• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Heineken Cup Final 2008

The Heineken Cup Final

• Munster

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Toulouse

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
<div class='quotemain'> Everyone needs to come together to foster better practice and a much more positive vision for forwards in Rugby Union.[/b]
ELV's???[/b][/quote]

STFU.PNG

Ok so Prestwick wants to run his mouth again.
[/b]

What? Not for the first, but definitely not the last time: what the hell are you talking about? Why do you always do this, be so confrontational? I'm stating cold hard facts, something you're failing to do.

The average for the HEC was actually per round at about 12 - 13,000. These figures were picked up from the clubs and the ERC. Leicester, Gloucester, Munster, Ulster and the French clubs sold out with attendances of 17,000 to 12,000. Also remember that clubs like Viadana and Glasgow have small stadia which even when at full capacity bring down the average.

When the new generation of 20 - 30,000 seater stadiums come on stream, the averages will only get bigger. Fact. End of story. Finito. Das Ende. NH Rugby is at a position where they are turning people away at the gates and games have been sold out months in advance.

To be perfectly blunt, your figures mean absolutely nothing when the fact remains that attendances are at record levels and that sell outs are the norm rather than the exception in NH Rugby.

Yes Steve, lets not get into this, just take my point that game attendances in the NH are at record levels in all HEC nations at face value instead of trying to use it as a point of confrontation. And considering that the GP Final is going to be a sell out at 82,000, I see absolutely no reason why you need to be so haughty and aloof about NH Club Rugby.

EDIT: To be fair to Cymro, he is being very modest. Two Grand Slams within five years surely didn't do Welsh provincial and club attendances any harm?

I'm only confrontational when stuff like this gets dragged on with provoking sarcasm. And i'm not gonna get dragged into this any further since you never consider the facts and views I or anyone else brings to the table.
The basic facts are there, take it or leave it. The cold hard numbers are there Prestwick.
If you wanna say more drop me a PM, this is not the place.

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

What? Not for the first, but definitely not the last time: what the hell are you talking about? Why do you always do this, be so confrontational? I'm stating cold hard facts, something you're failing to do.

The average for the HEC was actually per round at about 12 - 13,000. These figures were picked up from the clubs and the ERC. Leicester, Gloucester, Munster, Ulster and the French clubs sold out with attendances of 17,000 to 12,000. Also remember that clubs like Viadana and Glasgow have small stadia which even when at full capacity bring down the average.

When the new generation of 20 - 30,000 seater stadiums come on stream, the averages will only get bigger. Fact. End of story. Finito. Das Ende. NH Rugby is at a position where they are turning people away at the gates and games have been sold out months in advance.

To be perfectly blunt, your figures mean absolutely nothing when the fact remains that attendances are at record levels and that sell outs are the norm rather than the exception in NH Rugby.

Yes Steve, lets not get into this, just take my point that game attendances in the NH are at record levels in all HEC nations at face value instead of trying to use it as a point of confrontation. And considering that the GP Final is going to be a sell out at 82,000, I see absolutely no reason why you need to be so haughty and aloof about NH Club Rugby.

EDIT: To be fair to Cymro, he is being very modest. Two Grand Slams within five years surely didn't do Welsh provincial and club attendances any harm? [/b][/quote]

:bana:

Maybe I was being modest yes the grandslams have probably helped but clubs like Cardiff offer cheaper tickets now and the crowds at the Arms Park have steadily risen, I gather similar scheme's have been put in place with the Scarlets and Ospreys.

I was on the HEC site and was looking through the attendances and there were small ones and as Prestwick stated the small attendances were down to the fact that some of the teams mentioned above have smaller gounds, but given a few years they will have the bigger stadiums. The reason for that are that rugby is growing bigger and bigger day by day. At the outcome will be the fanbase will become bigger and these older stadiums will be replaced by bigger ones.

Its down to supply and demand really.

The Millenium Stadium has a capacity of 75,000, now with the Blues moving to Leckwith with Cardiff City FC and the stadium there is 20,000 so the Blues will be upgrading by around 6,000 seats, that means rumours are flying around that the Arms Park will be knocked down and the Millenium Stadium will expand by another 15,000 seats, because the demand is being there. Could you imagine 90,000 Welsh fans screaming for the team?

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

EDIT: To be fair to Cymro, he is being very modest. Two Grand Slams within five years surely didn't do Welsh provincial and club attendances any harm? [/b][/quote]

Maybe I was being modest yes the grandslams have probably helped but clubs like Cardiff offer cheaper tickets now and the crowds at the Arms Park have steadily risen, I gather similar scheme's have been put in place with the Scarlets and Ospreys.

I was on the HEC site and was looking through the attendances and there were small ones and as Prestwick stated the small attendances were down to the fact that some of the teams mentioned above have smaller gounds, but given a few years they will have the bigger stadiums. The reason for that are that rugby is growing bigger and bigger day by day. At the outcome will be the fanbase will become bigger and these older stadiums will be replaced by bigger ones.

The Millenium Stadium has a capacity of 75,000, now with the Blues moving to Leckwith with Cardiff City FC and the stadium there is 20,000 so the Blues will be upgrading by around 6,000 seats, that means rumours are flying around that the Arms Park will be knocked down and the Millenium Stadium will expand by another 15,000 seats, because the demand is being there. Could you imagine 90,000 Welsh fans screaming for the team?
[/b][/quote]
Yeah, sounds horrific!

I agree completely with everything everyone has said on this thread. Including myself, because I'm being magnanimous.

The last word should go to Munster's kiwi contingent, who expressed their disgust at how their boring team won the most boring competition in the world. And the Munster fans roared their agreement:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phdLPlJCi8s

Howlett then picked up a car and tossed it the length of O'Connell St, where it smashed through the window of a French brasserie and landed on an Aussie international prop who was sipping a glass of Perrier.

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

[/b][/quote]
Yeah, sounds horrific! [/b][/quote]

<_<

Its great that we're all talking about how big the strides that NH Club Rugby is making in such a short space of time. With the average Club rugby stadium in the UK topping a size of 15,000, its an obvious clue that the game is incredibly popular across the land.

The cold, hard facts and numbers reflect this, and boy does it feel good!

I agree completely with everything everyone has said on this thread. Including myself, because I'm being magnanimous.

The last word should go to Munster's kiwi contingent, who expressed their disgust at how their boring team won the most boring competition in the world. And the Munster fans roared their agreement:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phdLPlJCi8s

Howlett then picked up a car and tossed it the length of O'Connell St, where it smashed through the window of a French brasserie and landed on an Aussie international prop who was sipping a glass of Perrier. [/b]

It was dead boring. Not as boring as how I smashed my finger playing street rugby with drunk Munster fans.

Munster did earn the win. Winning a game reffed by Nigel Owens is virtually impossible these days...

Latest posts