Northampton
Aviva%20Premiership.png

Harlequins.png
Versus%20Prem.png
London Wasps.png

Twickenham Stoop
Sat Jan 8 2011
at 14:45 (local)

Harlequins have not beaten Wasps since November 2008, although the two clubs did draw 29-all at Twickenham in round one of Aviva Premiership Rugby.

Harlequins have won their last four games in all competitions and on Sunday became the first team this season to defeat Northampton on their own patch. Quins' only home loss since February 2010 was 16-20 to Northampton on 11 September.

London Wasps have lost just one of their last eight matches in all competitions: 6-13 against Saracens at Wembley Stadium on Boxing Day.

Referee: Wayne Barnes (88th Premiership game)​

Aye, not a bad match so far
Did you see Marler crush Kefus head when he got his try?
Kefu was hanging off of his ankle when Marler decided to dive for the try line, and landed knee first into his temple
Bet that'll smart a bit in the morning :lol

Andy Powell is having a top game, and Flutey is looking good at #10

Edit:
Quins have been on the defensive for pretty much the whole second half, lucky to only concede 3pts so far, they must be absolutely shattered
Only 4mins or so left, see if they can hold onto the 7pt lead

Powell MOTM, rightfully so, been immense ball in hand, got some pace on him, and consistently made ground

Last edited:
I didn't see the second half, I was having a hedgehog crawl over me.

Wasps have no sting! Should have won easily.

Problems at 8-9-10. Pack supplies plenty of possession, 13 is good at linebreaks and offloads, and outside backs have pace. But there's nothing in between.

Not a fan of Powell. Powerful and aggressive, but not sharp, and doesn't work well with his support players.

So how did Powell play then? I've heard mixed reviews in terms of todays match, some saying he was excellent and deserved his man of the match and others saying the opposite.

Michael I think it just comes down to whether you like Powell's style as a number 8. Personally, i think he's exactly what Wasps need. Becoming one of our best carriers, powerful, gets over the gain line. If Betsen and Worsely ever carried much in younger days, they pretty much don't know. It will be interesting when Dan Ward Smith gets back to see who takes the number 8 shirt, but its got to be Powell really. Probably DWS to lock again. Thats not to say Powell will definitely be what WALES will be looking for in the six nations though, I don't really know.

However, to my own (probably inadequate) knowledge of the Welsh backrow, I think Powell is looking the best number 8 option, probably shifting Ryan Jones to 6 maybe.

I'd take Powell over JT in a heartbeat, and then have Ryan Jones on the bench (with Lydiate at 6)

Powell is getting better at not isolating himself, hits the line with such pace, and doesn't seem to tire at all through the match

He has got good pace for a number 8 and could be a very important player for Wales in the World Cup, glad to hear hes playing well and holding down his place at Wasps.

Latest posts