• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

HB Studios Q&A vol. 2

Stuff like create a team and league/season mode isn't important to me in this first version, that stuff can come later! There is no point having that stuff if it's going to compromise gameplay... it wouldn't even worry me that much if there was just international teams in this game. More players = less attention to detail.

Online play is an absolute must, though.

Last edited:
man Im just flabbergasted at what they could possible be implementing for contest at rucks... maybe seperate buttons for blowover, joining ruck, bridging, laying the ball back when tackled, being able hold on to the ball a bit longer for support to get there

man Im just flabbergasted at what they could possible be implementing for contest at rucks... maybe seperate buttons for blowover, joining ruck, bridging, laying the ball back when tackled, being able hold on to the ball a bit longer for support to get there

There has been some quite in-depth discussion on that exact topic here so if you get any flashes of inspiration while looking at the suggestions get them down on that thread so HB can see!

I think maybe holding left bumper to hold the ball in close to chest or under the arm= would make it more dificult to dislodge in the tackle and give you control over when it is released on the floor by letting go of button ..but as a consiquence of holding it close in loose play it makes it slower to pass the ball or get the arm out for a fend ...just a thought

as in left bumper do you mean the L3 button?.. that's a good idea too

Just realied i posted in the incorrect thread apologies TRF staff

and the button above the trigger one

Sounds awesome can't wait for the new game and I am really happy that HB are putting in so much effort with everything and I agree getting rucks right is hard I am a coach and referee and it is a really important and difficult part of rugby to coach and referee because it really is only a couple of seconds and then play moves on. Games have been won and lost because of rucking.

Great cant wait just hope they get the players ability's right this time like say Francios Steyn who can kick a penalty and a drop goal from 60m out, and a game system were you can create and play with only your own player and build he's stats up overtime.

Im hoping for a sevens tournament in there? Will there be a lions tour?

I am really excited as I am a big rugby fan, we have waited long enough for another addition.

If the running game isn't fun, then sevens won't be any fun. The tech used in Rugby 08 will not make for a good sevens mode. That being said Rugby 08 was still a fun game. I think I made some sort of a point.

Nice to hear about what their aims are for the game. The main thing for me though is the speed of the players, especially when changing direction. In Rugby 08, if you ran sideways you could cover half the pitch in less than a second, and it felt very awkward when playing.

i hope they dont put a type of gamemode like fifas "be a pro", it wud be a complete waste of time and money!

i hope they make a sevens mode and dat they also include the lions tour, currie cup, air new zealand cup(npc if u will), celtic(magners) league, anglo-welsh(LV=) cup, a career mode, and possibly even the british and irish cup!

i also hope they get all the squads for each team correct because in rugby 08 i had to spend alot of time fixing both international and club squads. i hope they give players proper ratings aswell !!!

i hope to see even harder difficulties as in rugby 08 i was beating the all blacks by 30 points while playin as namibia, i would rele like to see online gameplay aswell !!

i dont want to see the rucks go too in-depth as it wud make the game a lot slower and less enjoyable!!

as a hooker, i would like to see different sets of lineout calls and also 2 man lineouts right through to full lineouts!! set plays from lineouts would also be good e.g. the hooker peeling around directly from the lineout and charging at the fly half, or a transfer from 4 to 2, or possibly even the move the ospreys do frequently wen the lineout splits in 2 and the scrum half runs through the middle shattering the opposition defence!

Think you have to be carefull if you make the game a bit to complicated regarding ruck and maul,, so why not put an option where the gaming player can fight for the ball using various buttons etc or the option to make the ruck/maul automatic

ways to improve rugby2012:

1. online multi player --a MUST
1.1 updates on player
2. improve difficulty, it is to easy to win when playing against the computer.have difficulty modes like fifa--amateur,semi pro,professional,world class, and legendary.it is not fun at all if you can beat the springboks, all blacks etc when playing with romania on hard....
3.more stats!! have stats available eg tackles made, tackles missed, running meters gained, tries,points,turnovers conceded,cards for each individual player per tournament.
4.man of the match, and player of the series/tournament awards.
5. manager modes+playing
6. build up a team say over a period over 4 years for a world cup, player stats will improve depending on how you play.
7.realistic player attributes...make an effort and find out how good a player is in real life...dont give a player a goal kicking of 50 when in local tournament he can actually kick well.

i cant wait for the rugby game to be released it has been far to long now, stop making nonsense games like big beach sports and beach volleyball and start concentrating on a awesome mans man rugby game with rugby 2013 2014 and 2015 already in the pipeline...there are a lot of rugby supporters!!!

