• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Giving In To The Fact Im Gutted !

u know when u unlock something and ur prompted to save ur profile??

what happens if you dont save the profile

i have unlocked some things but have never saved my profile.....do i still have the unlocked content or do i have to do the hours again??

you have to do the hours again

sliders are in the options settings somewhere there (game options?)

You have to do the time again............

Heres what I have done with the sliders.

Agility,speed, acceleration, break tackle and passing abilties - ALL +60%

Now, after saying how good my defense was............just played the tigers and heres how it panned out......

*Reick scores a scorcher for them. FIRST TIME I have seen the AI score from a 50mtr break. Reick beats my winger on the outside just inside his half, dummys inside (sucking in another defender), outpaces the defense and makes a beeline for the middle of the posts where he rolls/dives in for a long range try - 0-6 tigers.
(Im in shock - hadn't thought the computer capable of this).

*Again they get a roll on, switch play to an inside runner who only just makes the chalk in a 2 man covering tackle - 0-12 tigers.

*Finally able to put the pressure on, and after making good yards Wiki scores by running over the top of the final defender - 6-12 tigers.

*Tigers hot on attack with 6 tackles on my line. Heroic defense keeps them out. Benji Marshall takes the drop goal at close range on the last tackle - 6-13 tigers.

*With just over a minute to play I get a penalty about 30 mtrs out from the tigers line. Realising I need to score at least twice I take a shot at goal - 8-13 tigers.

*Playing catch up footy in my own half I push the pass which is gratefully collected by the tigers. They eat up time remaining and the siren goes - 8-13 tigers final score.

Overall a great game of footy, 6 lines breaks apiece and beaten by a side propping up the foot of the table in my comp.

Just go into options and manually save yor settings and u wont lose anything.

the sliders are in the customise game section

Parore, how could you afford all those players?

I found that putting the speed and acceleration sliders that high, prevented u from getting runnaways(as u get caught real easy) while it was still ok for the ai. Let me know how it goes after several games.

Originally posted by CeeJay@Dec 12 2005, 11:40 AM

I found that putting the speed and acceleration sliders that high, prevented u from getting runnaways(as u get caught real easy) while it was still ok for the ai. Let me know how it goes after several games.
what is the best settings for user runnaway trys

when u adjust the sliders, doesnt it effect both ai and user

so how do we up the users abilities, to have more fun in legend

I've got the game but can't have it until Christmas! any1 whos got the PC version, if it aint to much trouble can some1 post just a couple pix of some SL teams? Mainly Saints! ;o). Not game shots , shots of the team like the 1 in this thread of the NZ warriors or something.

Thanks!

playing as the warriors is tricky as you don't have a lot of room to move with the cap. I managed to re-sign almost everyone though execpt for webb and martin +te mata who is utter crap and i terminated his contract. I got sam thaiday from the broncos and hopefully someone picks up either martin or temata so that I can get a back in for webb.

I have been having some cracking games now that I am nearing the finals and have even lost a few and I am only on reserve. i only have the one injury at the moment but it is a big one with pricey out for another 5 weeks. i defintely am missing him as well my go forward is a bit down so in some game i have been struggling to get out of my half. I am defintely going to play with the sliders as the passing is really annoying me and aglity will be going up as well.

yeah u gotto move agility.......control and response is an issue, thus agile me up

anyone got news to report on player progression of new rookies???

do the stats move???

I hav speed at plus 20 and acceleration at plus 10, I played around with these alot, and found that while it does affect both u and the ai,the ai always has a slight advantage, the more u go up, the more advantage that seems to shift to the ai, so the settings i used seemed to strike a balance where if i am in decent space i can make break. I sometimes get 2 or three runaways a game, and sometimes none for two or three games, most are from about 50 metres out and closer with the occasional big one, my biggest being about 70 metres. You may find you something you like better by fiddling around but if oyu cant be bothered then just try my settings. dont forget 50 plus for break tackle aswell, and this did not work on seasoned only legend, on seaoned u should be able to get runnaways on normal settings, but the ai never will.

Originally posted by CeeJay@Dec 12 2005, 12:40 PM

I cant afford them

Im -$220,000 so far, so I need to win the premiership and get $250,000 income and other sponsership to keep my job
rugbyleague220051212142554213h.jpg

Originally posted by Parore@Dec 12 2005, 01:29 PM
Im -$220,000 so far, so I need to win the premiership and get $250,000 income and other sponsership to keep my job
MAN I LOVE THIS GAME

how good is that!

Ur on thin ground Parore.............i can see the Daily Telegraph campaign asking for the Parore chop.

Originally posted by Parore@Dec 12 2005, 01:49 PM
I guess this isnt a good time to mention the Bangalow I bought in Auckland...
<
<
<

or any luxurious vacations in June
<

lol awesome stuff their parore the price of success catching up with you. seems like no one is going to pick up martin or te mata so i will proabbly have to shift ropati to full back next seaon.

The boost to your income shouldnt matter should it?? what about the salary cap, if u exceed it you exceed it regarless of how much profit you make. There is a salary cap isnt there?

yeh

i made 9million on my first year ( i won the premiership and also undeafeated)

but i cant use that 9million on the players, altho i wish i can
<

Originally posted by CeeJay@Dec 12 2005, 01:13 PM
I hav speed at plus 20 and acceleration at plus 10, I played around with these alot, and found that while it does affect both u and the ai,the ai always has a slight advantage, the more u go up, the more advantage that seems to shift to the ai, so the settings i used seemed to strike a balance where if i am in decent space i can make break. I sometimes get 2 or three runaways a game, and sometimes none for two or three games, most are from about 50 metres out and closer with the occasional big one, my biggest being about 70 metres. You may find you something you like better by fiddling around but if oyu cant be bothered then just try my settings. dont forget 50 plus for break tackle aswell, and this did not work on seasoned only legend, on seaoned u should be able to get runnaways on normal settings, but the ai never will.
+60% for both acceleration and speed works pretty well for me - computer doesn't get an advantage in terms of clean breaks (usually the stat for line breaks is very similar for each side).

As for being easier to catch, I disagree. At least you can make an initial break and are then have that little bit of extra time to link up with supporting players.

Changing the passing to 60% evens up that ability somewhat as the computer seems to pull off miracle passes even when this is set low (ie. they can't get much better).

..and of course the offloads the computer can pull off is something the user can never do.........

Question: Has anybody had the computer strip the ball off them in the tackle at all??? Have done quite a few myself but have never had it happen to me??

So could we get an unofficial list of what the sliders should be on to get the most out of this game?

I just palyed five 20 minute games with the settings at what you hav them ride the cliche, and I noticed two things, I no longer scored any runnaway tries, and the opposition failed to score any tries at all, including a game against aussie with the kiwis, I won 26 nil.The increase in speed allowed my players to mow down the opposition too easily! You are playing on legend right? Im going back to my old settings, maybe i will tweek the acceleration as i did notice guys going through gaps quicker.

I would encourage everyone else to hav a play around with the sliders and find what is best for them, but if you find things are going wrong and youre never winning, or winning too much, try my settings. I spent sooooo long playing around with these sliders at all the different settings, and i think i found the most cosistent.

Latest posts