Heineken Cup Final: Northampton Saints - Leinster

Heineken Cup Final

• Northampton Saints

Votes: 13 30.2%
  • Leinster

Votes: 30 69.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Bullitt I think Saints replacements aren't as bad as made out. They'll never be standout guys or starters but are decent enough to contribute an impact. Will they be able to equal the same quality of bench as Leinster. No but not many in Europe can. I think the Saints backup frontrow will be fine if scrummaging is going well because if you match up it's unlikely Strauss will be replaced and Ross or Wright are very similar to Mujati. While Healy and Tong... Do alot of damage in loose

The most import is keeping Dickson fit. He's not your Care/Youngs/Simpson modern type sniping scrummie (so instantly pooh-pooed by the so called "in the know" sorts), but the difference he makes in marshalling his pack is phenominal - No coincidence Saints Losing streak ended when he returned from injury. Plus I can't think of another 9 who gets the ball to his backs quicker.

Here's a reason to get more neutrals onside*:
99_0_1304340339.jpg

:)

*Okay, I admit it, I just wanted an excuse to post that picture!

The girl on the right looks like Cheryl Cole after a weekend on Crystal Meth.

That's a problem that's been repeatedly highlighted.
Incidently, its worth pointing out that Leinster salary cap isnt significantly higher then Saints (though I imagine it is higher), but our development system seems to be a few years ahead and out players less diluted.

One other factor could be the Saints run in. If they get a decent result this weekend, they will face a Saturday or Sunday game away to Leicester or Sarries in the AP semis. Leinster on the other hand should give most of our guys a rest against Glasgow this Friday before we have a home semi againt Ulster or Cardiff.

Not dismissing these fixtures but we should be able to rest a few of our first team players as our support players are so strong. Not sure if the Saints will be able to rest their players and still beat either Sarries or Leicester away from home.

Sometimes the harder fixtures is better build up than the softer games

S&M?
Interesting tactic employed by the Leinster forwards...
After being reemed by Haskell and Doran-Jones normal bedroom stuff seemed so dull that SOB had to resort to...kinkier activities

Will SOB be banned/cited it's been 48 hours so he can't right?

Nope he is all clear...Noves was very good about the whole thing , apparently said that he didn't deem it worth of a citing.

Noves is an old flat mate who "offered" to send a written letter about the incident to the authorities! :lol:

I hear Nyanga was honoured to be slapped by a player as superior as Sean O'Brien. The reason he went off immediately after was because he got overwhelmed by the excitement of it all. Apparently O'Brien signed the bruise for him after the match. "I'll never wash this cheek again" Nyanga told reporters after the match.

Apparently O'Brien said a similar thing when Haskell "Slapped" both of his "cheeks"...

Latest posts