• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Gavin Henson

Originally posted by kaftka@Apr 10 2006, 09:41 PM

So..... Why did you call me a dweeb?
Kathy?

4.jpg

Originally posted by Flamingo@Apr 12 2006, 12:56 PM
no daf tackled him late and kept him down on the floor with his fist in hensons face.... henson got up and sprinted towards the attackive line and hit a perfect angle and great timing thats why, walking back he said thanks daf and went to shake his hand!! so stop trying to get everyone to hate henson u jealous prick
Look, it is written in text that he still did that. Regardless of the situation, which has also supposedly happened to him more than once (take the O'Driscoll "incident" of gouging), I don't think most rugby players would have held out their hand like that. IMO, that strikes me as arrogance which is entirely an opinion of mine. If you don't like that, tough, it's my opinion. Haven't commented on the Evans bit though have we? How convenient...

As for this jealousy, I'll ask you something. Please answer. Where the hell is the slating of the majority of footballer's on here, the NFL players, the rugby players who earn high wage? People don't seem to slag off Carter for his looks, Kelleher for having a hot girlfriend, players who earn a higher wage than Henson, so if they don't slag off people who have a higher status in these fields than Henson, how does that make people jealous of Henson? This goes for SmokeyMonkey as well, who hasn't bothered to reply to my last point. I hope you can give me the honour of a reply though.

And prick is a very kind of you love.

Originally posted by Job@Apr 12 2006, 02:03 PM
Flamingo does have a piont. You make it seem as if Henson is the bad guy. It is true that he isn't on the best of form of late, but he still is good player. Althogh there was no need fotr the media to build up such hype about him. He may not be as good as Carter, but he is still a good player. He is known for his boot, but so is wilkison. So before you all saying how bad he is just think he is known for the same asset as wilkison. There is still a long time for henson to get back on track. Wiether he does or doesn't only time will tell. You must take into consideration that he has been out for eight months, maybe a bit of ring rust is on henson.
But Henson wouldn't be able to score a try like Wilkinson did in the 2002 November match against the All Blacks. He'll never be an outstanding player but will be a good player when he finds some form again.

Originally posted by harrison2468+Apr 13 2006, 05:48 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Flamingo
@Apr 12 2006, 12:56 PM
no daf tackled him late and kept him down on the floor with his fist in hensons face.... henson got up and sprinted towards the attackive line and hit a perfect angle and great timing thats why, walking back he said thanks daf and went to shake his hand!!  so stop trying to get everyone to hate henson u jealous prick
Look, it is written in text that he still did that. Regardless of the situation, which has also supposedly happened to him more than once (take the O'Driscoll "incident" of gouging), I don't think most rugby players would have held out their hand like that. IMO, that strikes me as arrogance which is entirely an opinion of mine. If you don't like that, tough, it's my opinion. Haven't commented on the Evans bit though have we? How convenient...

As for this jealousy, I'll ask you something. Please answer. Where the hell is the slating of the majority of footballer's on here, the NFL players, the rugby players who earn high wage? People don't seem to slag off Carter for his looks, Kelleher for having a hot girlfriend, players who earn a higher wage than Henson, so if they don't slag off people who have a higher status in these fields than Henson, how does that make people jealous of Henson? This goes for SmokeyMonkey as well, who hasn't bothered to reply to my last point. I hope you can give me the honour of a reply though.

And prick is a very kind of you love. [/b]
Because wales have a role model, someone who has owned England before... who do england have? Lawrance '12inch forehead' dallaglio? no therefore you are jealous of Gav!

end of.
And nor problem babe x :p

Your correct about that much, Henson is a role model for Wales.

Wales is full of chavs.

Because wales have a role model, someone who has owned England before... who do england have? Lawrance '12inch forehead' dallaglio? no therefore you are jealous of Gav![/b]

Lawrence has won practically every trophy he has competed for in the NH rugby and the World Cup.

Gavin Henson has won the cdUK: Best Male Celebrity Haircut Of 2005.

no chance of dallaglio winning the best haircut, as you would need a ladder to see the top of his f***ing forehead.

