• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Halfpenny injured

I'm a big fan of Paterson, but, for the strongest possible Lions, we need to pick Armitage. He's more versatile, quicker and stronger and he can kick from distance. Okay he's not as consistent with the boot as Paterson but who is? I'm hoping the management team will go for Armitage and when Halfpenny (hopefully) joins the tour in two weeks they keep him as well (Armitage), realising his worth.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (hobgoblin @ May 22 2009, 05:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I'm a big fan of Paterson, but, for the strongest possible Lions, we need to pick Armitage. He's more versatile, quicker and stronger and he can kick from distance. Okay he's not as consistent with the boot as Paterson but who is? I'm hoping the management team will go for Armitage and when Halfpenny (hopefully) joins the tour in two weeks they keep him as well (Armitage), realising his worth.[/b]
I agree about Paterson. You don't get 95 caps without doing something right and he's still a good runner (if not a wee bit slower that before) but he still lies third in Scotlands overall tryscoring charts...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (hobgoblin @ May 22 2009, 05:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I'm a big fan of Paterson, but, for the strongest possible Lions, we need to pick Armitage. He's more versatile, quicker and stronger and he can kick from distance. Okay he's not as consistent with the boot as Paterson but who is? I'm hoping the management team will go for Armitage and when Halfpenny (hopefully) joins the tour in two weeks they keep him as well (Armitage), realising his worth.[/b]

Whoever replaces Halfpenny will officially be Shanklin's replacement once Leigh flies over two weeks in to the tour according to today's rugby club, so If (when) Armitage replaces 1/2 Penny, he will be staying with the squad.

I'm thinking D'arcy is in with a big shot. The guy is in good form and if he has a good game tomorrow there is no reason he shouldn't travel. If it hadn't been for his injury he would have been a shoe in.

On another matter I don't really think the Lions need a big boot as some are suggesting. Rog can bang them oover from a good distance out and I don't think the Lions should sacrifice a better 15 or wing for a few extra yards on a kick

It's James Hook according to the radio. Bit of a surprise that, didn't think his form warranted it but I guess if he can cover ten and kick then it all makes sense. Would have preferred Armitage or Paterson, but if Hook plays to the best of his potential he'll do ok.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (edinburgh_gunner @ May 23 2009, 07:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
It's James Hook according to the radio. Bit of a surprise that, didn't think his form warranted it but I guess if he can cover ten and kick then it all makes sense. Would have preferred Armitage or Paterson, but if Hook plays to the best of his potential he'll do ok.[/b]

Its definitely Hook

Confirmed as Hook by BBC aswell now.

So it's for kicking cover I guess, BBC also said that it was "still hoped that Halfpenny could join the tour if his injusry heals as expected."

Well...I was the one who suggested Hook and I'm personally pleasd it is him.

We need the kicking cover plus he can play a range of positions.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Meh @ May 23 2009, 01:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Well...I was the one who suggested Hook and I'm personally pleasd it is him.

We need the kicking cover plus he can play a range of positions.[/b]
I like Hook. I think he is a very positive and unpredictable in his play.

Yes but he likes throwing interception passes, some of his decisions are very readable.

But the way hes playing 13, 15,12, he just needs to learn at 10 and not be shipped about because he has talent

Latest posts