• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Gun incidents

Yeah I had the same feeling. It seems to be in the news a lot right now but I always thought this was something that happened every couple days. I don't mind it being in the news as a I think public awareness of how batshit crazy this is will be a good thing.
We need to see the end of guns

Don't bite..
Unlike the dogs.

Seriously though, the USA is probably the only country in the world where gun ownership has become a mass fetish of sorts. It goes beyond reasoned arguments into a whole realm of emotionally driven cult-like crap.

Unlike the dogs.

Seriously though, the USA is probably the only country in the world where gun ownership has become a mass fetish of sorts. It goes beyond reasoned arguments into a whole realm of emotionally driven cult-like crap.
there are people who own guns just cause they know it makes other people uncomfortable. It makes no sense to me.

if guns were limited to shooting and hunting we'd probably have 10% of our remaining guns.

Unlike the dogs.

Fetish is a good word. The more shootings the higher the gun sales, it's almost like they are getting off on the tragedy. The gun manufacturers are certainly making plenty of money

there are people who own guns just cause they know it makes other people uncomfortable. It makes no sense to me.

if guns were limited to shooting and hunting we'd probably have 10% of our remaining guns.
Best thing would be add background checks looking specifically at domestic violence. Would almost wipe out mass shootings.

Best thing would be add background checks looking specifically at domestic violence. Would almost wipe out mass shootings.
so from work I can tell you that if you have a domestic violence conviction you won't pass a background check. Lying on a background check is a felony. Also from work I can tell you that convicted felons who shouldn't pass background checks always have guns on them.

but there is the private seller exception and also the fact that some people just don't do their jobs.

so from work I can tell you that if you have a domestic violence conviction you won't pass a background check. Lying on a background check is a felony. Also from work I can tell you that convicted felons who shouldn't pass background checks always have guns on them.

but there is the private seller exception and also the fact that some people just don't do their jobs.
So there are background checks in the US? Genuine question

So there are background checks in the US? Genuine question
yeah there is a federal background check and then about half the country (you know enough about America to guess most of the states) have stricter background checks. Here's more info.

The issue is that if you aren't a "public seller of firearms" then you don't need to complete a background check when you sell a gun unless your state requires you to. So in 29 states it is possible to buy a gun without a background check.

yeah there is a federal background check and then about half the country (you know enough about America to guess most of the states) have stricter background checks. Here's more info.

The issue is that if you aren't a "public seller of firearms" then you don't need to complete a background check when you sell a gun unless your state requires you to. So in 29 states it is possible to buy a gun without a background check.
Thanks. Do all firearms require the federal checks or are they stricter on say handguns than shotguns? I only ask because in the UK the application requirements for owning a shotgun (with a maximum of 3 round capacity) and a rifle is very different.

And I guess then once you have bought the gun from such a place, you can legally then take it into a state in which that sale wouldn't have been allowed?

Thanks. Do all firearms require the federal checks or are they stricter on say handguns than shotguns? I only ask because in the UK the application requirements for owning a shotgun (with a maximum of 3 round capacity) and a rifle is very different.
for federal it's all guns.
And I guess then once you have bought the gun from such a place, you can legally then take it into a state in which that sale wouldn't have been allowed?
Don't know each state but know that Virginia has laws against people who would fail a background check possessing or transporting a gun. Which is on one hand is good but on the other hand they already have the gun.

On top of having guns, American police just simply aren't trained well. 11 year old boy gets shot after he calls the police...
Yep, a partner at my last firm told me how he and his family were driving in Orlando in a hire car and got pulled over by police who pulled out their firearms on him. Crazy really and very scary for him and his family.

Surely they could check the number plate and see it's hire car, that they are tourists and just ask him for license and reg. but they just pulled out their firearm and told him to get out and frisk him. Luckily nothing came of it.

So what, you think Australia has a gun problem?
Virginia is in America

Now start reporting every dog attack.
This is actually a valid point,
Feels like we've an increasing issue with dog attacks recently - especially with the rising popularity of the "XL Bully" breeds
Feels like every couple of weeks there's a report of a killing or a mauling by one

Someone bought one in my village and I'm ngl I don't want to walk my dog near them

Latest posts