Originally posted by harrison2468 Posted on Apr 12 2006+ 05:48 PM-->
This goes for SmokeyMonkey as well, who hasn't bothered to reply to my last point.[/b]

I'm sorry I don't live in this website...<_<

<!--QuoteBegin-harrison2468 Posted on Apr 12 2006
@ 05:48 PM
People don't seem to slag off Carter for his looks, Kelleher for having a hot girlfriend

So why are you slagging off Henson then? Let's just put it this way, you don't seem to be slagging off any other arrogant rugby players do you? Just the one who has most publicity for things other than rugby.

Originally posted by harrison2468@Apr 12 2006, 06:48 PM
Look, it is written in text that he still did that.  Regardless of the situation, which has also supposedly happened to him more than once (take the O'Driscoll "incident" of gouging), I don't think most rugby players would have held out their hand like that.  IMO, that strikes me as arrogance which is entirely an opinion of mine.  If you don't like that, tough, it's my opinion.  Haven't commented on the Evans bit though have we?  How convenient...

As for this jealousy, I'll ask you something.  Please answer.  Where the hell is the slating of the majority of footballer's on here, the NFL players, the rugby players who earn high wage?  People don't seem to slag off Carter for his looks, Kelleher for having a hot girlfriend, players who earn a higher wage than Henson, so if they don't slag off people who have a higher status in these fields than Henson, how does that make people jealous of Henson?  This goes for SmokeyMonkey as well, who hasn't bothered to reply to my last point.  I hope you can give me the honour of a reply though.

There's a fine line between confidence and arrogance and most will have crossed it a some stage. Anyway you can't really judge his entire character based on one or two incidents in a match situation where the adrenaline is flowing seeing as pretty much everyone will have done things they would not normally do or things they regret duting a match.

And as I've said before people are jealous of Henson because he goes around with the gelled hair, silver boots and whatnot and acts with enough confidence to carry it off and more often than not, he backs up his appearance with his performances. Maybe he doesn't earn as much as some but he is more recognisable which counts for a lot.

Well said el tk :bravo:

And can I just point out that Henson shouldn't go into the Wall of Shame because his career isn't over, and I think that should go for every Nominee.

Originally posted by SmokeyMonkey@Apr 13 2006, 08:15 AM
So why are you slagging off Henson then? Let's just put it this way, you don't seem to be slagging off any other arrogant rugby players do you? Just the one who has most publicity for things other than rugby.
Read the ***le of this thread. That's why we slag him off.

There are other arrogant players out there other than Henson. And they do get their fair share of **** hurled at them from us. Kelleher at the moment is the main egghead these days, but that's mainly from us New Zealanders...

The thing that makes Henson stand out is that he is orange and the media hyped him up. So it's not his fault? Of course it is. He lapped up the media attention, he wanted a celebrity girlfriend, and he needed the money for his beauty appointments and his triple-latte-cappa-frappaccino-espresso's every morning.
Because of this silly hype surrounding him, and the fact that he supported it, makes him arrogant.

Daniel Carter is the best 1st 5 in the world. Not arguably, he is. He is very modest, and he doesn't buy into the hype at all. If you watch the interviews with him, he is very laid-back, and down to earth. He models Jockeys, and that's it.

Gavin Henson is a stuckup little twerp who has very limited skills as a player and buys into the hype completely. If you watch the interviews with him he is very retarded, and looks a lot like an Oompa Loompa. He models skin-care products 24/7

There are a lot of players who are better than Gavin Henson, there are a lot of players who are worse than Gavin Henson. He is being nominated because he is a whiny, annoying little man with a Welsh accent. Not because of his skills on the field (which are over-rated), but because he is generally disliked amongst most of the sane people on this forum, and the world.

That's it...

Originally posted by el_tk+Apr 12 2006, 08:40 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-harrison2468
@Apr 12 2006, 06:48 PM
Look, it is written in text that he still did that.  Regardless of the situation, which has also supposedly happened to him more than once (take the O'Driscoll "incident" of gouging), I don't think most rugby players would have held out their hand like that.  IMO, that strikes me as arrogance which is entirely an opinion of mine.  If you don't like that, tough, it's my opinion.  Haven't commented on the Evans bit though have we?  How convenient...

