• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RWC 2011 Demo - Your thoughts?

Am I the only one who prefers the NZ/Aus commentry to the UK one?

NO - Stuart Barnes is a fat twat who never made it at international level because Rob Andrew (who wasn't exactly Dan Carter) was so much better than him. he's a negative egotistacal idiot and i think Robert Mugabi is more in touch with reality than he is.

so i'm sort of on the fence...

:eek:I just noticed that if you kick the ball in general play and it rolls over the dead ball line, the opposition gets a 22m dropout, not a scrum where it was kicked from which i thout was the rule. Is this rule different outside of nz or something? or am i just being an idiot.

:eek:I just noticed that if you kick the ball in general play and it rolls over the dead ball line, the opposition gets a 22m dropout, not a scrum where it was kicked from which i thout was the rule. Is this rule different outside of nz or something? or am i just being an idiot.

Laws of the Game are the same everywhere

im pretty sure if you kick it out the back of the ingoal its a scrum from where its kicked. its happened to me in the demo. I THINK if it goes out the side its a 22m drop out

im pretty sure if you kick it out the back of the ingoal its a scrum from where its kicked. its happened to me in the demo. I THINK if it goes out the side its a 22m drop out

hey do you have the demo on Xbox or could down load it in PSN?

I dont think it matters where it goes out. Either way its dead in goal. I kicked from outside the 22m line, it bounced a couple of times then went over the db line at the back, and the opposition was awarded a 22m drop out.

Just did multiple testing of this in-game myself...

1a. Kicked directly over the dead ball line = 22m drop out
1b. Kicked over the dead ball line (via bounce) = 22m drop out (mostly) / scrum (occasionally)

2a. Kicked directly over the touch-in-goal line = 22m drop out
2b. Kicked over the touch-in-goal line (via bounce) =
22m drop out (mostly) / scrum (occasionally)

So I have seen a variation in decision for both in-goal lines - but never as an option for selection. Why would there be an inconsistency in the decision... are they trying to simulate the options chosen by the AI? ...if so, there is no option offered to the defending human player when it is a 1v1 match.

The rules themselves state that the defending team have the choice of either a 22m drop out or scrum from where the ball was kicked, whether the ball was kicked over either in-goal line (22.8 Ball kicked dead through in-goal)

Last edited:
I agree 100%
When rugby 08 came out we hoped and prayed that HB Studios would at least provide a patch or something to fix all the teh bugs in the game.Years went by and they didn't bother.We were stuck with a broken game and we had to endure the bugs and bad law interpretations. No patches ever came out to fix the game.Now they want us to buy their new attempt at a game ??
Can they really blame us for rather investing in RC??

What I find is the most dissapointing aspect of all this.

The people who enjoy the game( which is fair enough) are having to explain how it's different to rugby 08. If the game was developed with a clear definition, rugby 08 shouldn't of even been mentioned. I'm not a "fan boy" of RC, but they seem to have their heads screwed on straight over there. They took the advice from the community and have BUILT a game. Not repackaged a previous ***le's gameplay (which was so bad that it didn't even sell enough copies to be deemed worthy of a sequel). We can all ***** and moan about the licences, but if you don't have them, then you have to expect to beat the competition in gameplay. Something that Pro Evo managed for a number of years over their FIFA counterpart.

The dissapointment comes from the fact that they didn't develop and they didn't even bother to fix clear errors and glitches in 08, they ignored the horrendous problems. They added a shiney new rucking system(which works, but how difficult was that) and a few dummy passes and called it a day. Honestly, i'd like to know exactly what they did "develop". What took so long that they had to feed us a re-incarnation of the same game.

I wont be buying RWC, I already own it's older, more advanced brother on a weaker console. For this reason, i will be giving a chance to RC.

Latest posts