If the running game isn't fun, then sevens won't be any fun. The tech used in Rugby 08 will not make for a good sevens mode. That being said Rugby 08 was still a fun game. I think I made some sort of a point.

I highly agree with you, this is what I have been thinking the entire time.

i hope they dont put a type of gamemode like fifas "be a pro", it wud be a complete waste of time and money!

i hope they make a sevens mode and dat they also include the lions tour, currie cup, air new zealand cup(npc if u will), celtic(magners) league, anglo-welsh(LV=) cup, a career mode, and possibly even the british and irish cup!

i also hope they get all the squads for each team correct because in rugby 08 i had to spend alot of time fixing both international and club squads. i hope they give players proper ratings aswell !!!

i hope to see even harder difficulties as in rugby 08 i was beating the all blacks by 30 points while playin as namibia, i would rele like to see online gameplay aswell !!

i dont want to see the rucks go too in-depth as it wud make the game a lot slower and less enjoyable!!

as a hooker, i would like to see different sets of lineout calls and also 2 man lineouts right through to full lineouts!! set plays from lineouts would also be good e.g. the hooker peeling around directly from the lineout and charging at the fly half, or a transfer from 4 to 2, or possibly even the move the ospreys do frequently wen the lineout splits in 2 and the scrum half runs through the middle shattering the opposition defence!

Lmao, a sevens mode would be a complete waste of time and money, you're complaining about the game not being hard enough... how hard do you think a sevens mode will be???...

And you say no to be a pro but suggest having a career mode??? difference?

Great stuff HB studios!

Would be very complicated trying to make a game work but we know you guys are doing your best....

Lmao, a sevens mode would be a complete waste of time and money, you're complaining about the game not being hard enough... how hard do you think a sevens mode will be???...

And you say no to be a pro but suggest having a career mode??? difference?

i know that a sevens mode would be difficult because we need a challenge in this game, im just sick of beating new zealand on elite with the likes of spain or georgia!

im just personally not a fan of "be a pro" i never really liked it... career mode is only slightly similar and i think it would be the best part of the game if it was continuous and if players ratings fluxuated and if eventually players retired and new academy players came through!

ways to improve rugby2012:

1. online multi player --a MUST
1.1 updates on player
2. improve difficulty, it is to easy to win when playing against the computer.have difficulty modes like fifa--amateur,semi pro,professional,world class, and legendary.it is not fun at all if you can beat the springboks, all blacks etc when playing with romania on hard....
3.more stats!! have stats available eg tackles made, tackles missed, running meters gained, tries,points,turnovers conceded,cards for each individual player per tournament.
4.man of the match, and player of the series/tournament awards.
5. manager modes+playing
6. build up a team say over a period over 4 years for a world cup, player stats will improve depending on how you play.
7.realistic player attributes...make an effort and find out how good a player is in real life...dont give a player a goal kicking of 50 when in local tournament he can actually kick well.

i cant wait for the rugby game to be released it has been far to long now, stop making nonsense games like big beach sports and beach volleyball and start concentrating on a awesome mans man rugby game with rugby 2013 2014 and 2015 already in the pipeline...there are a lot of rugby supporters!!!

i couldn't agree with you anymore . . . . especially no. 1.1, 2, and 7

I dont see how a sevens mode will be that expensive. Surley its a case of adding a different set of rules and protocols (or whatever the techy term is) and set it apart. A sevens mode should add some fun to the standard gameplay.

Latest posts