As for this jealousy, I'll ask you something.  Please answer.  Where the hell is the slating of the majority of footballer's on here, the NFL players, the rugby players who earn high wage?  People don't seem to slag off Carter for his looks, Kelleher for having a hot girlfriend, players who earn a higher wage than Henson, so if they don't slag off people who have a higher status in these fields than Henson, how does that make people jealous of Henson?  This goes for SmokeyMonkey as well, who hasn't bothered to reply to my last point.  I hope you can give me the honour of a reply though.

There's a fine line between confidence and arrogance and most will have crossed it a some stage. Anyway you can't really judge his entire character based on one or two incidents in a match situation where the adrenaline is flowing seeing as pretty much everyone will have done things they would not normally do or things they regret duting a match.

[/b]
I agree with the adrealine part, but the laughing at Garen Evans' inclusion in the squad didn't occur on the field. To laugh at another player, who was the guy he chucked into a billboard, getting selected above you strikes me as arrogant.

QUOTE (harrison2468 Posted on Apr 12 2006 @ 05:48 PM)
People don't seem to slag off Carter for his looks, Kelleher for having a hot girlfriend

So why are you slagging off Henson then? Let's just put it this way, you don't seem to be slagging off any other arrogant rugby players do you? Just the one who has most publicity for things other than rugby.[/b]

It doesn't come down to jealousy, just annoyed at how he potrays a rugby player to the public. And like Kaftka said, he isn't as good as the hype, which he buys into. Anyway, regardless of how much we argue, his place is pratically cemented now...

Originally posted by SmokeyMonkey@Apr 13 2006, 09:43 AM
And can I just point out that Henson shouldn't go into the Wall of Shame because his career isn't over, and I think that should go for every Nominee.
-_-

That doesn't matter. This is a pisstake of sorts. This is a place designed first and foremost where we can share our disgust, and laugh at all things terrible in rugby. The Hall of Fame is where the serious discussion and semi-official things take place. In here, anything goes. It could be Ma'a Nonu for wearing Mascara and taking manliness out of the sport. Whatever.

Very lenient induction, and in most cases, they will be posted in the gimmicky Wall of Shame thread.

[edit] Don't get me wrong, I take this forum quite seriously, and some great discussion is taking place, but the fact remains; in the end, it really doesn't matter that much...

Kaftka, you cant put someone in the wall of shame cause you dont like him! so give me one reason why i cant put, dawson or stringer or dan parks or horgan or even tim stimpson in there i dont like them it wont have nothing to do with there rugby skills like you said it will be down to the fact that i just dont like them.... i wont do that cause that is childish! put this topic in the off topic and then put him in the wall of shame cause no one likes him then i might agree with you, but this is the RUGBY forum and surely you should talk about the rugby side of putting someone in the wall of shame not cause you dont like him.

Originally posted by Flamingo@Apr 13 2006, 10:43 AM
but this is the RUGBY forum and surely you should talk about the rugby side of putting someone in the wall of shame not cause you dont like him.
Surely bringing shame and disrepute to the game counts as having an effect on rugby?

And if you plan on replying that you're not ashamed of him, then you really should be, and I've spoken to Welshman who most certainly are...

Why should we be ashamed of him... thousands of youngsters are taking up rugby now because they got someone to copy and they got an idol. ive seen loads of kids doing Gav's kicking technique. Is it because he puts fake tan on and shaves his legs? well half the ospreys team does it now so should we be ashamed of them aswell? or is it he brought a book out? well o'driscoll did it! i'm not ashamed of him at all! he will one day prove you all wrong once again.

Originally posted by Flamingo@Apr 13 2006, 10:52 AM
he will one day prove you all wrong once again.
He hasn't proved me wrong for a first time yet.

O'Driscoll wrote a book, true. The difference being that his book need not slag of numerous teamates, and cause a great deal of friction within his national dressing room.

As for being a role model, I'm sure most parents preferred Jonny Wilkinson as an introduction to rugby for kids. This is because he trained hard, was modest, and did his talking on the pitch. He also has a far more prolific boot than Henson, something which far more kids have tried to emulate.

Henson is arrogant, loves the attention, and seems to have claimed some sort of undeserved celebrity status. And would you want your child growing up thinking it's cool to be orange?

Latest posts