• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

HB Studios Q&A vol. 2

I dont see how a sevens mode will be that expensive. Surley its a case of adding a different set of rules and protocols (or whatever the techy term is) and set it apart. A sevens mode should add some fun to the standard gameplay.

exactly! thank you

I believe you should be able to not so much customize but coach the type of rucks, line outs, scrums, backline moves, team gameplan that you want. Things like creating your own backline move, whether to use a sealer or cleaning type ruck, how many people you want in your line out, where your players should be lined up for the next attack, etc. Also rucks should be automatic and be designed as a attribute to players that can be trained. I Aldo hope that they implement a lot of the FIFA franchises manger mode styling into the game.

But ultimately I am just happy that they are bringing out a new rugby ***le. Thank you HB

More Legends More fouls more Blood

Firstly huge fan of the game and have invested a good share of my childhood and adulthood playing this game. It would be nice to unlock legends of the game , Jonah, Serge Blanco, Michael Lynah, Tim Horan,David Campese. Also leveraging off FIFA if a player gets injured he goes to ground and the game continues. He joins the defensive line when he recovers although still plays injured until he naturally recovers or if he is involved in another collision repeats the process or gets stretchered off. Improving AI in defence when a break is made the whole defensive team gathers in a bunch and chases like a under 12's game. I would love to see variation in the abilties eg a props being able to step although not to the degree of a winger. This is just my own wish list but I always thought all rugby games were lacking gamesman ship whereby sneaky short arm jabs in the ruck or sneaky infringements which are a big part of Rugby- bit of blood and bloodbins. Anyway supremely excited and until than I will have to play Rugby league live until Rugby 2012 releases.

Agree, they will already have the platform. Should also be able to turn on rucking and lessen levels of offside and infringements

Thanks Guys.. Great Interview. Good to know the priorities are right. Even though its a year away I'm already excited.

The ruck is without a doubt one the thing that needed the most work. Could I suggest that if a defender is there first they could use the right stick to try and pilfer the ball. This would work by having to push the stick in the right direction to be able to quickly get it(feedback given to the player via vibration). Obviously the longer you have (like at an isolated ruck) the more time to find the right direction to get the pilfer. Like wise the higher the individuals stat the easier and more lenient it is to find the right direction. Using a face buttons both attack and defense can commit numbers to a ruck. The more the defense commit the faster and more secure the ball will be (the first one or is necessary to reduce the chance to pilfer). Likewise the more the defense adds to the ruck the slower and less secure the ball for the attackers would be. If the defense committed enough to the ruck then a counter ruck would occur...

The only other areas that i think needs lots of work is line-outs and distributing to short runners. I love that there are only three possible jumpers at the line-out but more options in terms of what each does. I think it would be great to use shoulder buttons to allow the line-out to move players around so the jumpers are at different spots then simply press the corresponding face button to throw to them for ball of the top, hold for a maul, or double tap to hit a looping forward. That would be fantastic. I think you can drop the whole timing the jump with throw thing it just made it inaccessible and was pretty lame.

Distributing to short runners is a really hard one! It needs to allow for passing to multiple runners so that the Human defender can't just pick off ball runner and smash them!. I guess its possible for pressing one button for the half back to pick up and go left then pressing again to choose the runner but that is still clunky. So I don't know but I hope its is up there on your priority list

Thanks again guys looking forward to it.

Cannot wait , as a matter of fact this is how I found out about this forum (which turned out to be a huge bonus) , not sure if this was asked but will there be the ability to take a quick tap ? EA08 did not have that feature also will the new stadiums be included like soccer city and the CT stadium etc etc. It was be uber cool if you can include things like the Haka and lastly a legions team. How great would it be to see Camp playing against the likes of Habana or Joe Rokoko ? CANNOT WAIT for this !! Thanks guys

Sorry to add (I am so excited already) local teams/comps like the CC and NPC ? manager mode ? Dam I have so much more to ask , think I should read the FAQ's again !! LOL

Cannot wait , as a matter of fact this is how I found out about this forum (which turned out to be a huge bonus) , not sure if this was asked but will there be the ability to take a quick tap ? EA08 did not have that feature also will the new stadiums be included like soccer city and the CT stadium etc etc. It was be uber cool if you can include things like the Haka and lastly a legions team. How great would it be to see Camp playing against the likes of Habana or Joe Rokoko ? CANNOT WAIT for this !! Thanks guys

Hey, I'm pretty sure quick taps are available in Rugby 08. I have the PC version and I know I've performed quick taps before. Just letting you know!

