• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Gloucester v Ospreys

Surely he wouldn't get banned. I would've thought Lloyd would for that stamp in the first half, can't believe nothing was made of that.

Betsen got two weeks for a trip earlier in the year (against leinster I think) as far as I remember?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monkeypigeon @ Mar 28 2009, 05:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Mar 28 2009, 04:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ Mar 28 2009, 05:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHAAAA!! We are a f***ing joke. Munster must be ******* themselves.[/b]

I'm sure they are now, given the backlash they'll get in the wake of this game.
[/b][/quote]

There won't be a backlash. If there is it'll be at the hands of ____ in the Magners League next weekend. Then back to cack (we hope) for the Munster match so we can sell out Croke Park for a provinsiol rugby match and the ERC do a happy dance and roll around in the dosh!

What age is Fergus McFadden?
[/b][/quote]

do I have to tell you twice :p he's 22.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Mar 28 2009, 05:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Since when have the Ospreys ever been a 'backlash' side?[/b]

they're not but Kidney has ingrained it into us to build up the opposition now that it's force of habit.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Mar 28 2009, 03:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Thank f*** indeed!

Pathetic from the Ospreys. No composure (sorry Cymro!) when they break the first tackle.[/b]

01_char_280x390_605972a.jpg

Colin: "That's right, we lacked Compsure again today."

Colin Charvis RWC 2007 after Wales loss to Fiji <_<

Watched the Ospreys game earlier & i think that's the worst ever performance by the Ospreys. Countless amount of turnovers, knock-ons, aimless offloads & lineouts going wrong. The backs didn't have much clue on how to play rugby.

I know that its the first time they got a match in a while, but they shouldn't be dreadful.

Gloucester where very lucky to win the game, Ospreys just never took they're chances.

At least they can't preform as bad again.....surely not?

Great win for Glaws againt the odds. Heroic and also very smart defence throughout . Poor backing up from the supporting players cost the Ospreys a few tries but for me the battle at the breakdown was a no-contest in our favour. Holah looks a shadow of the guy I saw last year home and away. Phillips would be more at home in the back row as he is not a scrum half at the top level and Tiatia, RETIRE!!!!!!!!.
Morgan for England and onwards to a pointless Twickenham day on the ****.

It's all planned I say! Ospreys decided to do the reverse of last year, loose in the EDF, knock Munster out of Europe.......................... :huh:

Ok, maybe not. Was a pathetic display today where some players looked disinterested, the others trying too hard. They need a kick up the backside, as they should have easily put that game away in the first half.

On a side note, I felt sorry for Henson for the first time today, he looked a beaten man in the shot of him sitting on the floor taking his boots off. He knows that's the Lions dream gone now and it's just about the end of his season (where he's played what, 10 games alltogether)? Hope Lee Burnes back for the Munster clash, as we have no real cover at 15 bar moving Hook there and starting Biggar.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (danny @ Mar 28 2009, 09:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Great win for Glaws againt the odds. Heroic and also very smart defence throughout . Poor backing up from the supporting players cost the Ospreys a few tries but for me the battle at the breakdown was a no-contest in our favour. Holah looks a shadow of the guy I saw last year home and away. Phillips would be more at home in the back row as he is not a scrum half at the top level and Tiatia, RETIRE!!!!!!!!.
Morgan for England and onwards to a pointless Twickenham day on the ****.[/b]
Fair play Danny, on the day Glos deserved to qualify. Not that they did anything at all, we were just.... Well actually no word in the English language can accurately describe our performance. It wasn't even rugby. I'm so embarrassed by how we played.
You're right, defence was excellent and breakdown you were all over us, I thought Tindall especially was great in this respect!
Holah I thought had a decent game, bar the Betsen, and I'm afraid Filo can never be criticised for anything.
Been in Spoons all night - love the BBC coverage of highlights on 24 - our game the Balshaw intercept, fair enough. The Cardiff game - that Northampton centre's try in the corner......... Who won that game again?? :rolleyes: :bravo:

Really Bad Display from the Ospreys, made the breaks alot, just got turned over far to many times. Fairly, Gloucester took every chance which came their way, and kept that scoreboard ticking over, its a semi final after all. Gutted for Henson, is that Spratt really a fullback? he looked abit slow to be one, looked more like a crash ball centre.

Just thought Id bring this thread and the fine result back as not surprisingly our Ospreys fans have gone very quiet on this one. Glaws 17 Ospreys 0.

Don't go getting too cocky danny, if Glaus play like they did against the Ospreys in the final, the Blues will win easily. The Blues don't start panicking if they don't score a try from the initial break, they keep their composure and grind out the try if needs be. That was the Ospreys downfall on the weekend, they threw too many stupid offloads to anywhere. Though I have to salute Gloucesters good scramble defense (their first up defense was poor though) and their superiority ruck time.

Overall, I wasn't too impressed with Gloucester, they were just better than an appalling Ospreys!

Thank you for keeping this alive. Actually I quite agree. If the Blues game at Twickers is anything like the Kingsholm one we will struggle to match them physically. Although the return of Delve and Qera will certainly help in that department. It will also be interesting to see Robinson play against his new employers for next season.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (danny @ Mar 31 2009, 10:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Just thought Id bring this thread and the fine result back as not surprisingly our Ospreys fans have gone very quiet on this one. Glaws 17 Ospreys 0.[/b]

funny how this game is suddenly worth something!

NO its a waste of time and effort if Im being honest but if you had supported a club like Gloucester that hardly ever win anything then you have to cling to what ever you can get. Sad I know!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ozzay @ Mar 29 2009, 08:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Really Bad Display from the Ospreys, made the breaks alot, just got turned over far to many times. Fairly, Gloucester took every chance which came their way, and kept that scoreboard ticking over, its a semi final after all. Gutted for Henson, is that Spratt really a fullback? he looked abit slow to be one, looked more like a crash ball centre.[/b]
A crash ball centre is exactly what he is... Just we only have one full back in our entire squad, who happens to be injured. So it's down to Holley who he decides through in at the deep end whenever Byrne can't make a match.
I'm going for Ian Gough for the Munster game.

Can someone tell me... Was this a good game or not? I was so busy drinking Magners in Coventry Welshs clubhouse (and not getting to the Ricoh until 10 minutes before kickoff of SF2) that I completely missed it!

Come on Danny, don't be coy. It was absolutely useless. You did the right thing in staying in and getting hammered Mite.

Latest posts