• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

HB Studios Q&A vol. 2

We're not messing about with polls of polls of polls of polls. If people have a question they wish to ask, put it in the questions thread and if it's deemed applicable it'll be put forward. As there were literally 100's of the buggers to go through for this selection, most of which were duplicate, it was bad enough for St Helens RLFC to put it all together last time.

There will however be themed QAs along with other media and features in the upcoming months which will cover various facets including the individual elements. At this early stage though things are still too rough to go into significant detail.

he said the game is looking good so far.... that's awesome news...

sounds great, theyre obviously thinking seriously about the tricky elements like the ruck and cant wait to see the outcome.

As an aside, if they want to provide an all expenses paid trip to their camp for someone to test the game and be really overly critical, im on board ;)

Great news! Sounds like they are making significant steps to improving the rugby series! Shame there's still no word on whether or not the game will have Online Gameplay.

There are so many questions we all want to ask - the problem is that HB may not know themselves yet whether or not they will be able to include features they want and we want.

It's a hard task for me doing a Q and A in compiling the questions too - I need to establish what can be answered yet and what can't. It's a very difficult juggling act, but I think Alastair and Glen have given us lots of information here, but not yet about what we all want. We're involved as fans in this game from the start. The best is yet to come.

its great to read that HB are really involving us at TRF. nice their updating us regularly and wetting our appetite our hints such as "game is looking good so far". Good to hear that HB are working at areas that have not been covered properly before. The rucks and mauls always tend to be a bit of pot luck in certain areas, needs to be slightly more manual (bit like the fight for the fumble feature in madden - without the button bashing). Button bashing would be a bit of a cop-out if applied at every ruck. maybe spontaneously would be one idea, but a little too simple and overused.... we're all looking forward to hearing whats on the horizon. can't wait for the licensing restrictions to be "un restricted" to see some screens to see what direction the games gonna go. anything will do - stadium, player, ball anything :p :p :D :D

I am stoked to hear that someone is finally making a Rugby game - way to long since we have seen one!!!

One thing I would like is similar to the old Jonah Lomu - World XV, Barbarians, British Lions and maybe even a North V South XV but at least let us pick who we want as players...historical players would be nice but i dont want to push our luck - imagine playing sailor v lomu, Ella v Carter, Spies v Kefu...mouth watering really!!!

Can we also look at the chip kick option, not really used in many of the other games as grubbers were preferred but that would be great and maybe have a few different camera angles...

Very impressed with what I've read so far and the desire to create a real simulation this time around with rucking. I actually am really glad that EA aren't publishing it, because those morons force all the dev teams to rush ***les out - finished or not - in order to make a buck. The experience of the previous ***les was evidence of that (as is the latest Command and Conquer ***le for those familiar with EA's damaging involvement with it).

I d say we will be waiting along time for the screen shots as the game wont be out till atleast this time next yr

I sincerely they get the licences for all the major regional competitions, as well as reintroducing The Lions Tours, with the ability to choose either the host nation or The Lions...

I sincerely they get the licences for all the major regional competitions, as well as reintroducing The Lions Tours, with the ability to choose either the host nation or The Lions...

Bugger the licenses, get the gameplay right first. Someone can always make a mode for the game with all the correct jerseys and players later and HB wouldn't have to worry about paying stupid amounts of money to give teams/comps free advertising (very strange practice when you think of it).

Will the bank of questions in the 'Questions for HB Studios' Thread be used for future Q+A?

Can we assume they'll be using in-house technology eg. fifa engine??? That's what I'm expecting anyway..

Someone I truly agree with, I don't know maybe I'm just a perfectionist but licensing has to be done. Also When do you think we can see some screenshots. Just a few to get an idea please.

Will the bank of questions in the 'Questions for HB Studios' Thread be used for future Q+A?

Do you mean like this one has been?

Can we assume they'll be using in-house technology eg. fifa engine??? That's what I'm expecting anyway..

Nothing to do with EA umo, so I'd say that's not likely.

Yes, I will be scouring the Q and A thread for questions with earnest. I will just need to be aware of what I can select because there's no point me asking questions that can't be answered at that time in the development.

Needless to say I am in constant touch with HB Studios and I am always looking to extract information!

Will there be a hitstick like in the madden games?

and will one be able to control an off the ball runner to pick nice lines?

Ok great news! I will try and think of some new questions. Looking forward to the next Q+A. Great work so far, Thanks.

Latest posts