• I wasn't planning on buying RWC 2011 but now will

Votes: 8 3.4%
  • I was planning on buying RWC 2011 and still will

Votes: 90 38.0%
  • I wasn't planning on buying RWC 2011 and still wont

Votes: 40 16.9%

• Total voters
Sidhe with a chance to reproduce another rugby game NEXT YEAR

We've never said anything about doing another game in a year, so it's unfair to use this as a point in favour of Rugby Challenge/against HB's game.

haters gunna hate. wait til everyone plays RC... just wait. then everyone will be on RWC 2011

haters gunna hate. wait til everyone plays RC... just wait. then everyone will be on RWC 2011

Bold statement butters, RWC gameplay may tickle your fancy but personally I like club sides and customisation, and others look for different things as well

Bold statement butters, RWC gameplay may tickle your fancy but personally I like club sides and customisation, and others look for different things as well

yes but all those things compliment the main purpose of the game, to play rugby. if the playing rugby part plays like garbage then everything else is useless. I am not saying RC is going to be crap but playing the RWC2011 demo I love it and seeing RC footage it looks like its just lacking. watch videos of both games and tell me which one looks like rugby you see on TV or in the stadiums.

I must say that i do understand the conerns regarding RWC2011. I also would have liked more teams in the game and would have liked less familiarity to rugby08, but i also enjoy some of the new features and feel that the game will be extremely fun when playing on harder levels. I have done some amaizing things in the demo already and can't wait for the full game. I feel the game despite it's frustrations deserves a chance. Just my opinion. Enjoy guys. ps: also looking forward to RC, just waiting for that release date now. Cheers

When i first played rwc2011 demo i was ashamed by the graphics and hated a game. But after playing it for a week or so i have decided that i really like the gameplay so i am prepared to put up with the bad graphics. luckely the screenshots of licenced stadiums look better :)

i did't realise rwc 2011 had such a lack of ambition as to not bother with club teams. There's only so many times I'm going to be able to play a world cup before I get bored.

Definitely buying rugby challenge now. Not having club teams is the equivalent of not finishing Rugby 08 properly (which everyone seems to forget, was sloppily released in a rush before the last world cup before it had been finished properly). Just goes to show how lazy they are at HB.

I've always been on the HB side of the fence till i saw the sidhe demo yesterday. No contest. And they can be bothered with a PC version.

i did't realise rwc 2011 had such a lack of ambition as to not bother with club teams. There's only so many times I'm going to be able to play a world cup before I get bored. Just goes to show how lazy they are at HB.

The reason HB haven't got clubs in their game is because they weren't able to secure enough licenses to make it worthwhile. Sidhe (nothing against them for doing so, in fact good on them) has secured the licenses that HB would've liked and that has meant that HB have had no option but to focus on a World Cup game only.

I think saying that they were lazy, when they may simply have been beaten to many licenses, not realising that anyone else was going in early to get them is a bit harsh.

A custom tournament creator or something like that maybe could've been in there, but I can't really blame them for the rest of it.

It's simply that Sidhe were the sharper team at being prepared and securing the licenses.

Not everything in the world means that one side is an absolute hero and the other the absolute villain. Sometimes one set of people do things marginally better than another or may have better resources and they can sometimes come away with a much better result.

I'm unsure how good Sidhes game-play is right now and I hope it's as great as it looks, but that's the last card they need to break their way right now. Who can argue though, they've done a marvellous job with pretty much everything shown right to this minute.

yes but all those things compliment the main purpose of the game, to play rugby. if the playing rugby part plays like garbage then everything else is useless. I am not saying RC is going to be crap but playing the RWC2011 demo I love it and seeing RC footage it looks like its just lacking. watch videos of both games and tell me which one looks like rugby you see on TV or in the stadiums.

Really? You want me to tell you which looks more like real rugby? Lol!

Superman tackle with a reach of of 10 metres, all running around bunched like 5 year olds in their first game, I dunno, you tell me. My pick isn't RWC from the all the video I've seen. Diving to a point where the ballcarrier is horizontal but that magic ankle tap which gets the diving player upright and in a maul... Yeah not helping

Last edited:
The reason HB haven't got clubs in their game is because they weren't able to secure enough licenses to make it worthwhile. Sidhe (nothing against them for doing so, in fact good on them) has secured the licenses that HB would've liked and that has meant that HB have had no option but to focus on a World Cup game only.

