Club or Nation
Sale
Heineken%20Cup.png

Saracens.png
Versus%20H-Cup.png
Toulon.png

Twickenham Stadium,
28/04/2013, 15:00 local time

It seems that without Ulster's excellent travelling support, Saracens are struggling to shift tickets.

I think reading the article, that £27 is too expensive for cheapest ticket. When you have a big stadium to fill, it's best having £10 tickets for the main ground and perhaps £25 for the top seats. £27 for the worst seats, and £54 for the best seems too ambitious when you're trying to get people in such a big stadium. Atmosphere won't be great at all now. I hope very much they don't make a mess of ticketing and prices for the RWC and all the games get good atmospheres in 2015.

http://www.espnscrum.com/heineken-cup-2012-13/rugby/story/181230.html

Interesting the mass excuses making by ERC for the poor sales. They basically go through a list of things saying it wasn't this or it wasn't that and it wasn't or fault, yet fail to identify any alternative reason.
http://www.planetrugby.com/story/0,25883,3551_8669713,00.html

Also out of interest, Saracens played at a 1/3 empty Vicarage Road for years, why don't they sell out that 17,500 ground for once instead of having a 3/4 empty Twickenham with 20,000? Looks like Ulster must have had a very large percentage of the 37,000 for the QF then btw.

Considering the amount of people Sarries have drawn in for their Wembley/Twickers games in the past it's not as if Ulster brought all but three fans with them...

Considering the amount of people Sarries have drawn in for their Wembley/Twickers games in the past it's not as if Ulster brought all but three fans with them...

Perhaps Saracens attracted general rugby fans and casual fans who go for entertainment, but lack the fanbase of actual Saracens supporters who want to see them go for European glory?

Or perhaps it is just the ticket pricing (despite them denying), those Wembley matches were like £5 or £10 you could get tickets I believe, perhaps it's as simple as overcharging for this match?

True enough.
Saracens are very good at marketing, however from what I've read on their fans forum they're not really marketing this match too heavily, apparently due to them not getting much from the ticket sales.
Saracens in a nutshell...

Just goes to show why the English and French are bit ****** off at the ERC as far as organising anything........Saracens were forced out of their own ground to use a neutral venue and, blinded by a big crown at Twickenham for previous league games where cheap tickets and hand outs were the norm, the ERC saw a chance to fill their coffers.......................as for the rugby, I feel and hope that Toulon can sneak it!

Well done ERC for screwing up what could have been a fantastic atmosphere.

Sarries screwed up by selecting a stadium that's too big for them. ERC screwed up their ticket pricing strategy. Both parties are equally at fault.

Just out of curiosity what stadiums were available to Sarries that meet the requirements?

Yea as in not many soccer stadiums would even be suitable. In terms of the capacity has to be 24000 now isn't it up from 20000 a few years ago

I hope Clermont stuff whoever wins this game.

for the sake of the competition, maybe Sarries winning would be the preferable outcome of this semi final. It's always better to see teams from two different countries represented. The rugby they usually play is vomit inducing though.

There's a good interview with Nigel Wray in the Times today if anyone is interested. For all their brash, unpalatable rugby and bull headed statements, Sarries are a forward thinking club. While I don't agree with their approach, they have an ambition to grow the game and take it into underdeveloped markets like the USA and Belgium as well as milking potential cash cows like Dubai and tapping into a South African audience.

.....................they have an ambition to grow the game and take it into underdeveloped markets like the USA and Belgium as well as milking potential cash cows like Dubai and tapping into a South African audience.

Then they should go to those countries and develop teams in tose countries as associates of Saracens which should be left to play its games in England.....absolute insult to the season ticket holders to take their matches out of the Country and expect them to have to find the money to travel as far as the US, Dubai or SA to watch their team........

^ nahhhh, it's England VS England !

Oh ok...well, so much for this game having any potential of being exciting...this is Farrell VS Wilko. Hope we'll see at least...one.......try ?

Was that Ashton going in from the side and flopping over the ball after Goode's kick? I think it was, and demonstrates that Ashton's discipline at ruck-time is atrocious.

Latest posts