad to face Italy

E

erwanseb

Avants (12): Barcella (Auch), Poux (Stade Toulousain), Mas (Perpignan), Guirado (Perpignan), Szarzewski (Stade Français), Nallet (Castres), Thion (Biarritz), Papé (Stade Français), Diarra (Montauban), Picamoles (Montpellier), Ouedraogo (Montpellier), Harinordoquy (Biarritz)

Arrières (10): Yachvili (Biarritz), Tomas (Montpellier), Trinh-Duc (Montpellier), Jauzion (Stade Toulousain), Traille (Biarritz), David (Bourgoin), Malzieu (Clermont), Floch (Clermont), Rougerie (Clermont), Clerc (Stade Toulousain).

5 new caps: Barcella, Guirado , Diarra , Tomas, David

Avants (12): Barcella (Auch), Poux (Stade Toulousain), Mas (Perpignan), Guirado (Perpignan), Szarzewski (Stade Français), Nallet (Castres), Thion (Biarritz), Papé (Stade Français), Diarra (Montauban), Picamoles (Montpellier), Ouedraogo (Montpellier), Harinordoquy (Biarritz)

Arrières (10): Yachvili (Biarritz), Tomas (Montpellier), Trinh-Duc (Montpellier), Jauzion (Stade Toulousain), Traille (Biarritz), David (Bourgoin), Malzieu (Clermont), Floch (Clermont), Rougerie (Clermont), Clerc (Stade Toulousain).

5 new caps: Barcella, Guirado , Diarra , Tomas, David

[/b]
Barcella? Diarra? c'mon, whenever these players showed they can play at international level? they're class '83, not young like Tomas, Trinh-Duc, David, Picamoles, Oudreaogo or Guirado

no Dusatoir? no Vermeulen? no Bonnaire? it won't be easy to play against Parisse & Co. with the youngsters (but very very good, I admit) Picamoles and Oudreagogo..

I guess the french staff is underestimating Italy quite a little bit, they're gonna win in any case due to the high quality of the backs but I don't love this way to face a 6N match...

IMO Lievremont and NTamack exactly know what they want. They will mess up a lot with the team and selection in 2008/2009 in order to reach some stability in 2010/2011.

As long as they, unlike Laporte, achieve some stability before the rwc2011, I do not mind too much them trying a lot of new players.

Finally , given that all six 6N games were scheduled simultaneously with the top 14 (unlike standard years where only 2 fixtures are scheduled simultaneously), I suspect there was some kind of agreement with the clubs to draw players from all clubs rather than just the big 4/5 to avoid altering the course of the top 14.

I meant all five 6N games

Am I correct in thinking that Trinh-Duc is the only 10 in that squad? [/b]

Yes. But Traille can play at fly half.

Only one goalkicker in the team too: Yachivili. And as Trinh-Duc will play for sure, why not put his mate Tomas aside him for his debut ?

And I don't think Lievremont & co underrate Italy. It's their logic to make a perpetual turnover, and with the Grand Slam chances now over, this is not so risky... I predict a lot of changes for the Wales's game too: the return of some vital players like Dusautoir, Bonnaire & Heymans, but some new faces again.

I see a french win because of the lot of talent in the back (and Italy's lack of talent in this area) but it's gonna be tough for the forwards.

Of course we don't underestimate Italy.

Just like stillknox, quitre afraid of Italy's front row, which has been quite impressive so far

yeah but losing someone of the class of Bergamasco is going to make France's task a lot more easier

I think this is more of an experimental year for Lievremont, seeing what the young lads can offer so when World cups/summer tests come round he's got the older established players and the young whippersnappers to pick from.
It's essentially what every team should be doing the year after a world cup.
Look at SA after the world cup win, a lot of there world cup superstars were notable by there absence.
Not to call Percy a superstar, quite frankly his style of play makes me sick, but he wasn't in the squad as much, if at all.
This years 6 nations is one for experimenting and that's exactly what Lievremont is doing, I salute him for that.

who are the uncapped? they are good or medium players
even if Lievremont is underrating italy, his backs( Jauzion, Yachvili, Traille, Malzieu, Clerc, Rougerie, Floch)will give him easily the victory :( because they are too much better then ours :( :(

who are the uncapped? they are good or medium players
even if Lievremont is underrating italy, his backs( Jauzion, Yachvili, Traille, Malzieu, Clerc, Rougerie, Floch)will give him easily the victory :( because they are too much better then ours :( :( [/b]

I think Italy can decrease the threat of the French backs thanks to the forwards that could conquer and keep the ball. You can put a lot of pressure on the French scrum and get penalties (justified or not) like the English team shown two weeks ago. The best would be to score before the French team, I don't think that they have the experience to keep their calm (as Laporte team) and they can loose their discipline.

I don't think that the French can win by more than 10 points provided Italy can play tactically well.

<div class='quotemain'> who are the uncapped? they are good or medium players
even if Lievremont is underrating italy, his backs( Jauzion, Yachvili, Traille, Malzieu, Clerc, Rougerie, Floch)will give him easily the victory :( because they are too much better then ours :( :( [/b]

I think Italy can decrease the threat of the French backs thanks to the forwards that could conquer and keep the ball. You can put a lot of pressure on the French scrum and get penalties (justified or not) like the English team shown two weeks ago. The best would be to score before the French team, I don't think that they have the experience to keep their calm (as Laporte team) and they can loose their discipline.

I don't think that the French can win by more than 10 points provided Italy can play tactically well.
[/b][/quote]

I you are right and italy do play tactically well than ireland can win the championship :

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b][/quote]

I you are right and italy do play tactically well than ireland can win the championship : [/b][/quote]

Ireland can win for sure. I don't think France can win even if they win the last two tests. Point difference won't be there.

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b][/quote]

I you are right and italy do play tactically well than ireland can win the championship :
[/b][/quote]

:( :( i hope so, but it would be a miracle because of Mallet's experimentation of the CENTRE Masi at fly half...

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

:( :( i hope so, but it would be a miracle because of Mallet's experimentation of the CENTRE Masi at fly half... [/b][/quote]

I don't understand why he hasn't called Luciano Orquera who's playing quite well with Brives at the moment.

if mallet want to win a match in 6 nations must call Ramiro Pez....unfortunately mallet is crazy and he didn't call pez for the match between the france

if mallet want to win a match in 6 nations must call Ramiro Pez....unfortunately mallet is crazy and he didn't call pez for the match between the france
[/b]

True, Pez is also not a bad kicker (in my opinion) and is already a fly half but Mallet has gone bonkers and decided on Project Change-Masi-From-Centre-To-Half-Back.

I still don't understand how Lionel Beauxis isn't in the team... [/b]

I think Beauxis is out dur to injury. He may play this weekend with the Stade Français versus USA Perpignan. We may see him back in blue jerzeyin November since the Stade Français is very likely to play the Top14 Semi-Final when the France team tour in Australia.

Latest posts