I think saying that they were lazy, when they may simply have been beaten to many licenses, not realising that anyone else was going in early to get them is a bit harsh.

A custom tournament creator or something like that maybe could've been in there, but I can't really blame them for the rest of it.

It's simply that Sidhe were the sharper team at being prepared and securing the licenses.

Not everything in the world means that one side is an absolute hero and the other the absolute villain. Sometimes one set of people do things marginally better than another or may have better resources and they can sometimes come away with a much better result.

I'm unsure how good Sidhes game-play is right now and I hope it's as great as it looks, but that's the last card they need to break their way right now. Who can argue though, they've done a marvellous job with pretty much everything shown right to this minute.

Fair post, well said.

Voice of reason !

08 gameplay was average at best RWC doesnt improve on this at all, infact its more simpler than ever before...i guess you like simple things?

ha-ha-internet.jpg

with all due respect guys, how many of you don't have Rugby 08 in your collection?

okay, so now, next question: How many games have you played on Rugby 08 (most will answer "countless")

did it bring you joy with your mates? Hell yes!!

is the complaints you raised really so much so that it will prevent you from not having fun?? Guess not...

has the demo changed my mind? No, in fact it made me more excited about RWC2011

do I give a **** what the haters are saying about RWC2011? NO! they're losing out, not me...

Will I buy RC too? yeah! I'm a rugby-lover, and any rugby Union game WILL make it's way on my game collection...

with all due respect guys, how many of you don't have Rugby 08 in your collection?

okay, so now, next question: How many games have you played on Rugby 08 (most will answer "countless")

did it bring you joy with your mates? Hell yes!!

is the complaints you raised really so much so that it will prevent you from not having fun?? Guess not...

has the demo changed my mind? No, in fact it made me more excited about RWC2011

do I give a **** what the haters are saying about RWC2011? NO! they're losing out, not me...

Will I buy RC too? yeah! I'm a rugby-lover, and any rugby Union game WILL make it's way on my game collection...

Will you please stop comparing this game to rugby 08.

Rugby 08 had a club season mode
Rugby 08 had the ability to purchase and sell players
It had licenced teams
It had hundreds of teams to play
It was good about 4 years ago.
While it had flaws, we were hoping that they would be corrected.

RWC 2011 rugby

Doesn't have club teams
Features pretty much the exact same gameplay, regardless of the advancements in technology.
The same issues that people complained about are back, and they haven't changed a bit.
They promised to take on board what the fans wanted. They essentially ignored the fans and tried to cash in on a world cup.
Failure to gain even all of the international licences.

Leaving, 1 dissapointed fan.

Will you please stop comparing this game to rugby 08.

Leaving, 1 dissapointed fan.

you just compared it with 08 too dude...

i was actually talking about the gameplay in my post... that's what made it fun...

at the moment you can only compare RWC2011's demo with 08 as it's the only games now available to the public... until i have the full game or RC in my hands what else am i supposed to do? sit here and watch all you guys dissing a game that i might enjoy, and maybe, just maybe you too if you weren't so negative and narrowminded...

I can't get over the fact that if I get the official WC game, that NZ and Aus are not licensed. Then, if I get the other one, which has Super 15 and Tri-Nations, there are no South African licences. It's a monumental fail in my opinion. Imagine FIFA not having Spain, Brazil and Germany, whilst PES has no England, Italy... etc etc.

Absolutely gutted about the licensing issues.

I can't get over the fact that if I get the official WC game, that NZ and Aus are not licensed. Then, if I get the other one, which has Super 15 and Tri-Nations, there are no South African licences. It's a monumental fail in my opinion. Imagine FIFA not having Spain, Brazil and Germany, whilst PES has no England, Italy... etc etc.

Absolutely gutted about the licensing issues.

Well I hate to break it to you but get over it! It is just the way it is! Stop complaining about stuff you cannot change! There could have been no rugby games! If you love rugby and gaming you will buy either 1 or both games regardless of the lisencing issue! The licencing issue is nothing new!

Latest posts