• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Has this World Cup lived up to its expectation?

MichaelBoard

Academy Player
Country Flag
Wales
Has this World Cup lived up to its expectation? I'm talking on all fronts. Has South Africa as hosts provided good stadia? Has the atmosphere been good? (imo i think the vuvezelas ruined it) Have teams played to their potential? Has the world cup lived up to expectations in terms of shock results? etc etc

First round was disappointing, but as Feic said, it's only the first round. The second round matches so far have been better, so hopefully it'll go from strength to strength

Disappointing so far, but hoping for better matches. There have only been a rare few so far.

Well then you should have asked "Is the World Cup living up to expectations?" Also, if you're not going to spell my name right just use the quote option.

Well sorry but your name wasn't exactly that important to me, just the fact that I replied to you was. I thought that common sense would have prevailed. I think its slightly obvious that I meant has the tournament lived up to its expectations so far as like you said its only in the second round of groups.

What does "Feicarsinn" mean? I was wondering it before, and if you put in google it just comes up with your posts here

feic means to look or to see ...

ar means at or on methinks

and sinn means us in this context

so i believe it means

look at us

and yes worldcup has lived up to my expectations...i expected boredom... :/ sadly have not been proven wrong

Well sorry but your name wasn't exactly that important to me, just the fact that I replied to you was. I thought that common sense would have prevailed. I think its slightly obvious that I meant has the tournament lived up to its expectations so far as like you said its only in the second round of groups.

I'm not denying it was obvious, it's just a little silly to asking has the tournament lived up to expectations at this stage.

Olyy said:
What does "Feicarsinn" mean? I was wondering it before, and if you put in google it just comes up with your posts here

Who says it means anything? :D

3 words in one, literally "look at us". Can't remember why I picked it, t'was three years ago and I didn't really intend to be hanging round here.

Ok fair point, but I don't think that it was silly as like I said I meant so far which I meant so far and other people had the common sense to realise this. Besides I think I was justified in asking the question "has the world cup lived up to its expectations as just looking at how many goals have been scored in the first round of group matches suggests that it hasn't. I'm not totally sure how many have been scored in the first round of group matches this year but I'm almost certain that it is inferior to the 39 scored in 2006. So in that sense no I don't think it has lived up to its expectations as far as goals being scored so compared to Germany 2006 in terms of goals my question was relevant and it made no difference whether or not the tournament was still in the early stages as we (or certainly me) have seen enough so far to say whether it has exceeded or fell below the standard of Germany 2006 up to this point

not going to say anymore because its petty and can't be bothered to argue over something so stupid and pointless and I'm assuming you're thinking the same

I'm not denying it was obvious, it's just a little silly to asking has the tournament lived up to expectations at this stage.

Who says it means anything? :D

3 words in one, literally "look at us". Can't remember why I picked it, t'was three years ago and I didn't really intend to be hanging round here.
Welcome to the Hotel California.

In Icelandic the name translates as feckarssing.

It's starting to get there after the second round of games. I just hope Spain don't get knocked out tomorrow.

Well, in general the World Cup's results have been shocking. New Zealand drawing with Italy makes this the best WC for me, but small things do seem to ruin this WC, like the Vuvuzelas and the amount of draws.

I agree with you the results so far have been shocking because of so many draws, but you could argue that this is an exciting aspect of the World Cup so far, not having the slightest inclin on who will win a game and it may also result in a final last round of group games where we will only find out at the very end which teams will progress and which big teams won't make it. Vuvuzelas have ruined it for me though

Just seems to me as if nobody cares. It's like all the big teams are only playing because they have to. Doesn't seem like anybody is actually trying to win this thing. If England get knocked out, i hope that the Netherlands win.

Wouldn't be the case if FIFA hadn't insisted on fixing French matches to ensure a bigger TV audience. ******* *****

Must admit I stopped watching games in the early part of last week. I got bored before even before the England v Algeria match killed my interest completely.

I May do a bit of glory hunting if they start winning, but to be honest I don't really give a toss any-more.

Much prefer the World Cup on my Xbox then the real one.

Latest posts