• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Guiness Premiership News

Originally posted by harrison2468@Jan 1 2006, 05:44 PM
Northampton 29-22 Bristol
<

Any Saints fans go to the match?
Unfortunately, the half-dozen (or-so) Bristol fans starting fights on the terrace spoiled the atmosphere a little.

Plus all I could think about for the first hour was punching Johnny Howard in the balls.

Originally posted by Teh Mite@Jan 1 2006, 11:12 PM
Plus all I could think about for the first hour was punching Johnny Howard in the balls.
Here here!

He's utterly useless. If he hadn't come up through the academy system we'd surely have got rid of him by now. Perry was running the game until Robinson came on.

As a taunt to Leicester, we should offer them his services while Ellis is injured. At least Ben Jones would get a chance thereafter.

Originally posted by Teh Mite+Jan 1 2006, 10:12 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Jan 1 2006, 10:12 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-harrison2468
@Jan 1 2006, 05:44 PM
Northampton 29-22 Bristol 
<

Any Saints fans go to the match?
Unfortunately, the half-dozen (or-so) Bristol fans starting fights on the terrace spoiled the atmosphere a little.

[/b]
Sorry to hear that. Always a few that spoil it.

Aparently they were a bunch of 16 year old kids, possibly having 'new years day syndrome'. (you know, "we're still partying from last night, so lets do somthing unusual". Bloody football fans).

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Aparently they were a bunch of 16 year old kids, possibly having 'new years day syndrome'. (you know, "we're still partying from last night, so lets do somthing unusual". Bloody football fans).[/b]

I could'nt make it unfortunently, stuck in Manchester.

What exactly happened? And what terrace/part of terrace?

What was he like for you guys? I've heard a lot of rumours about him becoming the new kicker, what with Reihana's iffy record aiming for the sticks.

If it weren't for the salary cap, he'd probably still be with us. Decent player from the bits I've seen of him. Was kind enough to give Bath a penalty try playing for Sarries a couple of years back. Claimed to be 'Scottish' for a bit, too.

he was good but never really seemed to show his full potential as he was only really with us for one full season, if i remember correctly he was taking the kicks for us aswell for a bit when we had fly half dilemmas, he should fit into the team quite well
and playing with the likes of spencer will give him more confidence and experience

Can't believe how fast Kydd has come back. I assumed Saints would never hear from him again, but he's just suddenly popped into the starting line-up.

Hopefully he'll be able to provide a good link in the middle. And he can kick, which with our current predicament is a bonus.

Saints pack...finally coming together. Thompson and Budgen really having brilliant games. Could've scored more, but tis always the case I guess. Clarke had a stormer too, and Cohen's coming back strong. Kydd also played pretty well, I'm impressed considering. Now we need a kicker...

Oh, and that pass was forward...not by that much, but it definitely was.

Originally posted by Muse_Cubed@Jan 7 2006, 05:54 PM
Now we need a kicker...
Carlos slotted over the conversion soundly enough, and wasn't far away with the penalty miss. I'd say let him take more of the kicking duties.

I was pretty sure I heard the whistle as they went over for the try and then it was called back after all that celebration and such...I almost had a heart attack.

Good match where the pack really showed up especially chicken/Budgen.

Kydd had an impressive game considering he almost lost his career before it had started. Clarke went through the Wuss back's like soap when thrown across a wet floor.

I was impressed but Chris White didn't help but did when the moment came, thankfully.

Ben was great aswell, considering his injury. His big tackle that almost took to players out was awsome, and not to mention his try.

Originally posted by Air Ben@Jan 8 2006, 12:27 AM
Clarke went through the Wuss back's like soap when thrown across a wet floor.
That is without doubt the worst similee I have ever heard. For the sake of humanity never use it again...

Chris White was awful as usual, nearly cost us the match with some shocking penalty calls.

Kydd was solid enough, Clarke will wear an England shirt in the future if he keeps playing the way he is, and when Carlos is good, he is very good.

Pack fronted up which was great to see, although we still need to find a cutting edge from set-plays in close to the opposition line.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
That is without doubt the worst similee I have ever heard. For the sake of humanity never use it again...[/b]

Yeah, I agree it was pretty awful.
<

We just need to sort ourself's out for Bristol next week, if we play like we did last week then we are gonna be in a tough position.

The penalty count was pretty low for once though. I think it has something to do with the absence of Fox...

I hate seeing Saints act like the Raiders and giving away countless numbers of penalties.

F**KING HELL - Bristol just slip up to a strong Sale team away. God, that would have been an upset, but the bonus is alright I guess. Outscoring them 3 to 1 is also positive.

Bath's loss to Leeds makes the race more interesting, while Leicester, Wasps and Gloucester record wins aswell.

Some of the underdogs seem to be showing up the bigger teams lately, which is good for the entertainment values.

Question for our Guiness Premiership friends, who has been showing better form in the premiership this season, Johnny O'Connor or Shane Jennings, cause there's been a lot of talk saying that Jennings should start at 7 in the 6N, haven't seen anything of Leicester this season being in France but are their claims justified based on his premiership form?

Latest posts