• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

H Cup Semi Final: Saracens v Toulon

McCall genuinely seemed to be deriding Toulon for playing a game that relied on keeping Sarries in their own half and applying pressure to win penalties.

He simply cannot help but come across like a whiny prick.

Was it Farrell who was involved with that poor quick lineout that led to the last Toulon penalty?

He also failed to take the best try chance of the match which proved to be the turning point in the end.

Was it Farrell who was involved with that poor quick lineout that led to the last Toulon penalty?

To be fair, there was nothing wrong with Farrell taking the quick lineout, just unlucky it ended in a penalty.

He also failed to take the best try chance of the match which proved to be the turning point in the end.

Think that was Ashton

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

McCall genuinely seemed to be deriding Toulon for playing a game that relied on keeping Sarries in their own half and applying pressure to win penalties.

He simply cannot help but come across like a whiny prick.

Good not just me then!!

An ungracious and ignorant response from McCall but what do you expect from a Sarries guy.......Mark....you took one hell of a beating!! Accept it.....
McCall's predecessor as Sarries coach, Brendan Venter, had a go at the referee after his team lost at home to Leinster a couple of years ago. The response from Joe Schmidt was pointed: to paraphrase, instead of complaining about the ref, maybe Venter should have been more concerned at his team's total inability to make a line break. The same can be said today. Instead of complaining about the ref, perhaps McCall should coach his team better.

McCall's predecessor as Sarries coach, Brendan Venter, had a go at the referee after his team lost at home to Leinster a couple of years ago. The response from Joe Schmidt was pointed: to paraphrase, instead of complaining about the ref, maybe Venter should have been more concerned at his team's total inability to make a line break. The same can be said today. Instead of complaining about the ref, perhaps McCall should coach his team better.

+1

Do we really want Farrell on the Lions tour?

The answer to this is clearly no. But meh, if this was a southern hemisphere 'lions', they'd have Evans, Carter, Goosen, Lambie, Cooper, Barnes to choose from.....frankly, our list is shorter and thinner. Personally therefore I'm happy for him to go for his general effort around the field, not because he can really elevate teams to a particularly high level.

That said, I don't believe we should ignore the likes of Madigan and Burns just because of a lack of international gametime. I say take one of the two along and let them grow into the 10 shirt on the field in the warm up matches. I'd go for Madigan as he can also play 12.

yeah yeah, or he said smt like "aawwwwww shieeeeeeet shorteh, just shat all over you ****uh, ya fell me son mmmmm..." there's a large probability he said that exact sentence, word for word. 10bucks he said that. Classic Frenchman Jonny Wilkinson.

Post of the month.

The answer to this is clearly no. But meh, if this was a southern hemisphere 'lions', they'd have Evans, Carter, Goosen, Lambie, Cooper, Barnes to choose from.....frankly, our list is shorter and thinner. Personally therefore I'm happy for him to go for his general effort around the field, not because he can really elevate teams to a particularly high level.

That said, I don't believe we should ignore the likes of Madigan and Burns just because of a lack of international gametime. I say take one of the two along and let them grow into the 10 shirt on the field in the warm up matches. I'd go for Madigan as he can also play 12.

I like this one.

yeah yeah, or he said smt like "aawwwwww shieeeeeeet shorteh, just shat all over you ****uh, ya fell me son mmmmm..." there's a large probability he said that exact sentence, word for word. 10bucks he said that. Classic Frenchman Jonny Wilkinson.
I swear I almost died reading this

I'd love a Lions 'A' team. Care, Burns, Madigan... quite a dynamic inside back trio. Fussell at fullback alongside Walker for that Ospreys counterattacking flair.

Wilkinson getting MOM summed up the game, yes he took his points well but the rest of his game was average at best. A 7 point try is better than 2 penalties and Clermont will score tries against them.

Wilkinson getting MOM summed up the game, yes he took his points well but the rest of his game was average at best. A 7 point try is better than 2 penalties and Clermont will score tries against them.
I am not the best Wilco fan but to say he was average yesterday is untrue as i watch the TOP 14 every weekend all matches never have i seen him so involved at the sharp end (around the rucks a,nd mauls taking on the forwards ) he side stepped Farell 3 times and left him for dead, and his kicking was no comment, just 100% his defence superb, and the drop goal under immense pressure he got it over, i said with 20 mins to go he would get MAN of the MATCH, which he deserved, his dedication is 2nd to none, on Sunday morning Bernie Laporte saw him leave the hotel at 7.00am in a taxi to go and practice the rest of the team where still in bed. Canal + did a doc on his training methods and his practice it is well worth seeing he is awsome as i said earlier i am not a fan but credit where credit is due, in the Final Clermont must not infringe in their own half or they could be in trouble.

I swear I almost died reading this

what ? I'm dead serious, it's so in-character.

Anyways, well done Jonny boy and Toulon...so that's 6 ***les to french teams regardless of the outcome...and 10th runnerup I believe :banana_flip:(as if that mattered....just sayin.)

When asked about Jonny Wilkinson, Toulon boss Mourad Boudjellal replied (original below):
"Jonny? I told you so. A killer always returns to the scene of the crime. Jonny is like the Rolling Stones. Some new guys come around, and you think 'they're not bad'. But then you see those old grandpas on stage and you realise that the Stones will always be the Stones. It's the same with Jonny. He's the boss. He's Bruce Springsteen, he's the Stones."

"Jonny ? Je l'avais dit. Les assassins reviennent toujours sur les lieux de leur crime. Jonny, c'est comme les Rolling Stones. Il y a des nouveaux qui arrivent et on se dit 'c'est pas mal'. Mais quand tu vois les vieux papys sur scène, tu te dis que les Stones, ça reste les Stones. Jonny, c'est pareil. Jonny, ça reste Jonny. C'est le boss, le patron. C'est Bruce Springsteen, c'est les Stones"

Wonderful moment as Farrell fails to stop Wilko from dropping the goal as Jonny pats him on the shoulder and says......."Sorry about your Lions chances pal but you time will come......maybe"

942365_626858360661347_241361101_n.jpg

Words to pictures I cannot do!!!

Last edited:

Latest posts