Hey, I'm pretty sure quick taps are available in Rugby 08. I have the PC version and I know I've performed quick taps before. Just letting you know!

You are right that There are pretty taps available in rugby 08. Even I have also played it as well. If You will play online against the defeat man. You will more enjoy than single player. I hope that You will enjoy it very well.

I NEED THIS GAME NOW!!!! Altough they are taking their time Im glad, It would be nice to have a totally kickass game that can bring both new and old rugby fans together but Im getting very tired of Rugby 08. Bring on a picture even a stadium picture

You are right that There are pretty taps available in rugby 08.

They were very static quick taps with the opposite team lined up ready to smash you. I didn't use them unless i was playing "you have to quick everything" rules.
Quick line outs were also very static especially with the animations!

Its good to know they are spending alot of time on the rucking system! I hope they do the same with the backs moves!! Please let their be a custom moves editor!

They were very static quick taps with the opposite team lined up ready to smash you. I didn't use them unless i was playing "you have to quick everything" rules.
Quick line outs were also very static especially with the animations!

Its good to know they are spending alot of time on the rucking system! I hope they do the same with the backs moves!! Please let their be a custom moves editor!

Haha, I remember that. As soon as your player taps the ball with his foot, the opposing team always hits him and he knocks the ball on. Every time.

I guess that is something to work on :D.

you guys just havent developed the skill of the quick tap... imo its actually the easiest way to score.. hold up or down depending on which side has more space whilst tapping the ball and you take off away from the opposition and they're all lined up before you so there is only a couple players out in the backs but your backline is already lined up, quick passes to the second five then straighten up and he hits the gap, draw the fullback and pass to your centre and you're got a clear path to the try line with a winger to spare if their winger catches your centre, pop the pass and your off

you guys just havent developed the skill of the quick tap... imo its actually the easiest way to score.. hold up or down depending on which side has more space whilst tapping the ball and you take off away from the opposition and they're all lined up before you so there is only a couple players out in the backs but your backline is already lined up, quick passes to the second five then straighten up and he hits the gap, draw the fullback and pass to your centre and you're got a clear path to the try line with a winger to spare if their winger catches your centre, pop the pass and your off

Haha I will definitely give that a shot the next time a quick tap becomes available!

I NEED THIS GAME NOW!!!! Altough they are taking their time Im glad, It would be nice to have a totally kickass game that can bring both new and old rugby fans together but Im getting very tired of Rugby 08. Bring on a picture even a stadium picture

hahaha thats funny man

Ok, firstly I am so stoked that they are making a new rugby game.

Secondly, I am a massive rugby fan, not just international or the local matches in my country, but every game on tv I can watch. I am also a player, so passionate about playing that I don't care what position I play in, I have played every position on the field (but I am a little fella).

It would be great if the game had a training mode and build a team to compete for the world cup, as we have seen over the last year, a lot can change. So how about having to adapt your team and approach to the rules and the opposition? Something my beloved Springboks never managed to do this year. So that one season you are kings of the world, and the next you can't even "buy" a victory (it's just not cricket)! Would be great if you could train your players to improve in certain aspects and make you feel like you are actually doing something more than just play on the day.

If time (and money) permits, then maybe even a chance to manage the team including resting players, deciding on tours and friendlies etc. all in the hopes of building your team and squad to win the Webb Ellis Trophy. So a sense that over the years some players improve, and some fall away necessitating the need for them to be rested or dropped?

but in the end, I would just be happy with a rugby game comparable to Fifa 2011 or 2010.

Oh, and it would be nice if the positions of players were improved, I mean in 2008, pierre spies was a flyhalf??

This sounds amazing, it would be nice to have free game play so that you can't just learn to beat the repetitive opposition, but I am so excited!!

Latest posts