Votes: 99 41.8%
  • I wasn't planning on buying RWC 2011 but now will

Votes: 8 3.4%
  • I was planning on buying RWC 2011 and still will

Votes: 90 38.0%
  • I wasn't planning on buying RWC 2011 and still wont

Votes: 40 16.9%

• Total voters
It seems to me that there are allot of new faces on this forum just to talk crap about RWC 2011. Tell sidhe we say hi.

Forgetting the graphics the lack of new features and the distinct lack of Clubs/Province/Regions/Super15 Sides.... etc If we all just evaluate "RWC2011" on its game-play its a small step up from "EA RUGBY 2008" the word that sprang to mind when i played the demo was fun considering i hadn't played a rugby game in ages i really enjoyed it. "Fun" is not good enough for a gap of four years more if you consider 2008 was a small step up from "RUGBY 2006". Great game to rent when the World Cup is in full swing worth 40-60 Euro out of my pocket ? not in a million years.

If both the rugby games mentioned on these forums are on par to each other game-play wise ill be disappointed but more forgiving of "RWC2011" its suffering from a lack of imagination and high expectations.

Last edited:
You can play the world cup, itenational test's, play a place kick shoot out and play online<_<
True but realistically any game you play on a PS3 nearly demands online play. And I know they have Friendlies and Tours for warm up but still when I hear Miles Harrison etc I think more Heineken Cup than RWC.

It seems to me that there are allot of new faces on this forum just to talk crap about RWC 2011. Tell sidhe we say hi.

Please don't start that here... This is just to see how the demo has effected peoples decisions, regardless of a competing product.

Anyway about half of people are "still planning on getting RWC 2011" which is good, but personally after seeing the demo i think i can hold off until the price comes down a little bit :)

Please don't start that here... This is just to see how the demo has effected peoples decisions, regardless of a competing product.Anyway about half of people are "still planning on getting RWC 2011" which is good, but personally after seeing the demo i think i can hold off until the price comes down a little bit :)
Could not AGREE more, the us vs them chat is soooooooooo tedious!I will buy Rwc 2011 but probably trade it on RC's release. Longevity not there for me.

Have pre-ordered it so will probably still get it. Feel like a total sucker though because the demo really sucked IMHO...the biggest disappointment is the licensing. It shows that the IRB can't get their act together- sure its been said already but can you imagine an official football world cup game without real players? Its a joke that the publisher didnt get this sorted out- naive and complacent approach which is also reflected in the game design

Was gonna get after the WC and still will.. but really it'll depend when RC comes out as I want a new rugby game tbf so I might even get this around the start of the WC or w/e

Got both RWC2011 and Rugby Challenge on pre-order :) enjoyed the demo, so no, hasnt changed my mind at all.

No Bokbe4k. You have to join TRF to view and post in the games forum (at least you did when I joined). Anyone like me who enjoyed 06 and 08 followed the development of RWC2011 with interest. There's a lot of disappointment because RWC2011 seems like crap after playing the demo. So naturally the interest and hope turns to the alternative game. Just gamers wanting a good game...not spies and insurgents for Sidhe mate!

There's a lot of preciousness on this board when people disagree with the TRF's endorsed game

Can I ask a quick question (I haven't scrolled through previous threads). Are squads fixed or will there be the option of picking your 30 and matchday 22.

iPhone 3G to iPhone 3GS...
RWC 2011 is Rugby 08 1/2 S...

all the exploits that i used in rugby 08 i can do in RWC 2011... C'mon guys...

Not getting this unfortunately...

I never played rugby 08 and found the demo really fun and the TV style presentation great. Loved that Clarkey is one of the commentators, wish it had Marto with him.

However without modding of the game to include super15, tri nations, 6 nations etc surely just playing world cup and friendlies will get tiresome.

So answer to thread is...I wasn't sure if I was going to buy RWC 2011 and after the demo I am still not sure :)

I understand what your'e saying but the common sentiment is that HB had all the oppportunity to make a big step forward and they didnt. Given that they have not improved the game since 2007, who's to says that their next effort will produce a winner? At least there is some competition now and that can only be a good thing

You're missing a big thing though... since the start of the development of the game HB informed us they had a limited budget because EA Sports pulled out... so HB went it alone, with a limited budget to work with, i think they did everything they can, and i for one will be in appreciation for whatever is dished out.

my hunger for a rugby game is beyond comprehension. and if it's exactly like 08, then i'll still take it as it was an awesome game to begin with.

all the naysayers here or sidhe fanboy's can continue to be evil or cruel, but i don't see them trying to make a valid contribution to the Rugby gaming community... by keeping on dissing a game that still has to be released is like saying your future girlfriend who you never met will be terrible in bed...

Come on guys lets leave out the "fanboy" rubbish...

I was really excited when i first heard about Rugby 2012, but when it became apparent that there would be some rather major licenses missing from the game and that it would only be a World Cup game I felt pretty disappointed.
I still really hoped that they may deliver something great in the game play - as this was what HB said they were striving for ahead of licenses, features and graphics.
After playing the demo i was again let down as the gameplay has hardly changed since Rugby 06 except for a new button mashing rucking system...

I'm sure someone is gonna read this and think "What a Fanboy" but at the end of the day, i'm genuinely disappointed with what i've seen from HB and RWC 2011. The fact that there is a competing product that you must admit (fan or not), looks pretty good, and as a Kiwi it has all my favourite teams/comps fully licensed, so for me Rugby Challenge will be my first pick. For others who are passionate about the RWC or International licenses they may pick RWC 2011 first and i'm sure that there will be a lot of support for the RWC 2011 game in South Africa as Rugby Challenge will not feature any licensed International, Franchise or Club teams from South Africa.

Either way, although i wont be getting RWC 2011 straight away i really do hope that both ***les are a big success and that we see both developers getting the chance to make a sequel before the next World Cup :)

...rant over.

You're missing a big thing though... since the start of the development of the game HB informed us they had a limited budget because EA Sports pulled out... so HB went it alone, with a limited budget to work with, i think they did everything they can, and i for one will be in appreciation for whatever is dished out.

So they had a limited budget and couldn't make a very good game...but we should be understanding and buy it anyway?

my hunger for a rugby game is beyond comprehension. and if it's exactly like 08, then i'll still take it as it was an awesome game to begin with.

I've been looking forward to a new rugby game too (not quite in the 'beyond comprehension' stakes, but close!) and I could understand you saying this IF you don't already have Rugby 08.

all the naysayers here or sidhe fanboy's can continue to be evil or cruel, but i don't see them trying to make a valid contribution to the Rugby gaming community... by keeping on dissing a game that still has to be released is like saying your future girlfriend who you never met will be terrible in bed...

I'm not sure why people think that having a low opinion of the RWC2011 game/demo equates to them being a Sidhe fanboy..I've never played a Sidhe game but will be watching the reviews of their RC effort with interest as I won't be buying RWC2011. Good analogy except the demo is supposed to give people a 'taste' of what to expect. I tasted, I spewed.

It looks to be a very bad game, just rugby 08 with less lisences and average next gen graphics. Rugby Challenge will be so much better :) How can you have a NZ world cup game with no lisenced NZ stadia

Latest posts