• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Glasgow v Toulouse

Tolouse were lucky, on the balance of play Glasgow deserved to win but missed a few oppurtunities and they were split open far to easily. Tolouse shouldnt be to worried, i think the Warriors have a great chance to beat Bath at home but they'll be dissapointed to miss out on a bp. What the hell was Beattie doing kicking it out, to stay in the competition they had to score, it typifies all thats wrong in the Scottish game.

It's a shame that Glasgow just don't have the winning mentality. If they had a bit of experience in snuffing out some of the big boys they would have pounced on toulouse's miss-chances and that scoreline would have been something different.
I wouldn't feel too confident if i was toulouse at this satge. They said, "If you can win playing badly, then you're not in too bad a state." obvisouly i'm paraphrasing but it wasn't as if it was a comfortable win. A bit more clinical rugby from glasgow and they could have walked away from that game with a few more points to their name.
Play like that against a better team and they'll be punished left, right and centre.

They're making the same mistake as last season with this very lassez-fare approach to group games and the early-knockouts.

Each time with a fair bit of grumbling, they've done just enough to get across the line first and they got some serious shocks from London Irish and Blues last season before being completely unable to break down Munster.

Well, good, i say.
If they're gonna be so flippant about group stages (i'm not sure it's arrogance, just a little complacency, maybe) then they deserve to get grilled all over the field by the better teams...and it'll happen again this year.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RC @ Oct 21 2008, 09:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Well, good, i say.
If they're gonna be so flippant about group stages (i'm not sure it's arrogance, just a little complacency, maybe) then they deserve to get grilled all over the field by the better teams...and it'll happen again this year.[/b]

I don't know if this is complacency, at this point in the season they are not as good as they were last season. That's what you can see with some other teams to, just look to Clermont or London Wasps. Other teams on the other hand improve look to Bath or Stade Français.

Toulouse were terrible.
well done glasgow good effort.
Tom evans has pace, definate star for the scottish future

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DonBilly @ Oct 22 2008, 08:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I don't know if this is complacency, at this point in the season they are not as good as they were last season.[/b]

They may not be as good as they were last season, but they are a better team than they showed to be against Glasgow, that's for sure.

Latest posts